Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Because of work I literally won't be able to play this game until at least 4 or 5 pm tomorrow. Everything is terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Nope, that's a feature that's been Japanese exclusive since the first game I think.

Wait, what is this? You can't name your island "[blank] island"? Or am I misunderstanding

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

You can name your island, for example, "ABC Island" because that's 10 characters.

In Japan, you can name it "ABC" and then the suffix "Island" will be added to it, and since Japanese is Japanese, you can also choose how that Island is read because it can be either shima, jima, or tou depending on the name.

People thought this might carry over to the English version with Island, Isle, or Island Of being attached to the name but that is not the case. The name of your island is just whatever you put in those 10 spaces.

Ah okay

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

cosmo sex tip posted:

I gotta work tomorrow and I won't be able to play until like 6pm. Like yay that I'm still employed during a worldwide epidemic crisis and all but ......... the nooks need me, man, what an I supposed to do, just IGNORE them?? In their time of need??

I feel you on this one brother. May we not die in between now and then

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

How do I get the pole vaulting stick?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

blathers gives it to you when his tent is set up

Aw poop. So I'm gonna have to wait a day for it I assume?

I wanted a particular spot on a little island surrounded by water, but it turns out you don't get the vault stick for a while. I'm able to upgrade my tent to a house now, but I still really want that location at some point. Can I move all my poo poo to a new spot later once it's a house?

edit: Also there's apparently a bottle message on the beach but there are parts of the beach I can't get to becasue of the rivers :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I sold all my rocks before I knew that I needed a rock to create an ax/shovel. Luckily I remember fishing out rocks from the river. I have been fishing for 3 hours and have not gotten one rock. This is awful.

You can just buy an axe from the racoon in the tent if you can't find a rock

edit: beaten

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Is there really no way to hang custom wallpaper without covering the windows lol

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Here we are in the future

I still need to do the pants and sandals which I don't have access to do from custom designs or a shop yet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Martytoof posted:

Is the "villager that you can't stand" solution still to just ignore them until they leave?

I will sacrifice my "talk to villagers" nook miles if it means getting rid of them.

I imagine it also works like New Leaf where you can just keep hitting them with the net and eventually they realize they aren't wanted

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm trying to do the spider thing, and I've followed the instructions but butterflies just keep spawning. Do they stop spawning eventually? Do I also have to pull weeds?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I have to go to bed so unfortunately the tarantula trick just didn't work for me. I followed the instructions but butterflies just kept spawning no matter what. Probably won't spend the time to do that again considering the timeframe doesn't work with my sleep schedule. Also related to the schedule thing, It's also very cool how the turnip girl only shows up for a very short time in the morning on Sunday instead of just all day.

The spiders is one thing, spawns based on time is fine, the turnip lady however only being available for that short time on one day is stupid as hell. I just straight up can't buy turnips from her if I have work that day. Just make her an all day thing. What's the problem

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

lunar detritus posted:

Tarantulas don't spawn in the southern hemisphere so... maybe that's your problem?

Nope I'm in the northern hemisphere

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So I've bought two wallpapers now. Do... all wallpapers cover the windows? I thought it was just the custom ones from your design thing but the official ones ALSO blocking out the windows is a HUGE negative for me.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Can you grow new flowers with just two (I have a white and red cosmo and want a pink one) or do you need to do you have to have several to make the square all the guides show?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So I didn't realize how inviting people to your island worked. I've got three randos coming over now. After looking them up, one of them I want out of there as soon as possible. When you finally get someone to move out, does their house then become a vacant lot that you can go and find someone to fill or will it automatically fill it with a random villager right away?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Phenotype posted:

Which villager, and what makes them so awful you want to kick them out? I wasn't crazy about some of mine, but they've mostly all grown on me. Eunice seemed boring, but she's just shy and tries to make friends and I can't do that to her! I've got Bud who's a pretty cool workout guy, shredded, Pinky who's a kpop dancer or something, and Filbert who also seemed kinda lame, but he's sweet and I caught him singing with Pinky in the plaza, so I think he's a part of the village now too. The only one I'm iffy on is Plucky, and it's just cause he seems really generic.

Some stupid cow is gonna be moving in. I hate them already. The villager I really want is that strawberry cake rhino. So when I get to the point where a villager can move out, will they leave an empty lot or does that lot get auto filled with a new rando?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Moose-Alini posted:

I have Sahara in town selling an animated misty-garden wall and highway road floor.

Also it’s raining if anyone’s down for that.

Fruit aplenty too!

