Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just started playing this last night. It’s my first animal crossing game. Anyone mind if I visit their island? Not much to do on the first day. Planted a ton of crap and paid off my 5000 miles. I’ll try to observe etiquette, but I’m going into this kinda blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

fit em all up in there posted:

Come visit me and get gifts. B2GNB

Thanks for the stuff! The recipes for the pole vault and shovel are useful as all get out, as well

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

UltraRed posted:

Thanks for the stuff! The recipes for the pole vault and shovel are useful as all get out, as well

Looks like the recipes are day locked. Well, the tools are. Lol

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

fit em all up in there posted:

Crap I think it crashed on me. Come back with code F82H9

That's what I get for not checking the thread. I replied to your PM. If we don't reconnect today we can do so at your convenience. I have meetings during the day, but am working from home

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Spellman posted:

Ripped off Gulliver a few times, but it was worth it

https://i.imgur.com/Ys7ywnd.mp4

Holy poo poo you can run

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm kinda new to this (first AC game), and very reckless. I just blew my entire fortune on turnips the first time they were offered.

I know prices rise and drop throughout the week, but are they random? Or do I need to hunt around for islands to sell on the last day where sales are possible for maximum profit?

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 20, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Straight White Shark posted:

There are certain patterns they follow but they're essentially random, later is not necessarily better.

Does this just apply to your own island, or islands in general? I was planning on looking to the AC hoard and picking the best I could. I know there is a random element, do do they stack on each other (even if they're both negative and positive) or do they select within a range?

edit: Thanks for the quick responses!

edit2: Is there a better way of storing turnips? I just dedicated a room to them.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 20, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Anyone have any good turnip prices? They’ve been down for me all week, but it just broke 100 today. Kinda making me nervous because I suck all I had into them.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Kinda mad I can't change my name. Most of the best looking clothes are womens' clothes. I heard you can change your gender, but I picked a male oriented name.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just found out that the elephant watering can waters in an arc around your dude. I've just been using flimsy tools all along. I know the third upgrade for axs cuts down trees. Are there other tools that benefit from being upgraded, other than durability? I've just been using the flimsy tools as they were easy to build.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eiba posted:

And if you customize them it resets their durability, so they can last forever and the cost can be quite small. If you remember to maintain your tools.

Though I'm experimenting with going back to flimsy fishing rods and bug nets. If I have crafting benches all over my island, and I keep a stack of sticks in my pocket, I just don't care if my tool breaks.

There is a nook mile reward for crafting tools after all. I got this game at launch, played every day caught every fish and bug, and I'm barely at a thousand tools crafted. And the final milestone is three thousand so... not sure if that's going to happen.

But yeah, the axe is an alternate upgrade- you can go from flimsy to stone (same functionality but more durability than flimsy- gets you wood leaves trees intact) or flimsy to metal (same durability as stone- this kills the tree). Metal axe and watering can are the only functional changes with upgrades though. The rest is durability. Including the golden tools- the gold watering can waters even more, but other than that they're just durability upgrades.

So the only bit I didn't know is golden watering can is further upgrade? If so, then thank you, dude!

edit: I'm barely 3 weeks. Never played any AC games before.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 26, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah golden watering can waters a 3x3 square, just like in New Leaf.

Thank you :love:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Fishing Rods only break when you catch something.

Shovels can break if they dig up anything. Even a weed. Filling in a hole doesn't effect them.

Later when you get two other items that you craft, you get unlimited uses. It'll make sense once you get them.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

SilentChaz posted:

Early spike in turnips on Mau-Mau this week as they're currently going for 451! I'll be AFK, but checking in for connection errors and the like. The gate should be open until 10pm EST. Don't worry about tips or anything. Take what you want from the giveaway area. And thanks for visiting!

Dodo Code: in the PGS thread

Saharah is visiting and trapped behind Mitzi's house right now. Don't remember what they have. Sorry!

Nooks
Old sewing machine (2,200), Desktop computer (black; 100,000)
Paper tiger, revolving spice rack
Hot items are an old-fashioned washtub and a classic pitcher

Able sisters
Suit of lights, football shirt, tee-parka combo, sleeved apron, corte skirt, loose fall dress, wrestling mask

Giveaway Area
Train set (spring), Throwback race-car bed (yellow), harp, serving cart (brown), Tankless toilet (ivory), pyramid tile, cityscape wall, cafe-curtain wall, yellow checked rug, tiny library DIY, diner chair (pink), tropical rug, popcorn machine (blue)

As a new player, thank you very much. I'm able to afford my house upgrades now. :love:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
heehee

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001297640587.html

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
edit: dp

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You can get a candy going to other peoples' islands. It's one candy per day per Nook's.

To anyone needing either a candy or an animal nose to go with your cat girl costume, Wugis is open.

If you want to water my flowers in the north, go ahead, but you'd need a pole to get there since my bridge is still under construction.

