Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

RevKrule posted:

Shifted to turnip.exchange for the rest of the day. If you were on earlier and still have more turnips to sell, drop me a line and I'll hook you up.

Do you have a designated drop zone for tips (have 30 fish baits that I wrapped nicely plus cash) or should I hide them behind a building or something? I want to leave a nice tip but don’t want it to get sniped by some rear end in a top hat now that it’s up on turnip.exchange.

This is the first time I’ve done one of these queues so I want to make sure I’m being cool and polite :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

RevKrule posted:

i'm watching people go in and out so feel free to just find me between the museum and nook's (in the very dapper green hat) and i'll collect when you drop.

Awesome thanks! Everything went smoothly. Glad you got the tips - I think my head is just full of stories of randos stealing tips and otherwise being greedy dickholes.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Khanstant posted:

KYTFT
Open for Celeste. She's trapped by the base ramp of spiral mountain. Supposedly a meteor shower but I ain't seen any yet. Someone might be doing DIy... not sure, staying by Celeste to keep her here.

Oh no I got a comms error trying to visit :(. Was on my way to talk to Celeste and water all your flowers. Hope it wasn’t something on my end that messed things up...

Anyways I’ve just started exploring lovely goon islands and can’t wait to water everyone’s flowers.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

sba posted:

I figure there's people looking for this since it's part of the Robot Hero - Marshal is crafting GOLD ARMOR - Leif is here - going to open for a bit

164DB

Marshal's house is upper middle of the island.

There's a couple DIY's in the plaza as well.

Oh crap my game crashed right as I picked up and tried to learn a DIY recipe. No idea what that was about - hope I didn’t dick anyone over.

Edit: coming back, will try not learning the recipes (game’s crashed on me before when I was interacting with DIY recipes, come to think of it)

Queen Victorian fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 18, 2020

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Boonoo posted:

Looks like Marshal’s all wrapped up.

Noooooo! Well I just arrived (again) and will grab other recipes and water flowers I guess. (Always happy to water flowers)

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

sba posted:

drat, looks like that disconnect glitched him out of crafting :(

Really sorry about that :(

It was a black screen error that killed my whole game.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Hey I just got the recipe from
Marshal (will not try to learn it until I leave). He was walking around but still holding a hammer (and now he’s hammering away again). All is not lost.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Hey everyone, I have Pinky (peppy pink panda) in boxes today. Anyone interested in calling dibs on her? If not I’ll post a public (to goons) dodo code in the other thread.

Nervous about opening my island because I’ve never had any non-IRL friends over before and its kind of a mess right now (reconfiguring the main district and have random flowers and furniture parked everywhere) :ohdear:

On the other hand I have a pile of duplicate DIYs and fossils lying around in the middle of town that I would really like to get rid of and figured it would be better to try to give them away before selling them off.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

I’ve opened my island so I can get rid of stuff and hopefully find a home for Pinky so she doesn’t disappear into the void. Code is in the private server thread.

I hope you guys like my island :kiddo:

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

TheBizzness posted:

Celeste is here! Come get your recipe!

Obviously not a requirement but if you have a floor light besides red, green, or white that you can let me touch I’d be very grateful.

Code: DH5HQ

Coming over with an orange floor light.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

track day bro! posted:

Has anyone noticed items disapearing from inventory? I thought it was just me accidentally selling stuff, but then I googled it and I found a nintendo support thread on it.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...2/comment/37240

It seems to happen to clothing for me recently, but I lost a bunch of my shoes and some other glasses

Huh, could this be what happened to my cherry blossom bonsai? I had made two of them a while back, then more recently decided to decorate with them, At some point I pulled them out of storage, and some point after that, decided to place them. But by then I only had one. Took several laps around the island to see if I’d parked it somewhere or dropped it, checked storage a bunch, searched my house, didn’t find it. Chalked it up to having accidentally sold it and made another. Now I’m wondering...

