Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
should i buy this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

thanks

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
wtf do I get bamboo from and also how do i get other fruits

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

The Lobster posted:

Come to my town, I have bamboo and every fruit

Oh wait can you get bamboo by using nook miles? If so then I only want different fruit. Idk this is the first ac game i've played

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

Starting to rethink this penguin, she keeps pulling ultimate power moves and casually taking a dump while I'm visiting

I think I visited you and there was a dude with not one but two racecar beds and he was a massive arse haha

Also

Lookin goood!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
ngl i don't rly care about the turnip stuff yet but i enjoy visiting ppls islands

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

LastGoodBoy posted:

The beauty is you really only need to care about the turnip stuff once. I made like 5.5 million bells in one day, so I'm just done with money now.

I get it cuz I've just started building my first non poo poo bridge and why the gently caress is it so expensive, but I feel like if I end up getting so much money already I'll just get burned out quicker with it idk. Also Nintendo are monsters making me have to wake up on a Sunday morning to buy turnips!

Also I've been playing since launch and I've only ever had two special islands from nook miles tickets.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/wheel_able/status/1247971623862493184

God damnit now when this is playing in game all I can hear is Nelly

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Do I have to make all the easter things cuz I haven't bothered yet but I've got them all and about 9000 of each type of egg.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

What am I gonna do with all this wacky egg crap now

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I had a new person move in and he's from someones town on here that I visited, but I don't ever remember talking to? He's a monkeh lad so thats ok by me!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Stupid question but if you have a camper, but currently don't have a plot of land available can they not move in?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

if anybody wants it:

Man I still have an empty can of this lol, how do you get custom designs onto your drinks machine?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

You can customize them at workbenches, then choose the rightmost option!

Every god damned day. :sigh:

Ah yeah I figured it out!

Theres a Japanese takeaway place near my work that sells cans of boss black, man I miss going to work god I never thought I'd say that. I found the rainbow mountain stuff in an asian supermarket.

Also thank you whoever had those 500 price turnips, I left em some money and a silly mustache and glasses I had spare

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

not sure this is accurate, newcastle fans are notorious for not wearing a shirt!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I finally got the pathing tools, but I've got a bunch of rocks in the way of where I want to put paths. If destroy the rock do they ever come back somewhere else?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Brb going to rename my island to Dumbass Island

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Maybe I'm going mad but the 11am music reminds me of the Gran Turismo garage music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCmFNMXLpIs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjJGVtR34LI

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It's bulshit you can't just move someones house a little. I just needed to shift a house a few tiles over to one side so I could make a nice path, but instead I just ended up digging up a load of trees to move it somewhere completely different.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I dunno if this is actually a hard thing to catch, but man I had a bad streak with fishing. Then I managed to net two wasps in a row and caught this shortly after.

Also goth lizard lad pls my yard is full of bugs

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

Hey who wants to get mad about things and post in circles for awhile? The Japanese AC community conducted a fan poll of their favorite villagers and the results have come in! Check out this tier list and find out that your favorite isn't top tier!

https://twitter.com/tanukichisoku/status/1252921583191994371?s=20

Unless you like Raymond, Ankha, Marshall, or grandma Audie then otherwise you're good.

The Japanese are monsters, Sydney and Flip are not F tier fffs. Polls like these are the reason why DBZ became the Goku show.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I decided to replace my houses fence with the hedges, then I found out for some reason you can't store them and I couldn't sell them either. Only option was to chuck it in a bin.

Weird as I was able to sell all the other left over fences I've used.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I just got DJ K.K. then I put it into youtube and apparently in the Japanese version it's just called Eurobeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlrDS22ZyUk

Maybe i'll have to load this into my 90's jdm shitboxes headunit and drive down the country lanes at 3am to it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I got a hamster cage with a lil hamster running on the wheel. I'm tempted to gift it to Apple to see if she says anything, although I gifted her an apple and she didn't say anything. Maybe I should build the Apple TV Juicy Apple TV and give it to her instead.

Also should I be shaking my trees for furniture? All of them? I've got so many but I don't wanna get rid of them.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

only non-fruit trees!

I just noticed today that the trees have some sort of marking but I can barely tell the difference between the hardwood ones and the fruit ones haha.

