Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

Please but if I have to lose my burnouts tag then no thank you. Thanks either way. And also "please" again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Animal Crossing music is chill, but still, here's a list of islandy music if you want to have a different vibe: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4lfUEkMLtNgdq8dTZ3kG9m?si=6Rr3Yd0_QVivhEW-kXmBvw.

Last game I made a whole forest of shrooms to walk through and had a weed grow op in my basement. I am so excited to see how this game works out.

jackhunter64 posted:

Also got an Ankha, which I've heard people will pay big money for?

Oh poo poo I had her in the last game and she was awesome.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

A couple of things.

This game is great as gently caress.

Is there an easy way to upload photos or are people taking their memory cards to their computers. I'm lazy so I don't want to do that.

I ran the AC thread like a decade ago for the first one that had online functionality. I am still friends with a few people but if you remember me please add me. SW-3676-4896-5773. I know there's a spreadsheet but I wanted to make a specific call out to my old school people. liquidypoo is a name that stands out.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 25, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Plant MONSTER. posted:

you support chemtrails on YOUR island???

speaking of how do I make my frog gay?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Asking again on the same page, but what's the easiest way to upload screenshots?

Pretend I posted my Passport, my title is: Very First Grandma.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Mega64 posted:

Set up a burner Twitter account just for screenshots and upload them that way. It's still a bit of a pain but it's the fastest and easiest way to do it. You can copy/paste the URLs from there, though you may have to add the IMG tags manually.

LODGE NORTH posted:

I tweet them then go to my Twitter account and then just "copy image address" and put that between some timg tags.

From in game? My main pain is getting them off of the switch itself but I bet there's not an easy way to do that. Thanks, though!

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

shortspecialbus posted:

You link a twitter account to your switch, and then you can share them to your twitter with a couple button presses. They end up something like this:

https://twitter.com/shortspecialbus/status/1241448617887420416

I did my main twitter account because I don't really tweet anyways, but plenty of people just make a burner account and link it with that.

Awesome. Thanks, everyone!

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

A few pages ago, but I think today, someone was wanting a masked wrestler/luchadore. I have one in my shop today and I am happy to buy it for you or whatever. No strings.

Edit: oh, PM'ing me would be the best way to get ahold of me.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Does anybody have a good stone path pattern I can throw on my ground. I didn't find much on the linked pattern site in the OP.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Your Computer posted:

just had Buck tell me he's planning on leaving, which is good news because if I had to replace a villager it would be him anyway :v: When a villager leaves, does their home just become vacant and you can start going to islands to find new villagers again?

Yeah, I told Bea to gently caress off this weekend and now her house just looks like when you make a brand-new plot.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Your Computer posted:

guess I should start stocking up on those nook miles!

Does it work like that later in the game (no time travel for me)? Like, in the beginning my first guests were from islands but I've never seen another animal on an island since.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Thank you for the helpful responses.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I have an issue, hoping someone can weigh in, please.

I took an empty area of my island to make a large orchard of various fruit. I planted them with one space between each other. Three days later random trees have grown and most of them are just small sprouts still. I thought maybe the spacing was too little but I have plenty of spacing like that on the rest of my farm. As well, some trees grew in ways that seem to invalidate "only one space between is not enough."

The Sean fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 13, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Buttflakes posted:

Ok, thanks, I guess....

Edit: I should clarify that she wanted the game as well and the Switch, like.... she wanted to play with me, I didn't force her to do so.

Perhaps sharing my story here was a bad move after all.

Yo, sometimes you just have to break things off. People don't change that much, so just trust your past experiences. gently caress it :sever:

I think your story was slightly unclear since it sounded like you sent it off to her randomly. Even with the money back I can see how you would feel hurt. Still, take the money; or better take the limited edition switch back. I know you are focusing on the emotional part, but just get that poo poo back.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

ALFbrot posted:

Turnips at 454 , dodo code 9H1BJ for the next 40 minutes or so or until I have to go

Please don't be a dick on my island thank you

Thanks a lot! My partner and I left tips.

I really like your ramps up to your house and the stone entrance, btw.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I got another error. I'll open up for another 30 min then close. Dodo code is 3PTH4

Why is ironwood stuff so popular anyways? Just wondering.

I'm trying now, but it says "getting interference."