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

track day bro! posted:

oh god I know what it is, it's the god drat wand. I didn't realise that items you use for a wand outfit disapear from the inventory if you aren't using them. I feel stupid now

Oh yeah, it took me a while to figure out that clothes in wand outfits disappeared into an entirely separate hammer space. My eight ball t-shirt went missing and I freaked out and ordered another one, only to have the first one reappear when I switched up my wand outfits.

But for the inventory items otherwise disappearing, I experienced it with a non-clothing item so I’m wondering.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Suppose I should post here too - my island’s turnip price is 443 until noon EDT (another half hour). Dodo code is in the PGS thread.

Also I’m pleased that my husband has been getting more into Animal Crossing. He’s discovered the zen of puttering away at planting flowers or decorating his house instead of worrying about being in a pandemic and reading the news.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

So I’ve been playing this game for five months and only just realized you could tile interior walls and floors with custom designs.

First order of business:

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Metaline posted:

Zucker is in boxes today!

https://twitter.com/ohenieledam/status/1305918178652954624?s=20

Also, I'm looking for 2 Gemini fragments and am happy to trade any/all these for them: 2 Virgo fragments, 2 Leo fragments, 2 Cancer fragments, 20 star fragments.

I’d be happy to trade. I’m mostly interested in trading for Leo fragments because I managed to not play for the few weeks during Leo (also missing the recipe now that I think about it).

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Metaline posted:

I'll PM you!

EDIT: Oh no PMs, okay. I think I have a Leo recipe, lemme look!

Oh crap I don’t? Totally thought I bought PMs for this account... and it’s not like I can in good conscience buy them now. Dammit.

I’ll bring 3 Gemini fragments (have 13 and want to free up a precious storage slot)

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Lame, guess I only bought the avatar and just assumed I had PMs because I had PMs on my old account.

Anyhow, lemme know how you want to trade and I’m the meantime I’ll donate to RAINN (not sure about turnaround time).

I can open my island via dodo code this evening if you want to stop by (also have a billion recipe cards to get rid of).

Edit: never mind saw the post in the dodo code thread - on my way

Queen Victorian fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 15, 2020

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Silver Falcon posted:

You're definitely a Plat user so you have PM capability. You may just have to enable them under your User Control Panel.

Ah yes, so I DID buy plat, but I never turned on PMs, and nowadays I’m mostly on the Awful app, and there’s not much in the way of settings access there. Fixed on my laptop.

Anyhow, back on topic: guys what could I have done to piss off the RNG gods enough that they gave me Label twice in five days?

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

Celeste is in Fiorina for an unexpectedly large meteor shower! She’s penned in front of my house by the gold rose garden!

Redd is also here with a real quaint painting, fake wistful painting, fake detailed painting, and fake informative statue.

Dodo: 2SHJH

Hey are the one-offs at the shop up for grabs?

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

I’d gotten out of turnips but found out by chance that my price is currently 522 so I’ve opened my island: Code over in the other thread

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Too bad Flick and CJ only engage with the island residents. I’ve been speeding the commission process up by logging into my husband’s neglected account to submit a second batch of bugs/fish. I have definitely been tempted to create a mule account for even speedier commissions and extra storage (seriously, I need several times more storage than the max).

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Hey everyone, opening Backhoe because I want you to take all the goddamn DIYs everywhere.

Buy whatever you want at Nooks, Impish horns and bear costumes for sale at Ables, and Saharah is wondering around and the hidden mystery wallpaper is the cafe windows (which I have been after for a very long time). Not sure if anyone is teaching anything interesting at the moment.

And last but not least, I have set up the Beach of Curses! On the beach to the right of the airport, please help yourself to any number of definitely cursed items! They are all gift-wrapped because it’s a surprise!

My island isn’t totally spooked up yet but I’m working on it, especially the Druid circle.

Dodo code in the other thread.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

I just stopped caring after I got the 100-catch streak trophy so I’ve gotten pretty sloppy.

