Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think the ability to summon villagers you want via amiibo was fine in New Leaf as the game was ancient by the time that update hit- but I don't want it in New Horizons. Kinda takes a lot of fun out your neighbors if you can just choose who's in and then never let them leave. Boo to that.

Still feels weird to say this but I hope there's a main street still or something you can build or fund. I know some shopkeeps are still around but I don't want a shoe store I can't move just plonked randomly around like the cafe in New Leaf.

Also I wonder if you can fall down the stairs if you trip that ones also really important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tom Nook is God

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Smash is 100% worth the money and I think there's some crazy hoops you have to leap through to say 5 brand new fighting game characters, stages, and 100+ new songs aren't worth 25 dollars.

Like Three Houses I have no comment on as I haven't bought it and BotW's burned a lot of people but lol at the smash comment being up there.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Biggest question is if the crossover characters are getting culled or if you can still get the Zelda crew and Splatoon Squirrels

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/Akfamilyhome/status/1226075766011547650

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question, but have we seen any footage of what a developed island might look like? Besides like 2 second glimpses I mean.

Was thinking of rewatching some trailers and all the ones I can think about are the first 5 minutes of the game type things. For a game that got a massive delay it feels like we legit know nothing about it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mentioned it before but man, looking back at the gamecube version and the villagers were just outright jackasses :v:

I wonder how people would react to stuff like this if New Horizons went back to it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Always my real name or my handle. I see people going by WeedLord570 that live in SmokePot town and I don't know how people do it.
I'd laugh at it for like a few hours then get bored and wish it had a actual real name.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

They are introducing Fruit 2 to the game

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I will sacrifice as many Bobs as possible to get Punchy, the actual best cat into the game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In wild world punchy told me that if the rain was chocolate milk instead of water he'd just lay on his back with his mouth open until he drowned

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/TheFantasticIan/status/1229900499043831810

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is there a twitch page or youtube set up already? Not sure where to actually watch the thing and I'm Very Dumb

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thank you!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Look, everything is cool and good and I'm excited... but man no new species shown off or new villagers glimpsed? I want a taste of the writing too :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm going to ruin my island trying to make it look good then cry about it for a good while.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Recruiting villagers is going to be weird and I don't know how I feel about it because most people are just going to welcome the cute ones while Hippos or the ugly freakzoids are going to get completely shunned. I always let out a groan when a villager I didn't like moved in but it was the only way I was ever going to see them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1230497835050618885

Are these two what the kids these days call Twinks? Because I'm not seeing my old beaver and chameleon pals anywhere. :colbert:

Joan, Nat, and Chipp died in the war 5 years ago. It's time to let them go.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

is rover dead

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/liliuhms/status/1230587201362092032

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wonder if the 383 villagers are just the returning ones and not counting the new ones.

I wouldn't mind them culling the hippos though. I don't think I've ever met anyone that actually likes them or the Rhinos. (Cake Rhino is cool)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

vanisher posted:

looks from the videos like the increased inventory slots might be part of the backpack/purses on some characters

There's a Nook Miles reward for 4,800 points called 'organizing your inventory' or something like that, the stuff in the special tab seems to be buffs so wouldn't be surprised if that's what that is.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/backryong/status/1231070611062976513

Fanart starting strong.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hihohe posted:

Did they say if you can customize your character at the beginning or is it still the questionnaire to see what kind of character you get?

There's a screenshot out there that shows it's a customization menu. Your character is standing on a yellow leaf background and you have skin tones and facial features, the mouth you want, 4-6 hair styles to pick from and there's a tab for noses and a tab for mouths

I'm not sure if Rover pulls you into a pocket dimension to find out what you look like or if Rover is in that grave yet.

E: Found it, someone circled the options for some reason but still

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 23, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My biggest worry is again the whole NPC thing.

I've had 7 years of New Leafs bland watered down villagers and like, they were fine at first but I tried to start a new town last week to kill time in and the very thought of talking to them wasn't appealing even though I got a few villagers I liked. They just aren't interesting and all they do is pathfind around the town staring at trees.

Yeah now they can sit down and bunny eats the ice cream, but I hope there's more chores they can ask for- more mini games like hide and seek and more stuff to make talking to them actually interesting. I can renovate a entire island and make it look good but I don't want things to slack on the villager front :smith: That and we've only seen the 4-5 new villagers floating around so part of me is worried the focus was put entirely on customizing the island.

I'm sure I'm overly fretting tough

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gamecube let you have 15 animal villagers so I just hope we go back to that- or at the very least 12-14

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I pre-ordered it the other day with a gift card when it was 29.99

Does it automatically adjust it's price or do I need to cancel and re-order it?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just re-read through The Animal Crossing LP and god it fits so well with New Horizons that I can't help but laugh.

"It's a loving island?" indeed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

enojy posted:

On the flipside, if you want a particular villager to move out, just ignore them. They'll eventually approach you (or send you a letter) stating they're thinking of moving. Just continue ignoring them or tell them to kick rocks.

New Leaf didn't work like this, what happens is that if you ignore a villager for too long they cue up their "I'm angry at being ignored" line and they kinda hang onto that until they get a chance to use it. They won't want to leave because they won't get the "!" over their head from seeing you because they aren't on good terms with you.

Instead all your favorites will want to move out (and I've had animals with picture frames want to leave before) and the unloved one will just kind of stomp around angry forever.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Internet Kraken posted:

Villagers definitely had some gender specific comments though.

Yeah was about to say this.

If you wear a dress or anything using the dress model the villagers will go "wait aren't you a boy? Oh well if people have a problem they can get over themselves, live your best life quacker"
I know this because I saw someone design a pirate coat using the dress model and I tried to wear it for a bit :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This really isn't much better originally considering he's Isabelle's brother

I mean they are dogs but still

It was from when HHD came out and Lottie ran the account.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RIP Rover, Harriet, and Digby. They were the real ones.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want to see the booth now!!!!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

To be honest I'm more happy that you can have a different eye color right away. I was always mildly annoyed when I had to spend weeks with brown eyes on my villager before I could change it to blue.

E: Top down Camera is usable in solo mode
https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1233108284841844736

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 28, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/ammnontet/status/1233131149980921857

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just hope the store still goes through its upgrades

Like I don't know why it wouldn't but I still like the big gaudy supermarket that New Leaf got by the end of it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/InxanityOCE/status/1233371971104079874

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

E: Mixed his lefts and rights up, other side in front of the building(?)

Tom Nook is a great man and I won't stand for this slander :colbert:

I don't know why, but part of me does feel kinda bad that most jokes are about how evil he is when he's a absurdly nice guy. He doesn't deserve this treatment. :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If your wondering where his money goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just imagining a top left corner of the map with a moat around it, sign that just says "Please let me have this". See how that works out.

That or get a second switch :v: