Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Squiggle posted:

2.4 million bells what in the mother gently caress

I should have banked more than 2.5 Million bells before the glitch went away this morning.

Full disclosure though, I plan to give them to my daughter because grinding on her account for a house upgrade was annoying as gently caress. I just want to progress my own villager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I’ve finally unlocked turnips.

So what is the price ranges I am looking for when it comes to buying and selling?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I've only been able to connect to other goon islands once. The dodo code system is frustrating. I assume that you can't connect if someone has their phone open, doing a task, or another person is flying in? The dialogue is so long I just am frustrated

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nuts and Gum posted:

Is there a method that’s recommended for storing turnips? I just threw them next to my house since I can’t put them in storage...

In your house would keep them safe from other local residents

Someone mentioned putting a fence around them to protect them from guests and best friends, but not residents

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

LODGE NORTH posted:

I don't think a resident can't break a fence

Can't any other residents move any placed items?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How long does Flick stay on your island when he visits?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Shoehead posted:

If anyone wants a tiny return on their turnips I have em for 255 bells atm.

https://turnip.exchange/island/fbd789b5

Thanks! Just dumped my Turnips because that seems like a decent price compared to what I've been getting locally

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What is the final bunny day prize, and is it even worth it?

Seems like I should just make dresses and tell them based on the thread.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just sold my turnips for 390 on Turnip Exchange. Was a half hour experience of frustration as they allowed 7 islanders on at a time, and I'd move about 5 spaces before someone else joined.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So for mable's shop, do I have to make purchases with the main player, or can I do it with the secondary players?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Can't you order it 3 more times to complete?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Ah, so that's how you beat the game. Neat.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I've yet to see turnips in my town over 160 bells...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I opened up New Leaf for the first time today since 2015.... man, really seems dated looking back at it. All the QOL stuff in New Horizons makes it feel like a huge improvement in every way.

Anway... how can I hook up with the people doing the item exchanges where you pick up and drop items from other people so you can order them? That's a thing, right?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

iospace posted:

:siren: GET YOUR 90 BELL TURNIPS HERE :siren:

https://turnip.exchange/island/566ae3ed

You got about 3.5 hours left from this post. You can pick flowers that are not in the fenced off area. The pile by the airport is free for taking.

Thanks! I'm going all in on Turnips this week, ready to start improving my island and finally have the bells to make a big purchase.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I revisited my home in New Leaf and was reminded of all the crazy Nintendo specific items they had in that game. Is that all gone from New Horizons?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Stux posted:

yeah, for instance its shocking how much 3ds code is in the switch OS used or not for various reasons despite them being completely different!
I'd imagine they purged all the unused code to get the OS down to 200KB

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I am starting to think that if you want to post things for goons, you just have to make a Turnip Exchange listing that looks horrible so that it doesn't fill up with randos...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

calandryll posted:

I'm only doing it to pay off my house. After that I'll make my money the only way it was intended, destroying an ecosystem by taking all the fish and bugs.

I have 3 mortgages to pay off over here, one is my 5 year old daughter that keeps asking me for a bigger home...

Anyway...
I left 99,000 bells behind Abel Sisters as well on Snake Pit Island. Thanks for hosting!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

redcheval posted:

I made a little pond zone for my island that I thought maybe dinosaurs could go in, but wasn't sure what to do with it, and now I am super stoked at the idea of turning it into a fancy sculpture garden.

https://twitter.com/caitcadieux/status/1252606401421078528

I have like... no creativity. All my townspeople's homes are in a straight line, half of the island is a fruit orchard. So much left to do.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If I unregister the parental controls app to do time traveling, will it delete my play history in the app when I reregister it? I kind of like having it, but I am getting impatient with this nooks cranny upgrade

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is there any reason to pay off that last home loan other than a completionist and free exterior upgrade thing once you get the basement?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Three questions.

1) Is there any point in paying off that final home loan once you get the basement? Aside from the free daily exterior upgrade.

2) Does unliking the parental controls app (so you can time travel) delete all your play time data if you relink it?

3) How do I get on the dudes boat for the artwork? I found him and bought one piece and donated it. What's next?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nemo2342 posted:

This is what I spent:

$36 for a used android phone (I'm sure you can get this cheaper if you're more knowledgeable about phones than I am)
$26.67 for 50 NFC stickers
$6.99 for 100 1-inch plastic discs to stick the stickers to (optional)
So $69.66 (nice) spent in total

All told, that comes out to $1.39 per villager I want to make, and as a bonus I got to make amiibos for my friends so they could get their favorites on their island without getting gouged on ebay.

