Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'd rather not have Animal Crossing get infected with DLC, 2 bucks for a set of furniture is pushing the boat out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

stev posted:

Wha-what are the villagers without toilets doing?

Where do animals usually go.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

io_burn posted:

How in the world did they think that Dodo Codes were going to be used??? This is what I truly do not understand.

Do you remember Friend Codes? Nintendo wanted people to share them with irl friends only, there was text written on them that was very specific in this.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Araxxor posted:

How is the online so consistently terrible in every single Nintendo game? Just lost all the new fish I caught in another player's session because 1 person had the misfortune of crashing. And the process of characters entering an island is so bafflingly awfully designed.

Nintendo generally assumes you'll be playing with people you personally know/live near you.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I feel people who buy Animal Crossing sight unseen without doing any research should be banned from complaining about it after the fact, it is exactly what it looks like, a real time simulator game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

peepsalot posted:

Also transferring poo poo between accounts is like "Now with 100% more inventory management bullshit busywork". Is there no better way to transfer crap around than:
-drop it on the ground *outside only*
-save and close out game
-pick up and put in own storage
-save/close/re-login to main char

No because this isn't a thing the game intends for you to do, its a hell entirely of your own making.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

peepsalot posted:

Yeah I guess I'm just playing like a big dumb dumb and I'll probably just sell off most of the clothes.

Is it so wrong to expect Cutesy Capitalism Simulator to have any feasible way to Collect All the Things though?

Considering its Nintendo, yes, I can't think of a single AC game that's ever let you collect all the items, there's been harsh inventory and storage limits since the series beginning.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Sometimes I think about what would happen if storage in your house was reduced back to the Gamecube days of needing to own a closet-type item and also you can only store three things in each.

And you couldn't store bugs or fish in them either. Those had to sit in your room.

In the very first version on the N64 a closet could only store ONE ITEM in it. Just one. Better make sure it's a good one.

New Leaf at least had the second floor of the museum where you could dump furniture in rooms, I kept my Nintendo set in there.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Made 600k selling wasps to Flick today, I think the wait was worth it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Jet Jaguar posted:

Anything new in the update or is it just bug fixes?

"Addressed issues to further ensure an enjoyable gaming experience." Pretty vague.

Nintendo still don't know how to do detailed patch notes, goddamn its not 2005 anymore.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Label's assessments are a hell of a lot easier to pass than Gracie's were, I remember having to look up a spreadsheet guide to see what clothes fit the criteria for the assessment, Label meanwhile seems satisfied with pretty much anything that looks right.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Nemo2342 posted:

So swimming is...kind of boring and slow. And I guess now I'll be doing it every day until Pascal gives me all his DIYs.

Well it was a feature from New Leaf, so I'm just glad its back in.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I was concerned you could only design 3 houses a day before the game told you to get lost and come back tomorrow but nope, there's no such limits which lead to me making 12 homes yesterday and 5 today, plus the school, cafe and restaurant.

I like making houses with no limits holding me back.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

SilentChaz posted:

Looks like co-op shops change their stock weekly as Redd still has the same two fakes and Leif has the same starts and seeds as yesterday.

I wondered why Kicks had the exact same stock today as yesterday, that sorta makes visiting Harvey's island kinda pointless in the long run, again.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I know I called my hospital Glue Factory but, should I be concerned that Lottie said she would recruit some patients afterwards?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Lottie is harvesting organs.

I'd wondered what the catch to getting a free fully decorated vacation home was.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've completed 30 homes and got the big DJ K.K reward at the beach, it was pretty fun I have to say.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Tampa Bae posted:

I'm not telling you how to live your life or play your game but this expansion came out less than 50 hours ago

Work hard, play hard.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

YggiDee posted:

I'm up to 12,000 poki per house because I can't stop loving decorating.

15k is the last tier of pay, I've been on it for a while and you really rake in the Poki, I think I'm at 50 houses done now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Relyssa posted:

Can you keep decorating new houses forever or does it eventually run out of ones to give you?

Well you'll eventually fill all the island slots then it's just endless renovations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Is there any ramping complexity to designing homes? At one point I had a request that came with a piece of furniture that started/had to go? outside.

It's not as complex as it looks, the villagers really don't care what you do to their homes, in or out, as long as you have the three items they requested somewhere, eventually you can just go "Nope" and override them completely and do whatever you want.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Nintendo pretty much said that HHP and 2.0 are the final major updates for New Horizons, all we'll get will be minor bugfixes but I imagine that most of the dev team has gone over to other projects.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Spellman posted:

I could see future cross-promotions yielding Nintendo items (Master Sword, Metroid) and those villagers

You mean the 35th anniversary of Zelda that's this year and AC got nothing at all related to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Lacrosse posted:

Do villagers interact with objects outside more? That was one of the things that bummed me out with lots of the furniture. I want my villagers to use the outdoor spa I put in. :(

As ever, they'll poke at it a few times and go back to the central plaza to do yoga.