Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Not sure if there's a specific thread for these or whatever, but, here is the Imperial March as an Island Tune. Arrangement by me.

Extra hilarious when the bells chime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Accepting visitors while I AFK to work until my battery dies. (About 65% now)

have: Apples, Oranges, Coconuts, Peaches, Windflowers, Hyacinths (none grown yet), Tulips, Pansies. There are a few hybrid Pansies around, particularly up the cliffs. Feel free to dig up.

the Nooks don't have anything that interesting: Pink Flamingo, Protein Shaker and a Scent Diffuser.

The Abels have Bunny Ears! I suspect they all do because event, tho.

So yeah - need other fruits and flowers: Roses in particular, as I'd like to start crossbreeding those. I am AFK laying on the beach just West of the Airport. I had already harvested most of the fruit today and did some replanting. Dropped remaining Apples and Oranges by the airport. Pears and Coconuts are still on the trees.

Dodo Code: K9RP0

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Pau posted:

I'm usually lurking but I made a thing using https://acpatterns.com/editor

you too can paint dumb poo poo easily or modify QRs.

I got a bunch of turnips and my prices are plummeting so I'll join the discord.

My flag at the moment.

Can you edit that pattern in game?

I have made a few in there, but the instructions on how to add your creator code weren't super clear.

So I can download stuff I've made using the QR code, but I can't edit.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Nessus posted:

I ain't got no fancy turnips or whatever, but my tailor shop is selling a Run-DMC outfit. I also have some cherries laying around which people are welcome to.

Dodo code is gone back to Hollis

If anyone can design up the Run-DMC logo for QR code scanning that'd be swell too.

Here you go.

Still seeking: peaches, cherries, bananas, roses, mums, lilies, cosmos.

And either the Ironwood Kitchenette or the Ironwood Dresser

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So aside from Turnips - what's the best moneymaking pro strat these days? New Leaf had that bit about sailing to the other island at night to catch beetles worth stupid amounts of money. Does this one have anything similar?

Edit: Also: I don't WANT the smug rear end in a top hat who is the first visitor to my campsite. Do I have a choice?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

And More posted:

I have sacrificed my ability to clone tarantulas at will for Bunny Day. :cripes:

Tell me more about tarantula cloning?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
My turnip price is 437.

What was the exchange site again?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Thanks!

Also: https://turnip.exchange/island/6410b5b9

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Whoa! 5 ppl in like 10 mins.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

loopsheloop posted:

Awesome, thank you! Left a tip in front of your plaza - wasn't sure where you wanted them.

Yeah no worries! Thanks!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
I recall seeing some speculation as to how long CJ hangs around when he visits. Can confirm it's 5:00 am, which he will tell you himself if you say you have fish to sell then change your mind.

Today is Flick's first visit for me. I like him. :)

Also: I have finally acquired recipes for Cutting Board, Ironwood Dresser and Ironwood Kitchenette. Happy to craft and share or if I can re-buy the recipes, that too.

Now I finally have the start of a dang kitchen.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Chris Pistols posted:

Seconding this - my turnip prices have been rubbish all week and I bought for 86. Got some lovely fossils, carnival masks and gimp suits tight punk outfits to gift in exchange.

Mine's 148?

Not great, but not awful.

Edit: closed.. Will repost my noon price once it updates.

Nook's is due north from the airport, but you will need a pole as I am building a bridge.

Bring flowers: Orange of all varieties, or base colors for: Mums, Lilies, Roses, Cosmos.

Fruit near airport entrance is up for grabs, feel free to take anything you need.

Edit: Flick is here as well - bring bugs!

HaB fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 3, 2020

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

MokBa posted:

My shop isn't open so I can't bring seeds but I will pay tribute for a chance to just touch your ironwood stuff

If you bring crafting materials, I can craft them for you.

pod6isjerks posted:

Planted a few orange flowers and bought a VR headset from the tailors. Wasn't able to sell any bugs to Flick though, I guess they need to visit my island first?

Yeah I dunno. Maybe you do have to see him once before you can sell. Today is the first time I have seen him, myself.

Chris Pistols posted:

Thanks for having us!

Yeah no worries!

I am still open for a bit more. Battery currently at like 30%, tho.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

pod6isjerks posted:

Good use for eggs, tree movers. What do they sell for anyway?

200 apiece. I sold all mine last night. Figure I got plenty of time if I do want to craft all the Bunny Day stuff.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

taco show posted:

Thanks! Didn’t know your flower plans so I just planted it near the hyacinths. Also gave a little to your bridge

I found it! Thanks!

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Thank you! I left a gift at your front door

Thank you!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Its just random extra sometimes

Are the multipliers random?

I thought if you didn't do a thing on the day you got it - it becomes 2x, and if you don't do it again that day it becomes 5x.

