Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Silver Falcon posted:

Gonna be sharing an island with my husband and it's gonna be great! :dance: He has his own Switch, but we're sharing because he likes designing things but gets burned out on the daily stuff. I like doing the daily stuff and making slow progress, but I'm rubbish at designing things.

Therefore, together we will make the best island the world has ever seen! Just stuck on what to name it. Help.

You and I are in the same boat, I like doing the daily stuff and collecting things, but am not that creative and so designing my town and house is a chore to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is confusing because it shows up to 4 players, but the trailers clearly confirm way more than that. Or does that just mean on one system?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would accept DLC packs of new items to collect and buy with bells. As long as they are spread out and pretty reasonably priced. No mobile levels of pricing, those things border on absolute scam. Nintendo won't get a single cent from me if there are lootboxes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thankfully Nintendo's attempts in the mobile space has largely been unsuccessful from a financial perspective, as far as I know. Some of their games are even banned in one or two countries. So the hope is that Nintendo won't try to replicate that, but the concern is still there and totally valid until we see otherwise.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tom Nook for president to be honest.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Argue posted:

When they say that Animal Crossing does not support transferring saves between systems, does that just mean that it doesn't support transferring AC data as a standalone operation (which I didn't even think was possible for any game), or does it mean that even if I did a full system transfer to a new Switch, the AC data wouldn't go along with it?

This sort of thing is so confusing to me. I don't understand why Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo feel the need to lock down their saves. This serves no purpose and is extremely unfriendly and hostile to its users.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

In optimism land, if they talked about buying DLC in-game later instead they'd have to get the game re-rated and jump through hoops for existing copies to reflect the fact the original ESRB boxout would be incorrect, so now is probably exactly the right time to make sure it's mentioned.

Edit: Pokemon has exactly the same listing in its rating, presumably because you can buy the expansion directly from inside the game and they always intended you to. There are no other purchases or mtx mechanics in Pokemon to warrant needing that tag.

Storm in a teacup until they say something to the contrary.

Animal Crossing is 1000% rip for a horrible micro-transaction cash shop though. The fact that it's about collecting things is why. Very concerned about this ESRB warning right now. My hope is that it's just item packs and they are reasonably priced, but that pretty much everything will be available in game with bells.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this would be extraordinarily pointless in an animal crossing game imo

Hasn't stopped a lot of games from doing this very thing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DLC item packs = totally cool with this.
Cash shop with $99 currency packs and lootboxes, which more and more AAA games are adding = not buying.

Nothing wrong with in-game purchases as an idea, it's how they are handled is the problem. Really need Nintendo to clarify all of this before release.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Hey have you ever wanted to play Animal Crossing but on PC? Well uhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS8OlpSNM1k

I guess it's a thing now? This is pretty shameless (but not gonna lie some of these features look neat).

I was just wondering the other day why there isn't an Animal Crossing clone on any other platform, and here we are. Going to wishlist this, but since it's being developed by literally one person, I am going to wait until it's fully finished before buying.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saxophone posted:

Goons. Tragedy has struck. My brain has been amped about the impending release! Only like 3 weeks! Yeah!

..... My brain dropped the zero and I've had a March 2nd release date in my head for a while now.

I'm just gonna go be sad over in this corner now.

March 3rd is the release of GranBlue Fantasy Versus, I am going to be picking up that game and that'll hold me over until Animal Crossing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Stores and stuff being 24 hours is the real game changer here, god bless you Tom Nook

Need to unionize this island. Tom Nook using child labor to exploit capitalism like this is not okay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I thought Nintendo said there wouldn't be any cross promotional stuff with Pocket Camp. I really don't want to download a bad phone game, so will skip out on those items and hope I can get them some other way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

People are pointing out that the rescue feature shown in the Direct, used Resetti's theme music and audio.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Getting hyped.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really wish Nintendo would clarify the save data situation and explain what sort of technical limitation is getting in the way of preventing cloud saves for New Horizons.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

I swore I wouldn't buy another Animal Crossing game after the 3DS one but I already know I'm gonna break down and get this one too. Why you gotta keep making such adorable games, Nintendo :arghfist:

New Horizons looks to be superior to New Leaf in every way and fixes many of the complaints I had about that game. I loved my 8 years in New Leaf, but its time to move on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:yeah:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

Do I have to replace my Goose tag? If so I would like the new one, otherwise both tags. :getin:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not a Children posted:

If you told me I'd be as excited for this game at 30 as I was at 12 back in September of 2002, I'd have called you crazy

But I am

It's such an easy wide appeal game. I think if anything, its a better game for older adults. I don't have the attention span I use to, Animal Crossings 30 minutes to 1 hour a day gameplay is perfect because of this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wonder if i was too late to get a gang tag, although I can always buy it myself if I dont get one. :yoshi:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Clocks posted:

Proud to be a Raccoon Goon, thanks everyone. :woop:

(Now I just gotta procure the switch... hah...)

Getting a Nintendo Switch is easy, so long as you don't want that Animal Crossing one, that one is impossible to get at this point.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

another day down another day close to Animal Crossing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Canned Panda posted:

I made the mistake of buying this digital. The icon is just sitting there, mocking me.

Playing Pocket Camp isn't helping.

Yeah but that is the fastest way to get access to the game! 9pm pacific time on Thursday (march 19) is unlock time!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

missed out on preordering the animal crossing edition switch but that's ok i just waltzed into wal-mart this morning and picked one up instead :getin:

I've seen a few people today be able to walk into a Gamestop or Wal-Mart and pick one up. I'm jealous! But I have my trusty launch day Switch so I am still happy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Macintosh HD posted:

Come on Nintendo click the button for the eShop just click it

Its maddening because the 1.1.0 patch releases tonight, but we still will not be able to play it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ItBreathes posted:

Animal Crossing is less a game and more an interior (and now exterior) design simulator. There are minimal goals, no story, no writing. It's just a chill thing to chill and do, the byob of gaming.

E:vvvvv that too. Unless you want to gently caress around with clock settings it's game that moves at it's own pace.

I wouldn't say there is no writing. The animals have a lot of personality.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am seeing conflicting reports about this, can you time travel in New Horizons like you can in previous Animal Crossings?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Teddybear posted:

So have we figured out a good way to get the iron nuggets for the shop yet?

Use your Nook Miles (2000) to go to the randomly generated deserted islands. Otherwise it'll take awhile of smacking the few rocks on your own island.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If I am going for efficiency on my island, is there a reason to have some trees that don't grow fruit over those that do? In New Leaf the answer was no, but now that trees give craftable materials, I am wondering if it's different this time?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lux Animus posted:

I am reading on Twitter that there was a duping glitch

https://twitter.com/BrileeCrossing/status/1243061475100332032?s=20

This person is not quite correct about that, Nintendo pretty explicitly tells you before you use any online features in New Horizons, that cheating will result in a ban from online features.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is a fruit on my island that I planted over a week ago, and it still hasn't grown into a tree, is this a bug or is there something else going on?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tonight I collected 280,000 bells in tarantulas. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sanzuo posted:

When do they come out? I've been out actively hunting them at night but I've seen 1 within two days.

Gotta do the randomly generated island, that's where the real bells are at. The tarantula island is pretty common.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PenguinKnight posted:

What bunny day is like now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really don't care for this event to be honest. I don't like the timed exclusive items you can craft during this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bummer! I just finally put the plot down. I am so ready to be fashionable and cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LLJKSiLk posted:

Turnip King

I'm ready!

Wait, if you place turnips on the ground in your house, will they not rot away the next day?