Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Is there a way to make an incline to the secret beach? I'd prefer not to have to use a ladder all the time. I guess I just have to do a lot of unplanned landscaping since a river blocks a good section to get there.

So happy I decided to dig out a one cliff path to that beach and hide it with trees so it's a "secret passage" (that you can see if you're on the second level, but whatever).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

You'll be fine. I'm going to lock the queue in a little bit but when I do I'll make sure everyone currently waiting will get in.

Wooo! Got into queue. Only 24 people ahead of me. :)

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

The queue is now locked. I'm staying open for the last 25 people in line. Please make sure you're leaving the queue when you exit the island.

Thanks to all of you guys who left tips and gifts!

Thank you again!

If my inventory weren't filled with a single trip, I'd bring all my extra DIYs, which I'm sure are more valuable to you at this point than money, lol.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

I set the maximum people at 4, probably should have done less. There's still a lot of people trying to enter and exit at the same time. This is my first time using turnip exchange but next time I have a high price I'll make it 2 or 3. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Do you have/want the sauna heater DIY? Bamboo Shoot Lamp? log couch?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

I'll take anything you don't want. I was thinking sometime maybe next week when I don't have people rushing in to sell turnips, I'll open up for people who want to exchange DIY stuff or furniture to catalog.

I'll bring the most unique of the bunch. I distribute DIYs and have been building up to a big cataloging event for my island, as well! Had to pause briefly so I could grow at least one Lily of the Valley before dropping back to 4 stars and a lot of "litter."

Prowler
May 24, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Ah, I found a way to do it without disrupting my high river. Yeah I was thinking about that kind of thing but in the end decided to make it easy to reach from my northmost level 3 house. Speaking of which I'm having to move the house back to my original placement so tomorrow I can move it AGAIN since it was one space too far left to line up with the incline leading up to it :doh:

Uh, I had the opportunity to put my house down after placing a ramp, and I COULD NOT get the door to line up with the ramp. I'm not sure if it was an issue with the ramp placement or if it's just how it works--at the very least, be forewarned...

I wonder if changing my exterior will make it line up?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Aside from what is known about which personality types give specific DIYs, is anything known about how frequently your villagers give them out and what triggers it?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Dad Hominem posted:

Celeste is here and Antonio is making trophy cases, feel free to drop by! 2L4GR

Hahaha, so people pop in, don't say a word, then leave, eh? Thanks for opening your gates! I got a few wishes in and a dupe DIY for my island giveaway section! Thanks again!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Chris Pistols posted:

Same code, Rocket (South-East) is making an Apple Hat!!!

If it's clear and yella, you got juice there, fella!
If it's tangy and brown, you're in cider town!

Edit: As this Simpsons clip has re-entered my consciousness, I must ask: why does Ned need a rhyme when cider is alcoholic and juice isn't? Wouldn't have thought he'd struggle with that.

Hard cider is alcoholic, regular cider is not.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I'm proud I helped foster a cider derail.

More controversy:

Leaving by minus is fine. It doesn't reset anything. Leaving by minus when someone's window is open and it counts down to 0 is not fine--that's when it resets to the previous save for folks still on the island.

I always stop the timer before it reaches 0.

People here just have rude island guests! I always leave by minus and so do many is my friends and we never have issues!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

EatTheRich is open for visitors! :toot: Southern hemi, raining at the moment. K.K. Slider is here! Lots of free stuff in the barbed wire fence area! Plenty of fruit all over! If you visit please do not shake my money trees! I'm cultivating a bunch of them for decoration.

Dodo code: MWYWH

Don't come to my island.

God, I kinda want to visit now.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

New Leaf posted:

Any goons have a drum kit and synthesizers/keyboards either for sale on their island or available that I can catalog for a tip? I'm trying to set up a little music venue on the island.

Hi.

I have both that you can catalog without a tip. Just bring any extra diys for my giveaway section.

DODO Code: 23677 - Nisolation

What is your in-game name?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Does anyone happen to have variations of the colorful wheel that I can catalog? I just recently received the red and black one, and now I must have more.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

TwoSheds posted:

I’ve got a blue and white one. I’ll check the thread periodically so HMU if you’re interested.

Hey there, just seeing this! I'm definitely interested. Do you need to catalog anything? I have all the colors of floor lights, most instruments.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

TwoSheds posted:

Some instruments sound good, and I’d like to touch your wheel variant as well. My switch is docked for the night, though. The battery is low. I’ll shoot you a pm tomorrow?

I don't have plat, but I'll keep an eye on the thread. Thanks!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I am opening Nisolation to the general goon public! I have a free DIY section in the front near the stores, and a free item giveaway near Redd (who has nothing but fakes and a bad furniture selection).

I ask that you bring and dupe/spare DIYs. If you have a Colorful Wheel, pinball machine, or arcade that I can catalog, please bring it!

DODO: ------ Closed!

Edit: Please no custom designs.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 26, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

TwoSheds posted:

Thanks! How did you make that welcome sign near the airport?

Custom graffiti. GIMP, a font from DAFont, and a 64x32 image (two stamps). To be fair, I made the sun, lol.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I have closed my doors for now! Thank you, Charlie, for the wheel catalog and the extra stuff.

fizzy-o posted:

What a lovely town! I'm not usually a fan of the suburban feel but I really enjoyed your layout, it's got such a bright and breezy feeling.

I hope some of my DIYs were useful!

If not for me, they will be for someone! Thanks for coming by!

Before the library, cliffside arcade, and outdoor park, I had two giant forests, a bamboo forest, and hidden away areas. Isabelle kept telling me I had too many trees and too few decorations... ..eventually, this happened, ha.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL posted:

I’m gonna open my island for a while today.

Nooks and Ables are still open and have some neat things if you wanna poke around.

BB0Q4

Whoops! Guess I took too long.

Edit Whoops again! I'll try again.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Oh no comm. error!!! New code up so please come back everyone!

Thanks for the add! I'm not sure if it's me, but the friend code I entered from the spreadsheet didn't seem to work!

I just sent you an arcade. Do you want anything for those two machines? I would greatly appreciate it!

I can also send:
-Colorful wheel (black and red or the blue/white numbered one)
-Another arcade machine
-different floor light colors
-The, like, 120k it probably requires to send those.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 27, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Oooooh thanks for sending the bells and arcade machine!! I would love to have both wheels and the lights actually but I can come catalogue them another time if it’s a lot of money to send them!

It would work out better to catalog the floor lights--there are red, orange, pink, blue, light blue, green, white, and purple colors. It'd just be faster to catalog. I also have another pinball machine.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

The gold equipment isn't all that worthwhile, unfortunately. The gold watering can is worth it since it makes watering flowers more efficient (and it won't break after one field), adding more functionality in the upgrade.

But the gold axe and gold slingshot add nothing other than durability. And now that Nook's Cranny is updated, I can just buy level 2 equipment at will.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

GoodBee posted:

4MJV4

Gemstone is open, I'm afk.
Kicks is here
Turnips are crap
Able Sister have a mummy outfit and samurai shirt.

I left some freebies by the square.
Are lilies and mums things people have? I need those.

Thanks for helping me complete a couple of Samurai outfits! I donated 20k to the bridge fund (selling some extra stuff in my inventory).

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Whoever has the git gud armor, please leave my island and never return.

Wow, I have never gotten the "island is full" error before!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

People really like Celeste apparently!

The Lunar Lander, Rover, and Moon are amazing, to be fair.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

causticBeet posted:

I've got Celeste wandering around, last seen on the southeast beach. Shops are closed, but let me know if you see anything you would like to catalog. I have CJ so I’ll just be wandering around clamming and fishing, open for 30-60 mins or so.

Edit - never mind on the catalog, I didn’t know when I had visitors I couldn’t pick the item up to drop it

Dodo code: MKYF9

Woof, looks like it couldn't handle that last person.

Sent you that soccer/football.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

track day bro! posted:

I just noticed today that the trees have some sort of marking but I can barely tell the difference between the hardwood ones and the fruit ones haha.

It's easier to notice during cherry blossom season and fall, maybe winter. The leaves become different colors altogether.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Is there any reliable/confirmed/datamined information concerning the "having your visitors water your flowers" thing? It all sounds like the standard confirmation bias bullshit, like the methods to get your neighbors to leave.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Celeste making an appearance isn't always a guarantee that there will be a full-on shower, but it usually means there may be a few meteors here and there. In those cases, it can be an extremely long time between meteors (which usually appear when I give up and start fishing or something).

If there's going to be a genuine meteor shower, then apparently your other residents will be talking about it all day too. I've never had a meteor shower in over a month of playing, and I only just participated in my first one on someone else's island last night, and the difference was really marked -- loads more meteors than I'd ever seen before.

To add to this, your neighbors will rather strongly hint at a meteor shower, stepping outside their normal, random observations. "Wow, it's really clear today. Tonight will be great to look at some stars!" and the like.

emdash posted:

you can easily make like 200 wishes in a meteor shower night. You'll get about 10% of that in fragments. And yeah your villagers will talk all day about how clear the skies are going to be that night, and how there "might" be a meteor shower

10% of that if you make exactly 200 wishes and don't live on the island: :haw:

1 wish = 1 drop.

You cap at 20 star fragments (of whatever type) if you travel to someone else's island and wish. You cap at 40 on your own island. The pieces appear on your own beach the next day.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 29, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

emdash posted:

i'm not sure what you mean by 1 wish = 1 drop. i made 160 wishes in one night on my own island and got ~16 beach items the next day :shrug:

They don't all appear on the beach at the same time. They appear throughout the day like shells do. Go around, pick them all up, go inside your house or a store, then go back to the beach to see more spawn. You can keep doing this until you get up to 20 or 40, as the case may be.

You'll wind up with like 17 star fragments, then any combination of large fragments and the appropriate Zodiac fragments.

Edit: To be clear, this isn't a guess, I've confirmed this several times over the past month both personally and through reports from friends.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 29, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

causticBeet posted:

When is my window for replacing a villager who’s leaving by finding a nook island person? Is it while they’re in boxes or when the plot is empty?

Folks won't start appearing on islands until you have a vacant lot.

Goes like this:

Day 1: I'm leaving - normal day
Day 2: Boxes/Packing - can be recruited by others. Once recruited, their door shuts, but you cannot recruit anyone yet.
Day 3: Vacant lot - can find folks on mystery islands, recruit others.
Day 4-6: Whoops, it's gone to some random animal because you took too long!

Prowler fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 29, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Seymour Buttz posted:

Indeed I did, I was afk so thanks for the heads up.

Reopened with code: CQK2X

I’m assuming the error killed June’s crafting but Celeste should still be here.

Thanks! I watered flowers completely at random, especially the ones I didn't see sparkle.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Kuros posted:

Whoever dropped the Gold Armor DIY is amazing!

Lol, I dropped 10k that I had on me for wasting your time--I conflated your original post somehow with someone else's and was just visiting to visit.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I still need 2 white pansies, can anyone spare any?

Aw dang it I missed this before.

Yep. Give me a few moments and I'll post a DODO code.

Code: B66N3

My native flower is pansy.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Hahaha, I cannot even get to that point. It just says it's full and dumps me out of the conversation.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

ComicsandSlushies posted:

It's raining on my island is anyone wants to attempt to catch a Coelacanth

Flick is also here, he's on the cliffs north of my house and next to my house is a pile of fossils and some other stuff I don't want.

the Dodo code is 02BGM

Just FYI, visitors cannot deal with Flick or CJ.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Nondevor posted:

Gonna open my island to visitors while I do some work: DCL7D

Was cleaning up storage, so I have some fossils and DIY cards to give away. Also got stuff for people to catalog on the beach to the right of the airport - my musical instrument collection, all eight colors of floor lights, and some other things that I think are pretty neat.

If anyone's willing to let me catalog them, I'm currently looking for different colors of studio wall spotlights (currently only have white and orange). Feel free to stop by, look around, water flowers, whatever. :shobon:

Hope you don't mind--I'm going to dump a few of my extra DIYs off at your DIY give away section.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Nondevor posted:

Gonna open my island to visitors while I do some work: DCL7D

Was cleaning up storage, so I have some fossils and DIY cards to give away. Also got stuff for people to catalog on the beach to the right of the airport - my musical instrument collection, all eight colors of floor lights, and some other things that I think are pretty neat.

If anyone's willing to let me catalog them, I'm currently looking for different colors of studio wall spotlights (currently only have white and orange). Feel free to stop by, look around, water flowers, whatever. :shobon:

I don't have those, unfortunately, but I DO have the standing studio spotlights in all colors if you want to connect and catalog them later.

Also, this was very helpful, thank you! I went and watered all the rarer hybrids I found. (IGN: Justin)

Edit: Oooh and you have one of the missing colorful wheels! I'm missing the one with fruits and the one with I guess a skull on it?

Prowler fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 5, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Zamujasa posted:

The ghost only shows up at nights. I ran into him at like 3:30 AM yesterday (today) but he starts being able to show up around 8 or 9 I think? I forget.

It'd be nice if Isabelle would mention who (if anyone) was visiting for the day. Redd at least gets an icon on the map.

Wisp showed up for me yesterday after 8. Star showers begin at 7.

I agree, it would be nice, since Isabelle never has anything to announce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Nondevor posted:

Forgot to respond to this, but we can definitely exchange stuff later after I eventually close my island - I have all the wheels catalogued and would love the standing lights too.

You don’t have PMs though so I dunno, post a Dodo code in the thread sometime later today and I’ll bring the skull + fruit wheels over.

Thanks for the add. I requested best friend status so I could message you in-game. I don't mind removing it after we've coordinated.

I'm opening up my island as I work through my flower situation.

Edit: Gates to Nisolation open if you're online.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 6, 2020