Which I thought was a really neat way to get you to engage with ALL the mechanics.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Electric Phantasm posted:

What does your rabbit friend have on their face?

Those glasses are in Abel sisters on my island today. I will open up again in a bit if you'd like to come get them.

They're called something like HUD or AHD or something.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Carlosologist posted:

My first new villager came through today. A penguin named Boomer who's dressed like a pilot. good to see that old folks are still able to get around well

I'm in the slow process of trying to get Boomer to leave. He's boring AF.

He even insulted one of my guests this morning!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Badger of Basra posted:

I’m gonna leave my island open while I work.

The Able Sisters are selling Mage Hats, Top Hats, goatees, handlebar mustaches, and various other things

Turnips selling for 179

The Nooklings are selling a bucket and a volleyball, windflower, lily, and hyacinth seeds

Take whatever fruit you like

FPGRX

So whoever was in the Abel's at the same time as me - Black pigtails, beret, brown/beige plaid dress?

Girl - that outfit was cute AF. You should be proud. :)

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Does anyone have a spare recipe for Ironwood Dresser or Cutting Board?

I've got the Ironwood Kitchenette as my hot item which is BIG bucks, but I don't have the recipe for the sub ingredients.

I got you. Gimme about 10 mins to get on and open up.

Will update with code.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Woooo!!!!!!! Keep me posted, Friend!!

PM sent

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

broken pixel posted:

I also want the Ironwood stuff but I've had awful luck. I have the recipe for the Kitchenette but not the prerequisite Cutting Board or Ironwood Dresser. Also, are there any good counters for a modernish kitchen in the game? I haven't seen anything yet.

Happy to swing by and craft the prerequisites for you.

PM me a dodo code.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

DuhSal posted:

spent some time earlier trying to catch char fish but I can't seem to nab one. do they spawn in the clifftop river or pond?

Cliff top river. 3rd AND 2nd layer, iirc

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Tim Whatley posted:

My fiancée, 100 hours into the game, with every dumbass bunny thing crafted:

"Did you know you can hold down B to run?"

You can also repeatedly tap A when the crafting animation starts to speed it up.

Running can damage flowers. It won’t uproot them but it will destroy the blossoms same as if you’d picked them. But you don’t get the flowers obvs.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Reminder that I will come craft the Ironwood Kitchenette and it’s prerequisites if you shoot me a PM with your dodo code.

You provide the mats.

Total for all 3 is:

2 Hardwood
7 Wood
8 Iron

A peek at your shops is all I need in return.

Is it just me or is the fashion game in this way above what it was in New Leaf? I put HOURS into New Leaf and can barely remember ever buying clothes. Now I’m constantly looking to put together hot new fits. I dress better in game than I do in real life. 😀

Edit: if someone wants to add this to the OP I’m cool with that. I can usually get on within 15 mins of being PM’d if I’m not already on. And I have seen a lot of ppl looking for that kitchenette. I got super lucky finding the recipes.

HaB fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 4, 2020

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Had never even seen a Money Island until today now I’ve had two.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
If anyone still needs turnips, I’m open. Selling at 95.

She’s corralled just north of the airport.

https://turnip.exchange/island/89d11281

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Can animals hop over little gaps like the player can?

I don't think villagers/vendors can. But I did learn yesterday that if you corral the Turnip Lady into too small a space, she WILL teleport, and seemingly to the furthest spot where you had her confined.

I had corralled her in some fencing when I opened up my island for ppl to come buy turnips. She first teleported when I went into the airport. Came back out and she was....gone. Eventually I found her in the very tip top northwest corner of my island, and she eventually wandered her way back to the Square. On the next attempt, I corralled her AFTER I opened the island and sat on a stump near her and went AFK. Checked on things maybe 15 mins later and she was gone again! This time WAY to the north of my island.

My corral's "gate" was a hole - and she definitely couldn't jump over it. But yeah, I assume there's some check in the navigation routine to get a villager un-stuck if they don't move from a particular spot in too long of a time.

The inner space of my corral was only 2x1 so I'm guessing if you made it bigger, the game won't think she's stuck.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Pez posted:

It's not finding you did you close up your airport already? I kind of need a cat tower. Then I'll just need a cat.

I too would like a cat tower

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

tildes posted:

How does flower breeding work in terms of rolling for a new flower? Do you get one roll per individual flower, or per individual flower pair? Basically curious how big the advantage of an optimal pattern where each flower could have like 5+ pairs versus a checkerboard where each flower is part of four pairs.

I'm wondering about flower breeding in general myself.

I have grown ONE hybrid so far: Orange Pansies. And not even deliberately. It just grew where Yellow and Red happened to be near each other. I think out of deliberate planting attempts, I have exactly one. There are perhaps 4 Orange pansies on my entire island.