Anyways, the ironwood dresser is the gateway item to the rest of the ironwood set. For instance, I have a handful of ironwood things but I can't create them without an ironwood dresser.

In the basic crafting set, it's like how "Wooden-Block Toy" is the gateway/required item for other Wooden-Block crafting items.

edit: it's working now, thank you much

The Sean fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 15, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

thexerox123 posted:

Ugh, trying to get an amiibo character to move to my island and they asked for a cardboard bed. :/

Kicking myself for always just selling the boxes.

I don't suppose anyone has a cardboard bed or boxes that they'd be willing to trade or sell to me today?

How many do you need? I don't have the recipe but i have some boxes.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 25, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

ALFbrot posted:

Nintendo: We have this great new idea for a game. It's a life simulator, and the central design feature is that it is tied to real time! You have to wait for things to progress, which encourages patience.

Fans: We adjust the system clock constantly to blast through all game progress instantly

Nintendo: Oh, we see, I guess we'll make the game kind of accommodate that.. Anyway, another central feature is that you're moving into a village that contains members of a wide and varied cast of NPCs, who live their own lives and can move in or out of town on their own accord! This will encourage acceptance of a wide variety of friends.

Fans: We want ANKHA and MARSHALL and loving NOBODY ELSE GOD DAMMIT

Nintendo: Ah, ok. I guess we can implement a system where villagers can be invited to the island, which we can tie in with our amiibo capabilities. Another core tenet of the game is an enormous catalog of furniture items, which will be available very slowly over time to encourage a feeling of surprise and accomplishment when finding items that fit your needs!

Fans: I want to PICK EVERYTHING FROM A GOD DAMNED DATAMINED LIST and have it IMMEDIATELY and then NEVER CARE ABOUT FURNITURE AGAIN

Nintendo: ...

yeah, i literally don't understand why someone would want to play the game if they do all of that anyways. I wonder how many of those people are going to be like "AC doesn't have enough to do!" when the next game rolls around, will buy it anyways, completely break the game, and stop playing after two months while complaining about it.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

For people who leave their town open: how do you stop the Switch from sleeping? I left mine open for a friend last night and it closed on him randomly when the switch went to sleep.

Republicans posted:

My waterfall museum is best waterfall museum because it has TWO t-rex skulls.

Holy gently caress that looks cool.

edit: ahhh, duhhh. thank you.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Opened my town up for another goon to come by to grab cardboard boxes: 5KY3D

These are already taken so please do not take the boxes left on the ground like a dick.

Posting here in case anyone wants to take a look around.

edit: my achievement i'm most proud of is a forest taking up the east side of the island. also my kitchen i made today in a 2hr zoom meeting and a Weebay-esque aquarium in my house. i'm just gong to be afk'ing

The Sean fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 16, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

The Sean posted:

These are already taken so please do not take the boxes left on the ground like a dick.

edit: my achievement i'm most proud of is a forest taking up the east side of the island. also my kitchen i made today in a 2hr zoom meeting and a Weebay-esque aquarium in my house. i'm just gong to be afk'ing

Oh, and a player alerted me in game that Apple has a DIY for "Garden Wagon."

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Does anybody have a cutting board and/or cutting board recipe I could bum, please? I'm trying to complete my kitchen.

Britt Burns posted:

Anyone have apples? I'm working on an orchard and it's the only fruit I can't find :(

My town has them. It's my native fruit, so feel free to have some as long as you don't act like a locust.

The Sean posted:

thexerox123 posted:

Thanks so much for helping a fellow goon out!! :)

And thank you so much for checking!! :)

You're most welcome.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

BattyKiara posted:

Is it possible to make circular ponds, with some kind of decoration in the middle? A donut pond if you like? And can there be fish in said pond?

Yeah, in my town rn I have a lake with an island and a fountain on it.

Reppin' my hometown:

Britt Burns posted:

Thank you so much!! I left ten of each of the other fruit on the sand :)

Glad to help! You didn't need to leave anything but I really appreciate it! I only had one of some of the other fruits up until recently, though, so it helps.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

^^^^^^^ sub bro

Chris Pistols posted:

Where is this? The Future?

The heart of Orlando

BattyKiara posted:

Was thinking more a shrine on a lake, with sacred fish. Your home town looks amazing!

Yeah, you could probably manage that. Not sure how to swing the fish part, though.

