Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How much did it say about Pocket Camp integration? If I played it for a while but deleted it months ago will that be enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

jackhunter64 posted:

Current list of RACCOON GOONS, if I've missed anyone then emptyquote the entire thing in anger

It's very definitely this one, although agreed it might look neater without the flag behind the text.

Sign me up, please! Let's break some kneecaps

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Am I gonna be able to change my island name? I know I'm gonna panic and pick something dumb in a rush to play and then think of something better in a week.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Zuzie posted:

It probably wouldn't be a good idea to load up your town so soon after release because I think they're going to add more new villager characters in future updates

Can't you evict people? Or hit them with your bug net enough times that they get mad and move out?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I got peaches first try, is that a good thing or bad thing? They look like butts and that's funny, but if everyone else has the same are they worth less? I dunno what color my airport is.

I feel like I've run out of stuff to do today. All the weeds are weeded in the section I can access. Opened my mail, bought some stuff. Can't craft anything because all the sticks are gone. Should I be rebuying poles and nets and catching stuff and selling it? Is there a way to store items that isn't my pockets or taking up physical space in my tiny tent?

It's my first real AC and I'm enjoying it but I wonder if there are some obvious mechanics I dont understand yet.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I didn't know about the shaking! Gonna shake those trees so hard and pile Nook with so many sticks

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What are the permanent decisions that can't be changed? When should I expect more hairstyles? The starting haircuts were a little lacking

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I got Dierdre the Deer and a big red Hippo dude whose name I forget that talks about biceps

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is it possible to get axes and shovels on Day 1 without time machine fuckery? They aren't available to buy or craft for me.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Casu Marzu posted:

Yep. Donate some bugs/fish to Nook and I think after 3 or 4 he gives you a recipe for an ax

Thank you. I'd been doing all my business with the small Nook and somehow forgot to try talking to the big fat one

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

If something costs, say, 5 wood to craft, will the crafted item be worth more to sell than the raw materials would have been?

I could run my own experiments but figured I'd ask here first

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

History Comes Inside! posted:

If she started at midnight like a sensible person then she's on day 2.

When do days click over? Not local midnight?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Twice now I've bought a Nook ticket only for the dodos to fly me to an island that I can't access half of without a ladder or a bridge. Rather annoying since those aren't exactly cheap.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

lowercase16 posted:

Derek from Fargo reporting a turnip price of 408!

good for the next hour and 50 minutes!

Dodo code 5CH4P

Thanks for this! I enjoyed your pancake hat and garage sale

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Do I get the chance to move houses, museums or shops? Now that I've spent some time on my island I kinda don't like where I put them.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What's the reasoning behind the phone interference? What is it about someone typing something that prevents anyone else from entering the island?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Opening up the borders to Quarantown for about an hour, feel free to drop by and raid my peach trees. Stalks are at 138 and Mabel is selling a bunch of fitness clothing. I still need cherries and oranges if you have any to spare!

70HKY
1MGH1

Edit. Game crashed immediately and I had to get a new Dodo code. Let's try this again!

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 27, 2020

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The villagers sometimes sing all on their own. I found Puck singing something I didn't recognize all by himself, as I stopped to watch Deirdre came up and joined him

Edit: if I buy a bunch of items from Mabel or Nook's Cranny, do they appear as sold out to island visitors or can they still buy it?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

PantsBandit posted:

Your villagers are insanely cute/chubby.

Whoa don't tell Biff that! Dude does pushups constantly and won't shut up about it!

I'm closing the gates, thanks for the fruit everyone!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Opening up for a bit while I run my morning chores:

J3GTY Closed!

Mabel is selling a ratty witch hat & tweed vest, stalks are around 135.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 28, 2020

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Are there any known DIY recipes that use the gold nuggets? They're a great source of income but I feel like I'm gonna need them eventually

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

It's a little disconcerting to run into one of your villagers on someone else's island and they pretend like they've never met you before. I see you, Lily!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Kruller posted:

Got about 90 minutes left if anyone wants to stop by and get a kimono and a white fedora. Code is N3VSH

Haha this is wild, I've been here for five minutes and have barely left the airport because so many people keep joining and retriggering the loading screen

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

GI_Clutch posted:

Got money rock island and an island full of cherry trees tonight (peaches are my native). Not too shabby. If you do get a non-native fruit island, don't forget to eat some coconuts (and maybe a few of the non-native fruit), so you can dig up a bunch of the trees and take them home.

Got this too, followed by a island filled with black, orange & pink lilies. Still haven't been to the elusive spider island, though

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Do Daisy's turnip prices change or does she offer you one price per Sunday?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Dropped 250K on turnips at 93 bells, was on someone else's island and started to panic that I wouldn't have room in my pockets for them all but just barely made it. Thank god for the second upgrade!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can throw them anywhere, just do it in your house.

Do they go bad if they aren't in your house? Or is this to prevent visitors from stealing them?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They go bad if you don't sell them in a week, but yeah any visitors can pick em up if you leave them out in the open.

Ok that's what I thought. I've got them filling up a field near the store for now, I'll put up some barbed wire before I invite anyone over

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

When Tom Nook just says to go pull weeds and plant flowers, is there a specific amount I'm supposed to do for him to acknowledge it and say anything else? Or is that his generic "go play the game and come back tomorrow" message?

My island is weedless and I've planted a bunch of flowers and trees already.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is the going stringfish strategy to take a bunch of bait to a mystery island and post up at a raised lake? Does it need to be two tiers up or is just one okay? Certain islands better than others?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Stringfish are in raised rivers not lakes, one tier up is fine, no need to be on a mystery island either they spawn at yours.

I thought lakes and rivers had the same types of fish in them for some reason. If it's a lake that feeds into a waterfall which one does that count as?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Just got naked with another dude on someone else's beach so we could catalog each other's clothing. This community is so friendly!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm gonna be bummed if I dont catch a stringfish but digging clams & making bait & endless running around to scare away small shadows just sounds super tedious and unfun so I've made my peace with an incomplete museum. If I'm still playing in December I can try again.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Are turnip prices only going into the Discord now or will we still see some in this thread?

How long does CJ stick around for? Is he here for the day or does he peace out at noon or whatever

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Khanstant posted:

Crap. Keaton is sick. On one hand, I want him out of this town so I'm trying to not talk to him. On the other, I have a heart and it hurts to make someone suffer needlessly just because I don't like them.

If you talk to him or touch anything in his house then you become a carrier and will probably affect everyone else on the island. The Nooklings will be forced to close and Mabel's new business won't even get off the ground.

On the plus side though you can now make bells delivering fruit and fish to any mailbox

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How often does Flick arrive? I did the spider island trick and now I'm swimming in tarantulas, wondering if it's worth waiting or if he could be weeks away

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Included are some random rear end stuff not pictured like the animal mask. Also have the biker jacket and Kicks is in town selling a handful of backpacks and purses

Turnips are 116 so nothing special there. Gonna be planting trees and moving stuff around but feel free to stop by and shop if you want.

30CV4

Holy cow your town is incredible

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I went to a mystery island and met a psychotic looking pig covered in scars and he's my friend and I can't wait for the rest of my villagers to meet him

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is it possible to move or upgrade an existing bridge? Or is demolition my only option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Aw man I can't believe I missed turnip goon rush. Now everyone will be rich except me!