Johnny Truant posted:

omg yup

i made a single pathway last night and now i'm like :doit:

although it really shines a bright light on my lack of artistic capabilities :negative:

i actually still have never opened the waterfall or cliff part of the app, whoops i should do that to get that little stamp

I've made a few paths but I haven't gone ham with the other tools apart from adding or removing bits of space when needed. I don't feel like completely restructuring my island. But the bottom half of mine is sort of planned out and the top half is still pretty empty with lots of trees and weeds.

Some of my villagers are a bit too clustered together so I might move them up to the top but I've got to make more inclines and then I'll probably do a bit more landscaping.

Hobo Clown posted:

I gave her one yesterday, she was super excited about it but didn't say anything specific about owning a tiny captive version of herself

This just raises further questions

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

HaB posted:

Is there a quick way to farm Stone?

I seem to get even less from Nook Islands than I do from the rocks on my island.

I've got loads of stone and iron just by digging two holes stopping myself from moving away from the rock when bashing it. Then on the nook islands I eat a fruit and destroy it for one extra stone. I had so much I ended up selling some of it off. I mean you can't do this everywhere but I've got the stones on my island to spawn in places with enough space to do it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Nemo2342 posted:

Oh, it always starts small. You just want to widen one river for a bridge, or add a bit of cliff to give you more room for hybrid growing. Then before you know it that cliff to the southwest would make a perfect spot for your museum if you just knocked everything down and built a giant lake and a bunch of waterfalls.

Well I could do with some more waterfalls......

Also I've realised the dream of dressing like a Japanese delinquent

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falstaff posted:

Had a communication error. Opened up again, haha, this is ridiculous.

I'm gonna leave you a tip if I ever manage to make it out of Nooks cranny due to goon rush

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falstaff posted:

Yeah, sorry! :( This is the first time I've ever opened up my island like this, I guess I underestimated the response...

Eh it's fine! I managed to leave some stuff somewhere non obvious at least!

Honestly it's just the loading times that get me after every drat transition. I've got to look forward to this if I ever get a non poo poo turnip price haha.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
next time i visit one of you lot im just gonna wear my dressing gown and night cap

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Man I should not fish tired, I ended up wasting so much bait tonight. I did at least manage to get two more blue marlins.

Also does the goth bug lad have a schedule to visit or does he just turn up when he wants because I've got like 50 insects taking up space in my inventory at the moment.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Well you can only catch certain fish at the little pier, so you'd have to wait longer for something to spawn there I guess. Either way you'll be running around either for fish to spawn or digging up clams.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ok got a turnip price of 596 and a bunch of spare crafting recipies next to Abels, dunno what else just don't laugh at my bad island and also pls dont mess up my flowers. I mean go nuts on the ones randomly planted at the top of the island, but if you wanna water some of the ones I've planted that would be cool cuz I haven't done it yet.

Dodo code is Edit: Closed, turnip price went to poo poo after 12:00!

Edit: probably for another hour? do the prices reset at 12:00?

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Apr 30, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

FrickenMoron posted:

Hey buddy, thanks. I visited just now, City Folk Trasher. Left a tip of 3x99k and watered until my can broke.

Thanks! Also thanks everyone else who popped by!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
You know I hope at some point they add a patch which means Label actually goes into the drat clothes store and has a nice chat with her sisters instead of just standing out in the plaza all day

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I bought a hat that looks like Snuffkin's from the Moomins, please tell me I can get a matching coat and scarf combo.

Also I got a black and red striped shirt, so now all I need are some black shorts and I can run around with a slingshot like dennis the menace. Not the poo poo american one obviously

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Silver Falcon posted:

Had to look this up. There are shirt and scarf combos but I'm not sure if they come in the right color. There is totally a backpack that looks like that, though! I bought one from Kicks somewhat recently.

I just realised I have the backpack but in the wrong colour, damnit.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
How tf does this campsite poo poo work, I've literally got an empty plot as of this morning and I've got this Duck lad at my campsite. Get to the point where you can ask him to live here and he's like naw I can't.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I won one of them, then I got the prompt. Now he just keeps repeating himself edit: Lol it worked after walked out and back into the tent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
This is a dumb as hell question but can you grow flowers on the dirt path?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Kicks needs to be put in jail for being a bad visitor who sucks

I forgive him because he's dedicated to his peaky blinders cosplay