Also thanks. If you ever visit PM me and I can tell you about really nice places to go that aren't Disney.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 16, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Chris Pistols posted:

Looks lovely. Some day I hope to replicate my own town:

I've already got the microwave!

I literally lol'd.

My partner and I will keep an eye out for a shopping cart.

After this I'll shut the gently caress up about irl towns but this thread reminded me to share this. Kind of on-topic, too, since it's about cities/towns and creativity.

The Sean posted:

These pics are from last week before my city went on quarantine. Not quite USPOL but people get depressed here (for good and poor reasons) and so I wanted to share some positivity.

I overlook a city bike/jogging/dog-walking trail and a ton of people pass by every day. I saw a woman leave chalk on the ground for people to draw pictures. I am an amateur artist and had a big pile of chalk myself so she inspired me to take a separate walkway and make a mural of an island:

It's a little tough to see since it's chalk but it's something like 12' x 8'. It's an island looking out at a vast sea; island includes a lighthouse, some cliffs, a blanket with wine and fruit.

I wrote above the mural "if you write something nice I'll make a floating island for quarantine." A few people checked in and I made unique floating islands for them. I saw some of these people from my balcony, but didn't interact with them directly. I spent about 10 hours making it after work shifts last week. A ton of people seemed to appreciate it and said "thanks" instead of "that's cool" as they walked by so I was hitting my goal.

My goal was to show how we can be isolated and keep distance but still stay connected.

The message above my lighthouse was "you can create when you isolate."

(i spelled "vacant" correctly later)

One guy wrote "F Trump" so I gave him a tropical one.

One woman was there with her young daughter and they made a big heart together, so I made them mom/daughter islands.

Dean advised to "party hard" and I tossed him this one:

There are a few others I don't have pics to share for on this computer yet but a few other people checked in. I had some contact info written down on the ground, too. Someone contacted me over the internet and wanted to send their love:

This kind of just looks like a driveway but it's an electrical easement and the bike trail is right out of frame. Some other people also left other messages and pictures, like a really well done Whooper from pokemon, but I haven't uploaded the photos yet (you can kind of see the whooper in the top shot).

It was kind of like having an animal crossing town for people to visit.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 16, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Could someone please part ways with a Cutting Board for me? Please?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Elucidarius posted:

I can make you one, my town is currently open. 2GN1F

Awesome! I'll be right over. Anything specific you want in exchange?

edit: omw now. Gift card bag of bells it is, then.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 17, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Elucidarius posted:

I can make you one, my town is currently open. 2GN1F

Thank you, again! I left some cash on the stone table.

Your town is nice, btw. I really like the northwest portion where you have your residents' homes on a graduating level basis. It reminded me and my partner of Greece. I also liked the side- and backyards you made via the walls.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

iTrust posted:

I think I'm in a spot where, even though there's still a lot to do, I'm happy enough with my island to post some photos.

So here's some of those.

Welcome to the first thing you'll see when leaving Eru Airport.

I'm just using this as an opportunity to show off.

Billy lives here, in between working on becoming the most swole goat to have ever lived, I figured a place to cool down and relax his muscles was a good idea.

Bridge over the waterfall, with the wind farm in the background.

This time from sea level.

Outdoor cafe, as seen on every other island.

Campsites are playgrounds now.

We have this.

Fishing is incredibly important to the local economy of Eru. In fact, at least 40% of the economy is fish based. Imagine that.

Naturally, there is a lighthouse.

And fish market.

A local Witch, presumably.

Cell phones, as important as they are, require reception. Eco-friendly reception though, so there's that.

The Museum hosts many an imprisoned fish and bug, as well as dinosaur fossils. Please do not tell PETA.

The Tortimer Memorial Metropolitan Park.

The picnic area. Not pictured: Picnics.

Fairies are graffiti artists.

Just off of the plaza and by the Museum.

A quiet area by Tammi's house, who is a cool wannabe pop star with crazy eyes.

I hope you enjoyed this picture tour of Eru. Please wash away any bad taste in your mouth with an ice cold Slurm.

I've learned over the past 15+ years on the forum to just post poo poo, and people will (usually) like it, but not many people respond. I'm zen with that. And I don't like reddit's thumbs up/down system compared to our oldschool forums style.