Dodo: 3W8YT

Thanks!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

4/5 islands I went to today were just deserted versions of my own island. Kind of disappointing. At least the apple island I went to resulted in a good payout.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So I got invited to some kind of photo island by the hippie dog, and then looked around his weird empty creepy house. I have one question, what the gently caress

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's a cool mechanic that I just miss out on turnips if I work on a Sunday. I won't be able to buy turnips til Easter

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

How do I go about farming presents? I'm reading the spawn every 10 minutes (on 5 minute marks, so like 05, 15, etc) but the first one I learned the direction I thought they came from were wrong and watched one present float off into the ocean, and the second time I didn't see it spawn at all on the correct side. How do I catch them on time? Can they spawn in any place on the right or will they always spawn in line of sight? I dunno if running up and down the beach is the right call or not. I really want the cherry blossom recipes

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Does this rabbit not show up all the time? I was under the impression he hangs out for the event but he's not in my town anywhere.

I also have to restart my whole game to get the egg stuff to even start spawning cause balloons weren't spawning at all and the egg stuff wasn't starting up at all.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Alright, I'm pretty over the items breaking already. I mean, unlike BOTW I'll keep playing this cause Animal Crossing rules but boy am I finding having to go and craft a new net or whatever in the middle of stuff to be really tedious

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Caught these back to back :tinfoil:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

With non easter balloons, do the balloon colors mean anything, like what the present will contain, or is the color just flavor

LODGE NORTH posted:

Do I activate the eggs somewhere? I haven’t seen a drat themed thing, but Isabelle gave me a picnic table and some trees are cherry blossoms now

Restart your game. That's what I had to do to get that stuff to start up.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Why would they run the cherry blossom thing and the easter thing at the same time

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Anytime I see a balloon shadow and look up and it's an egg balloon I get sad

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Have you connected to the Internet? (if not you won't see yourself as being on v 1.1.1a when you start up the game)
And just making sure, if you have, have you talked to Zipper? He makes all the eggs happen.

For the record you don't have to talk to Zipper first. I didn't see Zipper until like an hour later when I went way north into my island looking for him. I just had to close and restart my game to get the eggs going but once I came back in eggs were placed and in trees and stuff.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Omg. I saw her and Nook stretching earlier today but I didn't see her doing her little aerobics routine at the end :kimchi:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zet posted:

In the day the balloon colors seem random. Or maybe after a set number of random ones.

Then it seems to be...

blue - materials
yellow - bells
green - items
red - DIY

So I just got a yellow balloon that had a DIY recipe in it, so it seems like the balloon colors don't matter.

Also the recipe I got was for another bamboo item. I have gotten 2 cherry blossom recipes today so I'm not sure what that's about.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So I came across another forign fruit island (it's apples again). The last time I just harvested everything and made a good amount from selling it. Is it worth the effort to basically plant every apple I harvest and double what I've got in a few days?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Past Animal Crossings would actually change your native fruit for price purposes if you ended up with more of Fruit Y than Fruit X

I think.

I just planted like 3 trees of each foreign fruit since fruit is peanuts

Oh huh alright then.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Does Celeste = shooting stars or can she just show up sometimes? The guide about shooting stars I read mentioned that they only happen on especially clear nights, and my sky is partly cloudy, but Celeste is here

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So like, it's Harv in that costume right? He's using it to covertly look for victims to bring to his creepy photography house?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The campsite is built. Can I go to deserted island and scout someone to come to the campsite or is it totally up to chance? I swear to god if that loving awful ram clown shows up...

Waffle! posted:

Yes. Right now all my normal trees are in bloom for spring. I discovered you can net those floating pink petals, but I don't know what they're good for yet.

There's a bunch of cherry blossom recipes that use them. They're pretty hard to come by, I went after normal balloons literally all day yesterday and got two of the cherry blossom recipes. So for now just stock up on petals before the trees turn back to normal.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 2, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hey Isabelle I'm having a problem with some of my residents. These little bitch rear end raccoons think they should be able to get away with having a closing and opening time for their shop instead of being open 24 hours. Please do something about this

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

mabels big day posted:

pietro is in my campsite....

This is my greatest fear with the campsite

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

a really pointless mechanic that just adds a little extra busy work for zero mechanical purpose.

That's item durability!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

LifeLynx posted:

There's always more to do! Earth Day is coming, and the datamines have revealed a potential museum shop/cafe and gyroids so we know there's DLC coming. There will be a lot more to do than waiting for the season to change so you can collect more stuff, but there isn't much more story stuff for now unless you're really into the Bunny Day stuff.

I REALLY hope the Cafe comes. I don't remember if coffee really did anything, but when I had New Leaf I always came in and got a cup of coffee because it literally made me in real life feel more relaxed