If I had wanted to buy the actual cards, it would cost me:

Cherry: $50
Ankha: $68
Coco: $33
Tex: $7.50
Ruby: $21.50
Lucky: $68.75

Of course, I don't see this thing sold anywhere anymore, but I bought the Action Replay Power Saves thing from Datel when it was available and $20

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/toys-to-life/products/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/10127307.html

It has a rewritable disc, and you can back up amiibo data if you want as well. It's been nice for inviting specific people...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Johnny Truant posted:

EatTheRich is open while I make breakfast and AFK/work! :toot:

Dodo code: 31GLY

Nook's has a metronome, and a boxing ring bell thing; turnip prices are doodoo.

Kyle is DIYing a jaw-dropping wooden bucket if that's your thing.

Able Sisters has Labelle knit shirts, raincoats, Western shirts, Judogi, Retro A-line dresses, elegant hats, student caps, catcher's masks, rhinestone shades, wingtip shoes and Zori!

Saharah is here slinging a paintball wall and boxing-ring mat; a simple small blue mat(small), blue blocks rug(medium), and a blue stripes rub(large).

Southern hemi, sunny, take whatever fruit/shells you'd like! Plenty of fossils and miscellaneous poo poo in the FREE area. Please do not shake my money trees, they are ornamental! And please do not pick up the lone spoiled turnip by my house - it's for flies and ants. If you see any flies or ants, they're all yours!

Apologies for the island layout, I'm starting to rearrange and terraform so it's not really super cool. No tips necessary, if you'd like to water my flowers or leave a message on the community board, or put up a new pattern in the tailors, go for it! Just please don't overwrite the Blackhawks stuff.

:swoon:

My underground boxing ring will be complete one of these days... thanks! I was Mike

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Fangz posted:

Hi, there's a big spike in turnips (603) at my island, I don't want to use the exchange and have a horde of people running in and back out so DM me and I'll give codes only to the first 5 to contact me (I'll edit this post when they are used up), and you can take your time and maybe water my flowers?

Yeah, I don't have DMs, but my email is my Astro7x [at] gmail [dot] com. I'd love to offload some turnips...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My turnip prices are cratering hard and I have so many. Oh man oh man I'm gonna be poor :ohdear:

You can always find someone on Saturday on Turnip Exchange for something above 110...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

puppets freak me out posted:

If I make a second villager for my island would that let me get 2 pieces of art from Redd? Or is it 1 per island?

I have three villagers and can buy 3 pieces of artwork at a time with them.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Holy poo poo. Tedious, but there is a way to move your islands rocks to exactly where you want them to be!

https://youtu.be/J9QXgwYnkBs

I was wondering why that guy used mannequins, right up until the end.... I may just do this now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Nook shop upgraded today, and the wrestling ring neutral corner was in stock. Yeeeeees!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
All in with 16,000 turnips this week. Wish me luck...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why do I even bother checking every day...

https://twitter.com/BoomMike/status/1257727563184648198

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
First time today I've seen turnips under 100 for me, also selling at 90! Whoo!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Redd visited my island like 3 days in a row when he first showed up. Nothing since.... this game is not giving me enough stuff to do

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Licarn posted:

In one month you've got 4 pieces without another person giving up art they could have put in their own gallery?

If someone's giving up a dupe, they're just pushing their own completion out by at least one Redd visit, unless they've got lucky and Redd has multiple real pieces on sale.

If you have multiple profiles with homes, you can buy every piece of art each time he visits

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So apparently Redd can offer 4 fake paintings. Huh.... well thanks for waiting 2 weeks to show up with literal garbage

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I started the process of moving all my rocks, since I'm running out of things to do... first on was a succss!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Silver Falcon posted:

I'll cross my fingers for you! I just finished my rock garden yesterday. Pain in the rear end, but it looks very nice!

Took me a solid hour of placing mannequins around the island. Wasn't too hard... just need to live with it for the next 5 days now

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Started moving my rocks. Couldn't think of a better layout for the rock garden... I wanted to do something interesting at least, so I made room for that fake artwork statue with the guy holding the shovel instead of the sword. Seemed appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

nexous posted:

Don't do what I did and realize I wanted the sand texture under my rocks after moving some.

You can put the sand texture down and the rocks spawn on top of it? I did not know that, thought it was only grass