I have stuff planted in regular checkerboard patterns as well as several of those 5x5 garden patterns which keep getting updated (and I update as well) and.....zip.

Only thing I can think of is that I haven't been watering much, but that's because it's been raining pretty consistently on my island, so I dunno if that's it.

Also: I need Rose seeds. That's the only flower I'm missing so far.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
As anecdotal evidence, I was in a queue with a max size of 25, and max visitors at 5 and it took about 90 mins to finally get in.

YMMV is what I'm sayin.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Speaking of the toilet talk going on:

I need bathroom stuff. I have a toilet - which is black, which TOTALLY doesn't fit my theme, as everything else is white. I have a bidet, 2 different towel racks, and a white rattan waste basket.

Looking for like - a sink for starters. A white toilet? A bath tub would be nice too. In return I can offer uh....whatever I have? I have most of the fruits/flowers, and other furniture items. Happy to order anything from my Nook shop too.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Fru Fru posted:

I have Saharah today:

stadium wall
crosswalk flooring
ivory simple bath mat
simple medium brown mat
botanical rug

Able Sisters have a clown nose, vampire costume and some other cutesy things.

I have a bunch of fruit growing in the northwest corner if anyone still needs something.

Coming for that bath mat!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Fru Fru posted:

I have Saharah today:

stadium wall
crosswalk flooring
ivory simple bath mat
simple medium brown mat
botanical rug

Able Sisters have a clown nose, vampire costume and some other cutesy things.

I have a bunch of fruit growing in the northwest corner if anyone still needs something.

I can't find Saharah

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Got some questions re: amiibo villagers.

I recently acquired some amiibo cards, since I'd like better control over who moves to my island.

Have picked out 3 I'd like to invite and invited 1 this morning. First - didn't realize they would show up IMMEDIATELY. But they did. They gave me a crafting recipe, which I made and gave the item to them. But know she's saying "if I come here again - the answer will definitely be YES".

So first - does this mean tomorrow or whenever I have to invite her again, and then I'll get a prompt to ask her to move in?

Second - do you get access to a villager's items - either via being able to pick them up, or if the villager is present they have a higher likelihood of showing up in the store(s)? I ask because there's one villager I want to invite (Gruff the Goat) but only because he apparently has musical equipment in his house. But according to what I'm reading, he's kind of mediocre as a villager otherwise.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Another amiibo question: can more than one person use a particular card?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
I have confirmed elsewhere that amiibo cards are NOT single use items, nor are they region-locked, console locked, etc. That being said - anyone up for a trade?

I will mail the actual card to you if you want it. There's not really a shipping cost here, since a regular stamp will do it. We can figure out what works as far as - do you mail it back when done? Do you keep it?, etc.

Hey - there's a quarantine on and this seems like something to do to pass the time.

I have:

Diana
Kabuki
Gruff
Tiffany
Sterling
Jambette
Limberg (2)
Amelia
Benjamin

Seeking:

Tangy
Anhka
? make some suggestions

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So I read about an item dupe glitch I was wondering if anyone had tried. You need 2 players.

Apparently you place an item. Then one player just starts rotating it over and over. While that’s happening, the other player picks it up. If done right, both players wind up with the item in inventory.

Anyone tried it? Anyone want to? I’ll post a dodo code if someone wants to give it a shot.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Oxyclean posted:

Seems like that. I have 9 villagers and 9 plots, I talked to my camper multiple times and there wasn't any discussion about moving in.

I assume if I put down plot 10 I'll be able to invite them.

Not sure if this is different because in my case it was an amiibo camper (Diana), but when she talked about moving in, I hadn't put up a plot yet. So I told her she should move in and she said she'd go talk to Tom Nook or whoever. Then I came back and she said she had talked to him, but there wasn't space available. I went immediately to Tom Nook, and got a plot creator thingy, went somewhere on the island and set it up. Went back to the Campground and talked to her again and she was all "well let me just double check - maybe there was a mistake," then she was like "guess what! there IS a spot for me! I'll move in tomorrow!"

Things to note:

- She was my 6th villager - so I am nowhere near capacity.
- again - used an amiibo card. Not sure if that affects things.
- took inviting her 3 times before I got the talk about her moving in. On visits 1 & 2, I could ask her, but she'd say "I need to visit more"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Keaton the Eagle should be in boxes tomorrow to leave Melithras if anyone wants him. Yet “so boring I could be farmed out as a cure for insomnia” Boomer remains.

(don’t get mad at me, Your Computer)

Question: seen it on other ppl’s islands, but - how do you build and incline parallel to a cliff? I can’t seem to find where to stand and keep getting “I don’t see an even stretch of cliffs here where an incline could go”

Tips?