And I am also certain they cut the spawn rate during the tourney. And I really noticed it this time because I forgot to stockpile bait ahead of time (but I don’t really care because I already got the gold trophy and all the swag).

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Hey guys, my island is open if you want another candy for the day (and tons of free poo poo). Dodo code in the other thread.

On an unrelated note, I found out that you can build a fourth tier but that you’re not allowed to climb it to put stuff on top so what is the loving point? Ugh I was so excited and then so mad.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Thanks to those of you who came by my island last night and watered roses - was greeted by my first blue rose today! :3:

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Hey guys, my island is open and I have Kicks and Celeste visiting (managed to trap Celeste in a convenient location this time).

Be sure to check out my haunted house - I’m very proud of most of it.

Dodo code in the other thread.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Wow the method in which you get villagers to mail you a return present due to full inventory works handily - got two photos this morning.

Also to note, I’ve been having good luck getting perfect snowboys with timing the rolling - after you go from kicking to pushing, start counting 17 seconds for the base and 12 for the head. All but one I’ve gotten perfect on the first try.

And on rolling snowboys, do the secondary players just get shafted on large snowflakes if player one gets to the snowballs first? I was hoping to use my alt (and my husband’s account) to farm additional large snowflakes but the game doesn’t provide more snowballs and the snowboys don’t give the other players large snowflakes (though I have gotten DIYs I can’t build). How does this work if you actually have two or more people playing that actually care and want to build frozen stuff?

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

I got the gold HHA trophy many months ago without really actively trying. I didn’t have much in the way of complete matching sets at that point but I’d generally color match by filling in missing pieces with crafted and customized wooden furniture and then have tchotchkes on every surface and wall stuff on every available square inch of wall. And also a patchwork of all the rugs that would fit. This was a result of being a hoarder and running out of storage space, not intentional design decisions. Then when I finally purged a bunch of poo poo, I redecorated to make my house a lot nicer and less claustrophobic and found that my score went way down.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Hey y’all, opened my island because Saharah is here with cloud flooring as her secret floor and Ables has renaissance dresses.

Dodo code in the PGS thread.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Opening up Fiorina for the night for a good ol’ bird hunt! Celeste is free roaming on the island, and we’re staying open all night!

Bulletin board messages appreciated (and cherished)!

Dodo: BYQWT

Omg where/how/when did you get that bulbous cherry blossom lamp? It was inside your house in front of the birdcage. I have never seen it before, but now I must own several.

I’m guessing it was a thing I missed out on because I took a break from Animal Crossing for a month or two (burned out trying to make perfect snowfolk each day and ugh).

Also love your island as always!

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

HopperUK posted:

If it's the lamp with the dark ironwork and rounded top it was a time-limited thing from Nook Shopping.

e: I've got a couple you can have if you want em, I'm phasing other lights out in favour of a million hyacinth lamps

Dammit... now I feel dumb for not checking in more often (but then again if I did I probably wouldn’t have gotten bedhead).

But yeah it’s the round ironwork lamp - if you are looking to redecorate I’ll happily take them off your hands. And throw in some goodies if you want.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Hey everyone, started playing again the other week after taking a few months off (and missing some rare beetles once again...). Island's open right now because there's a meteor shower, first one I've had in probably a year (that I've caught) so I'm excited.

Dodo Code in the other thread.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

readingatwork posted:

Sooo... should I be doing something with these mushrooms or do I just sell them?

Do not sell them! There are seasonal recipes to make amazing mushroom furniture. Also, you're limited to five a day for the month of November, so they're a precious commodity.

If you don't want to make mushroom furniture, at least sell your mushrooms to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

TheMadMilkman posted:

Does anyone have Pink Wrestling Shoes? It's apparently the last pair of shoes my daughter needs.

I have them. I've ordered a pair (had in catalog but not on hand) and can put up a dodo code tomorrow at some point (probably evening EDT).