Still, I felt compelled to say thanks for putting so much effort into making a post to share your town.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Tergaso posted:

I'm opening up my island.

Nooks have a microwave and a blue jerry can, white and red rose seeds.

Turnips are ~420~ if you want to sell them for the funny weed number. It's 11am here, so one hour of that price left.

Saharah is unfortunately also in town, she's selling lava flooring and ocean view wallpaper.

Mables are selling Matador outfits, grape hats, awful "comedian's" jackets, masquerade masques, and triangle shades.

Twiggy in the northeast is making a magazine pile!

Help yourself to the free stuff by the entrance.

https://turnip.exchange/island/38d1e1ed

Holy poo poo so many roses.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

For no particular reason, hosting my pretty town: 8CTMY.

Looking for rattan stuff if you have it, though, please and thank you.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

TwoSheds posted:

I'm looking for seed bags of roses and cosmos. Does anyone have them natively?

I've got red and yellow cosmos in my store rn and also a really pretty town. 717x6

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

^^^^^^^ what I said but less verbose

calandryll posted:

Is there an easy way of laying paths? I just got it the path tools today and man I end up erasing stuff even though I'm not on top of it or facing it. I wish putting stuff down outside was like in the house.

Get a feel for it, is my advice. When I got the terraforming tool I spent like two days getting blazed and just doing random stuff with the tool and now I have a really good feel for it.

Eventually you may realize how to do really cool stuff with it. Like if you make a block like this:

__ __
__ __

You can apply the tool again on, say, the top left and get this

---
(
__ __

(lovely representation of rounded corner)

edit: this didn't post how I wanted it to but probably everyone can get what I'm saying by the description.

TwoSheds posted:

Very nice indeed! Left you a tip outside the seaport.

Thanks! Glad I could help.
...and then take away all of the other blocks and end up with just an odd shaped rounded corner and it looks awesome. Gives things more of a random feel.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I asked K.K. to play "reggae" but he didn't understand and played something else.

I would be indebted it someone would trade the K. K. Reggae song to me.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Pretty good posted:

Talking about bad luck, playing since day one and I still haven't seen a single rare fish or had any meteor showers :smith:

I've been playing from day 1 and have over 150hrs logged and I'm spending most of my time crafting up a nice island and I just got my first one last night. You're not alone. I'm at peace with it because I spent like two years or so playing the last game so the rarity gives me something to look forward to.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Waffle! posted:

Do you need fossils??

Stop by Carcosa and git you some!

Seriously I have a lot to get rid of after someone misinterpreted "swap meet" for "ancient burial ground." Turnips are at 99, which isn't terrible I guess. I'll be open for an hour or two, please take them off my hands!

0C100

E: whoops, turnips left. I'll reopen later tonight. Thanks for visiting!

Thank you for the fossils. I only took what I needed. Got a super secret project I'm working on so I appreciate the diplos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZehTt1cjsis

The Sean fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 19, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My island has a lot of stuff as I wanted to make the most out of it so trees pop in, the monster statues even with nothing else around them pop in. Entire buildings can pop. Just a lot of graphical errors in general and when the big thing is 'decorate your island' having it hit because I did just that sucks.

I've never seen that, either, and between my partner and I we're at like 300+ hours.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

LODGE NORTH posted:

I will be on time one of these days - I swear it.

Sure thing, Kaneda.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Lpzie posted:

Ables has some interesting things today. Doctors coats, Coveralls, Fairy dress, Full-body tights, Soft-serve hats (poop hats), Wizard hats, Eye masks, Round Beard, Biz shoes. There's also space for your custom designs.
Velma making a bamboo stool
CJ is here
Turnip at 13x but who cares, just wait two days
R/W hyacinths, W/Y cosmos, W/R windflowers (all of this is from memory so colors may be off)

We're AFK mostly (cooking and making ice cream). Island is 2 weeks out from being "done" so it's still a mess.

4S1BD

Can you please pick up the purple floor lamp next to velmas place and then put it down as an item so i can pick it up? Please and thank you!

Edit: thanks! I know you have a lot of traffic

The Sean fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Lpzie posted:

game won't let me pick it up while people are on the island. i'll send it to you by mail later if that's ok?

Ohhh okay that makes sense. I cant figure out how to make friends within the game itself. If this is a pain feel free to not bother.