Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I'm super excited for this! I put a ton of time into New Leaf and unless they majorly hosed this up somehow, I'll gladly do it all over again. I can't wait to start trading friend codes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Anyways, yeah, not gonna delete my town again.

I was considering starting my New Leaf town over just to dick around a bit as well and ultimately I'm glad I didn't. Erasing my perfect and beautiful town definitely would have bummed me out a bit with zero real benefit, and just checking in from time to time is good enough.

It'd sure be nice if we had the opinion to have separate towns under different system profiles or something... but maybe that'd be unhealthy because I'd end up running 10 different towns like a maniac.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I'm playing more Pocket Camp to tide me over a bit and now my greatest fear is that some of those systems are going to worm their way into this game. Nobody likes premium currencies but drat if they don't make a lot of money.

There's zero indication anything like that is happening but I'll mildly worry about it until I see otherwise.

PeePot posted:

Would a third island on my OG Switch serve any purpose???
Depending on how much of a hoarder you are, maybe using it as a warehouse dumping ground? I ran out of space in New Leaf across 4 characters worth of storage slots and stuff attached to letters in the post office. Had to use a spreadsheet to track it all and it wasn't exactly ideal.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I don't disagree with DLC completely but hopefully it's not lousy with it right outta the gate. Some down the line to keep things a bit fresh might be nice, like how they introduced that Welcome Amiibo stuff a couple after New Leaf was released. I didn't care for it but it was easy enough to ignore, and I mostly moved on from the game at that point anyway.

Pocket Camp got too gross for me to touch anymore so I moved on to City Folk to give me my AC fix for the next month. I was really bummed by it when it was released since it was basically just Wild World all over again but playing it on PC with a mouse is actually pretty nice. I've got a new appreciation for it.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I'll just continue to use an internet name because it'll make it easier to play online through discord with a matching name.

I need to start thinking of a better town name though. I've traditionally used Crackton but it doesn't exactly fit with the cute and charming feel of the game.

Gripweed posted:

Let Americans celebrate Setsubun, Nintendo!

I just want an easy and legit way to get those beans! They're the best item.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I cared more about not spoiling this direct for myself until I could get home and watch it myself than I have for more than any tv show or movie I can recently remember. Worth it, hell yeah looks rad as hell. My only concern is now that we we've seen the whole map, the size of the welcome center square in relation to the rest of the map makes the island look a little small? I hope I'm just interpreting that wrong, or its just bigger than I realize.

Now I just have to stock up on a couple specific amiibo cards, but the ones I want look pretty expensive on ebay. Maybe there's a sweet amiibo card bootleg service out there?

edit: added myself to the friend code DB, poo poo's gettin real now

Chronicler of Dongs fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 21, 2020

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I'm ordering a bunch of NFC stickers just so I can have Coco back. Love that weird hollow skulled clay golem.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Hi, so i'm confused about this amiibo stuff and what will work and what won't. Here's my question- will Julian work if I get him from here - https://www.etsy.com/listing/591841..._search_click=1 ?

I need Julian.

Seems like it should. I'm assuming those just gave a bootleg NFC amiibo coded tag in there, though it's a bit of a pricy option.
If you have a NFC capable Android phone you should be able to get some Ntag215 stickers and make your own. I'm going to give it a shot, anyway.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

One thing that's got me more excited lately is thinking how each island can have 8 local residents, which means 8 houses to decorate. New Leaf had four (I think?) and sometimes I had more ideas than houses. I'm looking forward to remaking my extremely lovely hostel or game show house and whatever other dumb themes I can think of.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

PeePot posted:

I saw another picture with a bunch of shaped bags, like stars, but I can't find it. Kind of like the fish one here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/acworldblog/status/1170005756957077505

Seeing that cute fish pouch really just makes me want to dress up as Yakuza's Ono Michio

then all I'll need is the
  • Charming hassaku face
  • Steamy ramen hat
  • Cool boots, vital for any fisherman
  • And the bold and trendy ONO shirt

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

a pompadour better be available as a choice and not just through wearing the regent wig again

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

just going to assume Tom Nook is basically Kazuma Kiryu with the orphanage stuff and will not be loving with him any further. No man, nobody's taking your orphanage land, I swear. Please oh god no

I'm torn on following these twitter updates of the game because it's hyping me up beyond belief but I also want to discover all this cool poo poo on my own. Feels weird to not want to see spoilers for animal crossing of all things

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want to be a Racoon Goon

just tell me whos flowers I gotta trample as an initiation

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I'm suddenly worried about the prospect of not having peaches as my native fruit. I need those juicy butts.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Bioshuffle posted:

I've never played any games in the series before, but I am ready to be invested. What do I need to know before getting started?

It's a chill, slow rear end burn. Catch some bugs, collect some furniture, trade and hang out with some cool folks and have a good ol time.

:mmmhmm:

Chronicler of Dongs fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 6, 2020

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

While we're all anxiously waiting with nothing better to do, this is probably a good time to check out the friends list in the OP and either add yourself to it or catch up on a bunch of invites. I just blasted out a bunch.

Squats posted:

And maybe harass some kangaroos. :getout:

oh hell yeah :neckbeard: playing with you was one of the best parts of New Leaf, can't wait to do it again

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm ashamed to admit to not really knowing how friend stuff works in this, my New Leaf experience amounted to occasionally remember to turn on Streetpass or whatever in the hopes of something random showing up.

In New Leaf to have any multiplayer, someone had to open their town gates which just opened their town to incoming visitors. If you wanted to visit anywhere else, you'd check at the gate to see if any other towns were open, and if one was you headed over and hung out or shop or beat the poo poo out of their unpopular villagers with nets or hammers or beans. You could only really interact with people you manually registered in your DS friends list and I'm assuming its the same this time around? In that game more friends meant more opportunities for towns to hang out in, or people to come over.

