Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Any of you who aren't time traveling unlock bedhead yet? I logged out of my account on the 24th, so I'm on day 14. It's annoying that there isn't a lot of concrete information about how long this takes, just guides telling you to skip a month into the future

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the icon for my main character will change, since I am playing a bit on my other character. But it might not work that way, any tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

If anyone wants to boost their Bug-Off scores, feel free closed 4 now

Spellman fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 27, 2020

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I guess we mostly have to trade for the other color door frames... I got tons of purple ones *nevermind, you can customize

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like the shirt

Spellman
May 31, 2011

He's wearing eyeliner

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

Yeah for real. She can automatically unequip the Island Designer App so why not the wet suit? Why not A loving WAND OUTFIT?! It's so dumb.

And while I'm ranting at the Abel Sisters: FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY, MABEL, PLEASE INSTALL A CART FUNCTION INTO YOUR FITTING ROOM! You would make even MORE disgusting amounts of money off of me than you do already!

Right now, I take advantage of my maxed-out inventory at home, so she drops the clothing into my inventory directly instead of shipping what I was wearing home. This has allowed me to catalog their items quicker. For about two months, I've been cataloging anything I don't own and still, on a daily basis, I get 30 new items including color variants

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Tom Nook is an app now

Spellman
May 31, 2011

GeorgieMordor posted:

Is there some way to inject new life into the randomness of this game? For maybe the past two weeks almost everything has been dupes for me on what feels like a daily basis:

- Nook's Inventory
- Mable's Inventory
- Fossils Discovered
- Balloon / Bottle DIYs
- KK Records

It's seriously starting to feel like Groundhog Day, and we all know life feels enough like that already. Is this happening because I don't visit people enough? Don't have them visit me?

They're definitely encouraging trading. Color variations might be seasonal. Clothing is definitely seasonal

Myself, I feng shui'd my house to increase luck in items, found a spot where the balloon presents always float, and I get a good amount of new items that way

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Another thing you can do is get a few more Switch profiles to join your island, and on days when Gulliver appears, you can find his communicator parts on each of your characters, and get a bunch of new rares

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It sounded like nonsense at first, but the more I listened

https://i.imgur.com/GYPMv4n.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/St6qORz.mp4

Spellman
May 31, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/mt2jvLU.mp4

Never seen fountains do that

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

Just bought Animal Crossing. Does island layout make a big difference

One of my personal preferences was to have an orange airport. I resetted many times. I liked having the airport line up with Town Hall/Res Serv. Worth noting that the openings of the river can't be changed, and the secret beach (at the northmost part of your island) is where Redd parks

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Someone spiked Gulliver's sodie

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Welcome to eagle isle Island

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bonster posted:

Fireworks Kick-Off!

DODO Code: HBGW6

I was just in this town and I crashed as I was leaving. I left the Lily 😛 I hope no one lost their stuff, I got my amp back

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bonster posted:

Looks okay for the cataloging area. It didn't crash, but it did kick people back to the airport.

Nice, if only every crash could go that smoothly

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Fireworks prepared

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Dwop dead eajy

https://i.imgur.com/riWqYAU.mp4

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Celeste is wanderin, Saharah too

1YX9P

Spellman fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 5, 2020

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Beach is an option

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Celeste hours

*7J2CN

Spellman fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 11, 2020

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Farten Barfen posted:

It's not working for me :(

OOPS 7J2CN

Spellman fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 11, 2020

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Sorry, yes I meant the construction tile. And yes, apparently all the places will be surrounded by grass.

You can also build on the beach

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

EDIT: Do neighbors actually use the gifts you gift them? We sent Phoebe a hay bed but she's still using a sleeping bag on the floor. And we sent Hamlet our cot yesterday, so we're looking to see if he'll be using it today, considering he also has a sleeping bag on the floor. Just curious if they'll start wearing the clothes or using the stuff you give them.

They do and they will, check the size of the object you're gifting. They prefer to replace housewares, so if you want them to replace their 1.5x1.5 palm lamp, you need something equal

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It gives your town a bit of uniqueness to leave settler houses around, not every Sprinkles needs to live in an ice palace

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

i would argue that it does not give your town uniqueness to have the most common type of house on it

It's not a commonality amongst players who've been playing for 6 months. Generally speaking, everyone's swapping out villagers for ones they like, so if you've maintained a settler home since the beginning, that's kind of a unique thing. To not see Ankha sitting on a golden toilet in every single town

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The real OGs

Spellman
May 31, 2011

What the hell can I use all these boots for?

You can't. I'd save tires for future lunar rovers, however

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Then why give me boots?!

Well the main use for all trash is to make trash bags, but you get so many more boots than you do tires or cans. And with tires and cans, there's a few decent DIYs outside of the trashbags

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I didn't even know trash bags were a thing...

It's a decent craft too, customizable. Hoard garbage until the game spits out the trashbags diy

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Wtf you need tires to make the lunar rover DIY??? I sold all my trash after I made all the trash DIY’s... boo.

Happened to me recently, I was two tires short. Luckily I neglected fishing this season, kind of ingenious how crafting and nookmiles can activate you to complete your critterpedia

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Eiba posted:

I mean, having blue roses is fun, but getting them feels amazing.

Admittedly I got mine by accident when I replanted a reject pink rose from my breeding project next to a black rose descended from wild red roses with chaotic genetics.

I can't stand breeding but I like the information in the video tutorials—really enjoy how this one guy broke it down

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bring back minerals

https://i.imgur.com/uOljSmF.mp4

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The best part about photos is you can customize their frames

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Sure: C0YS5

Spellman fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 1, 2020

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I wish this game had the police station, I can never find the guest

Spellman
May 31, 2011

We're getting into endgame

https://i.imgur.com/R5UJWmM.mp4

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Wow, Farway runs the app

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I stand in a spot that allows Town Hall or my bridges to careen the gift over towards where I'm standing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ripped off Gulliver a few times, but it was worth it

https://i.imgur.com/Ys7ywnd.mp4