DoDo Code: Nook's is closed and so am I.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 2, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pump Jockey posted:

Finished paying off your bridge. Thank you for opening up for candy purchases!

No, thank you! I drained myself dry to Tom Nook. You are very much appreciated, fellow Goon.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have the two starting villagers, and then 3 villagers I met use Nook Miles tickets.

How do I get more? I've used 5 different tickets and never encountered more. I also cleared out huge amounts of empty space on my island.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Silver Falcon posted:

Talk to Nook. Ask him what you should do next.

Thanks!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Opening Wugis for Candy. We also have Sahara today. Jester suit at Able's.

If you feel spirited, I'm breeding flowers north of the bridge, and could use any watering you could offer.

Feel free to drop off any DIYs you don't want outside the airport. I'm only a few weeks into this, and I need almost everything. Also, take what you need.

DoDo: Closed

EDIT: thank you for all who contributed! I'm very grateful! I hope one day to pay it forward!

45 minutes from Now I'll close

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 3, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Really glad about the above. I was holding off on a switch and only got one less than 3 weeks ago.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Reopened with dodo 939G. Zucker is crafting a spooky lantern set

4 characters

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Do fruit trees need different conditions to grow? I planted 4 non-native trees with one space between them horizontally, and they all grew into full fruit trees.

Then I planted the same types in rows underneath this. Two paces vertically, one space horizontally. Only the cherry trees grew fully, but only the last orange tree in the row started growing.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Opening for the Daily candy. Nothing else really exciting going on :geno:

If you feel like watering my flowers in the north, I'd be thankful. I left out watering cans this time.

For those of you despairing about your lack of yellow pumpkins, I grew 9. I've since replanted them all, and will give them out when they're grown.

Dodo: closed

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 5, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Open for Candy!

Able's has beaks and Bunny hoods. Not sure which is Halloween specific.

Redd is here, with Basic Painting (fake), Famous Painting (fake), and Flowery painting (real).

If you feel appreciative, please water my roses in the north, or toss a few bells for me, since I blew all my wad on the turnip market and land sell plots, and have nothing left for construction. :geno:

edit: Thanks for the bells! I will be sure to pay it forward when my ship comes in!

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 6, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thank you to whoever watered my black roses! I got 3 golden rose buds. My first so far :haw:

Wugis is open again for Candy.

Kicks is here with Jester's shoes, a variety of imp wings, and other kicks stuff.

I left out materials for 2 golden watering cans if some goon would be so kind as to make them for me :kiddo:

As always, watering of flowers in the north is appreciated!

EDIT: Tia is making a spooky Tower

DoDo: closed

Thanks, Goons!

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 7, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Opening Wugis for Candy.

C.J. is in the north. You'll need a ladder to get to him.

Able's has a flashy animal costume, a pig nose, and a crown if you have an extra 1,000,000 bells laying around.

I've put out colored pumpkins (yellow, white, green) for people to take. Please take no more than 3 of each to make sure everyone can get some. I've already grouped them into bunches of 3, so you only need to grab one bunch of each. Planting a colored pumpkin guarantees the pumpkins that grow will be of the same color.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 8, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Anyone have any good turnip prices?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Turnip prices anyone? 42 bells here :(

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I see a lot of players asking people to leave by the airport. What happens when people don’t?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
To get the gold tourney, I need to get 300 points on the same day, correct?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thank God! Did 305 fishing tournament points and wondered who would go through this?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Waffle! posted:

Carcosa is open!

Not much at Abel's today, but Nook's has a spooky table, and candy! Also as many cardboard boxes as you can carry! The kind with the shipping label on them.

Stop by and see what's new! K.K. is in town if you need songs, and the pile o' stuff is yours for the taking!

Message doodles and pumpkin watering always welcome!

JD0C2

Does pumpkin watering by visitors actually do anything?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Steric Hindrance posted:

So sorry! Reopened, new code: 613KP

Thanks for opening earlier. I made like 8 trips

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Black Robe posted:

My boy Leif bringing me a shrub and a flower I didn't have, you da... uh... sloth. Yeah, you da sloth.

Wish he sold fruit too.

edit: Oh hell yes, Ironwood Dresser DIY in my message in a bottle. Today is a goood day.

Fruit's not that hard to come by. Plant one, get 3 more.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 15, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Black Robe posted:

I meant as a way to get the remaining non-native fruit. Since it's literally impossible to get all five types playing solo for some bullshit reason and some of us don't have Switch Online.

Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot before I had switch online. I got switch online specifically so I could visit people in AC.

I never got the sister fruit from any of my mystery tours. I only got coconuts and bamboo.

It especially sucked because my native fruit is pears. I hate pears.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Also, you can send mail to other people? How does that work? I only see my villagers and my future self.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just keep getting repeats :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is there any way to kick people off the island? I have two diva star wanna be villagers who have the exact same dialogue.