Not sure how it'll work here, maybe you'll have to open your airport to allow incoming flights too?

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Dazerbeams posted:

Yeah how many of us are going to be resetting a bunch just to get the right fruit?

I didn't think I would, but maybe depending on how long it takes you to find out what you have...? I'm gonna be real honked off if I'm an apple island.

🍑 PEACH 🍑 CREW 🍑

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

GoodBee posted:

🍎🍒>>>🍊🍐>🍑

I'll happily be Appleton.

hey now :colbert:

ok well I suppose if we both get a worst case scenario I'm sure we could broker some sort of free trade agreement between our towns

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Volcano posted:

Is everyone gonna try to get their favourite villagers with resetting and Amiibo cards and all that, or just take what you get? I'm hoping to make some new friends, but I also really want Bob - it won't be the same without him.

The only one I definitely want to get is Coco. She was definitely my favourite neighbor in NL and not having her around would be weird, but seeing which random ones drop in is always fun.

It'll be interesting to see what villagers are represented most on various islands as you hop around.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Pocket Grandpa checking in

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Potsticker posted:

My NFC stickers just came in. I don't know if I really want to force any animals to be my neighbor (maybe Bob) but at least the option will be there if there are any I end up with that just don't jell with me. Plus there's gotta be something else I can do with these.

I got a bunch of stickers too and after making one for the single villager I really want, I'm not sure what to do with them either. I'll probably at least make one for every actual AC amiibo they made just for whatever bonuses or fun stuff that comes with those.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Squats posted:

I'm going to plaster my drat bulletin board with so many hyper realistic dick renders you have no idea. :awesome: (I will not do this to any other islands I visit unless the host specifically encourages it.)
Please feel free to grace my island with as many hyper detailed hongus drawings as you like

Funky Valentine posted:

Has anyone made the Tomato Convenience Store theme from Shenmue into a town tune.
I never realized I wanted this until this very moment

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I don't have a musical bone in my body but here's the Sanford and Son theme maybe?
http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=G-G-E-D-s-z-G-G-E-D-A-B-G-s-z-z&title=Sanford%20and%20Son

And Careless Whisper I found on some town tune site a while back: http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=E-s-D-A-s-f-s-E-s-D-A-s-s-z-z-z&title=Careless%20Whisper

Also we got the first known case of the virus in my city today :getin:

Chronicler of Dongs fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 12, 2020

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

animal crossing new horizons is a game that is needed right now at this moment in history more than any other game has ever needed to exist

Yeah for real, I've looked forward to other games before but I can't think of one that will measurably improve my general well being. I need to fuckin relax and this is the perfect game at the perfect time.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

a short hike is a god damned delight and chill as hell. play it.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

That review was the most vice rear end thing I've ever read

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

aw man without gyroids how am I gonna get weird hoots and yells for the dental torture themed basement

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

did this trash heap of a list just imply that Gaston, Stinky and Nan are poo poo tier? gently caress this :regd09:

I remember someone back in the New Leaf days was being a weird creep about getting Marshall in their town, that's all I can think about when I see him. Weird creepy lust.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

All neighbors are S++ rank, except for Rodney who is in dead fuckin last.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Cute twitter thread combining the two things I'm desperately longing for: AC and hockey

https://twitter.com/kat326/status/1237050799332737024

Just waiting until Mick E. Moose is posted :3:

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Zore posted:

Also if anyone wants to take a look at the starting pool of potential villagers so you don't keep resetting for ones who are ineligible this page has the full list

https://animalcrossingworld.com/202...ting-villagers/

Note the Jock pool is literally twice as big as the Uchi pool so it'll be much easier to get a specific Uchi villager than a Jock

Restarting my game eight thousand times until I get the combination of Kid Cat, Mira and peaches.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

holy moly :swoon:

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

FireWorksWell posted:

Important decision: northern or southern hemisphere?

100% northern. If I have to go from snowy real life winter immediately to virtual fall and winter again, I will shoot myself.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

ecavalli posted:

From reading a number of posts in this rapidly-moving thread, I’ve gathered that peaches are the desirable starting fruit. That’s great, because I happened to get them on my first try. What I don’t understand though, is why they’re more desirable than any other starting fruit?

I've had them in every AC game I've played, so I have to keep the tradition going. Plus: asses.

Only 5 more hours until I can go home and play this for myself! I can't wait, it's killing me.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Goddamn this game is charming as all hell I can't stand it holy shiiiiiiiit

I got Renée, Teddy and peaches. Not too shabby.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I don't have a problem with tool durability in general but I wish they'd change the icon a bit to indicate the life left on it. Is this shovel still good? Better make a new one before I go to the island, and toss it on my half used shovel pile when I get back.

Actually the only tool I have a problem with having durability is the watering can. What the hell, are you making these things out of sugar or what

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

they will never discover my secrets

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Your Computer posted:

Your first campsite visitor has to be invited to your island for the story to progress, I'm sorry :rip:

ah poo poo, piiiiiiiiiiiiss. Guess I need to actually need to invite Keaton instead of force quitting the game like a coward when given the non-option in the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Hey is there an orange hat item in the game? I just got a striped shirt and I want to dress up as Ono Michio. I have the bold and trendy ono shirt and stylish boots, vital for any fisherman. All I need is the charming hassaku face and cute fish pouch.

Hipster Rooster posted:

Question: if I build a new house for 10000 bells from Nook, will a new villager move in automatically, or will they first show up in the camp site so I can choose who can move in? Will anybody show up on the camping spot until I build a vacant house?

I built my first $10k house last night and this morning I found that Angus is moving in. I've never seen him on an island and I never asked him to move in.