Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
My birthday was yesterday and my wife got up before me and decorated the outside of my house with balloons and birthday candles, left me some presents, and hid a record player playing Birthday.

Then, I went to our eight year old nephew’s island, he set up a table and some chairs with some fireworks for me to make a wish on, and also had some gifts for me.

I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

TwoSheds posted:

My bro's island of shenkleton is buying up turnips at 556 bells each! Stop by and visit if you need to unload. Tips are not required, but are always appreciated!

Dodo code is in PGS.

Thanks for this, this was the first time I seriously made money on the stalk market.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Norma calls me Muffin, and we changed her catchphrase to Tater Tots, I love her so much.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Recycled Karma posted:

Happy has turnips for 604

Punchy is making a mossy garden rock.

There's free stuff in the stalls south of the stores.

CLOSED

Many thanks for this, best haul for my 'nips I've gotten in a long time.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does anyone happen to have a recipe for an Iron and Stone Fence they wouldn't mind parting with?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Opening up Dessert for the next little bit. Redd is here, unfortunately selling only fakes. Turnips are selling for 128. Feel free to visit the tiki bar on the north end of the island, or my pub in my attic, or my talk show set in the basement. Sherb is crafting a Garden Rock.

Dodo code: Closed

TL fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 14, 2020

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Renee, the sisterly pink rhino, is in boxes today on Dessert if anyone would like her.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ankah is at the Dessert campsite if anyone wants to claim her.

Dodo Code: Closed

TL fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 25, 2020

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Slugworth posted:

The only lazy one I've had so far is Doc, and I absolutely love him. Completely insane.

I have Sherb and Simon on my island, and I love them both like sons.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Daisy is camping at Dessert today if anyone wants to recruit her. Turnip prices are butt, but Nook's has a Magnetic Knife Rack and an Exercise Bike if anyone wants them.

TL fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 30, 2020

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Spellman posted:

Does Wisp take a visitor slot? I can't find my visitor

No, he'll come late in the day regardless of what other visitor's you've had.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Today is Rory's last day on Dessert if anyone wants a jock lion. He'll be missed. Nook's has a spooky table and turnips are at 189. Able Sisters has impish horns in various colors and Kicks has impish wings. Help yourself to any DIYs and feel free to leave a message on the board.

Dode code: Closed

TL fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 9, 2020

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
My wife and I have been watching Bob's Burgers for a few weeks now, which is why Peggy's new catchphrase on my island is "Ziti Tonight!".

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I've found tracking my turnip prices helpful in figuring out when there will be a spike. This site is a good help:

https://artem6.github.io/acnh_turnips/?locale=en-us

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Jolly Redd has dropped anchor at Dessert today, with an authentic Moving Painting and a fake Beautiful Statue and Famous Painting. Sprocket is at the campsite as well if anyone is looking for a robotic bird. Help yourself to any of the DIYs we have by our crafting area. Message board drawings appreciated!

Dodo code: CLOSED

TL fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 22, 2020

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dessert is open for visitors! Saharah is here today if anyone is looking for rugs/flooring. The Nooklings have a Spooky Arch, Brine Ship Aquarium, Exercise Ball, Phonograph, and of course candy.

The Ables have various kimonos, mariachi costumes, and horns.

Turnip prices are butt. Help yourself to any DIYs. And if you need any weeds, feel free to pull 'em!

Bangle is crafting a cherry rug.

Bulletin board art/messages appreciated.

Dodo Code: 42M0D

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lazy villagers are my favorite, mainly because they can't wait to touch a fish.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Jolly Redd has dropped anchor on Dessert today. He has a genuine Wistful Painting and Flowery Painting, as well as a knockoff Jolly Painting.

Nook's has a Spooky Candy Set, Garden Faucet, Throwback Container, Cypress Bathtub, and Amp, and a Toy Box. And candy! Turnip prices are garbage, sadly.

The Ables have a lively plaid dress as well as ninja costumes and animal ear hats and firefighter hats.

Take any DIYs you'd like!

Messages/drawings appreciated!

Dodo Code: G2S6J

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

I've got to try to put together a Torgo outfit.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Major meteor shower on Dessert tonight, Celeste is here! Also, Leopold is crafting a Gold Helmet if you need it!

Dodo code: C1XVL

Bulletin board messages welcome, and help yourself to some DIYs!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Today, Kicks is on Dessert, but more importantly, an Iron Worktable is a hot item at Nook’s. I just made about 700k by pouring my iron nuggets into this, so it’s a good way to make a lot of bells quick if you’ve got a lot of iron.

Also, help yourself to any DIYs. Messages/board art encouraged!

Dodo code: CLOSED

May open later, we should have a meteor shower tonight!

TL fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 4, 2020

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does anyone else create backstories for their villagers in their heads? Because I sure do.

I’ve decided Admiral recently moved to my island after the death of his wife, and now he and Audie are slowly falling in love with each other.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

TL posted:

Does anyone else create backstories for their villagers in their heads? Because I sure do.

I’ve decided Admiral recently moved to my island after the death of his wife, and now he and Audie are slowly falling in love with each other.

Going back to this, Admiral is hanging out at Audie’s place today! They’re singing along to the radio! It’s happening!

I should add that my wife disagrees with me on Admiral’s backstory-she thinks he was a lifelong sailor who never had time for a wife, but is now falling for Audie.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Jolly Redd is visiting Dessert today, with a real Perfect Painting and Mystic Statue, and fake Serene and Scary paintings.

The Nooklings have Celebratory Candles, and the Ables are selling various sweaters and coats, as well as some festive tree dresses.

Leave a message on the board if you please!

TL fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 14, 2020

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Norma is in boxes today on Dessert. She’s been with us since very near the beginning, and we want to see her find a good home.

The Nooklings have a yellow tin robot today, and the Ables have a lot of warm weather gear.

Leave a message on the board if you stop by!

Dodo code: L5S7G

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Flubby posted:

Anyone need an Amazing painting? I'll open up if so. I'll keep an eye on here while I balloon farm.

Please!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Flubby posted:

Ok. The secret beach is in the middle north of the map. Go all the way up top by the telescope. You'll need a ladder to get down to Redd. LMM28

Crap I just realized it was the Worthy painting that was real!

The Amazing is fake! It's a faaaaaaake!!!

Nooo! Ah, well, thanks anyway. Your island is lovely!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Celeste is here on Dessert tonight! Come make some wishes!

Dodo code: 37DVD

Leave us messages on our board!

Celeste is trapped on our eastern beach.

TL fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 18, 2020

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Slugworth posted:

I love your island. Just a ton of clever little areas. I really like the little outdoor cafe on the second level. Perfectly executed.

Thank you so much! It's 95% my wife, you just made her day.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Bluebear is camping on Dessert, so if anyone would like a peppy bear and has an open spot, come on over.

The Nooklings have a red RC Copter, as well as a synthesizer, a retro radiator, and an intercom monitor.

The Able Sisters have Holiday, Yodel, and Pom Pom sweaters, as well as some festive dresses and fancy kimonos.

Daisy Mae is selling nips at 110.

Help yourself to some DIYs. Board messages encouraged!

Dodo code in the Wuh oh thread

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
You’d think a game this chill wouldn’t be one that I’ve had to ragequit, but the drat Snowboys did that to me too.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Quick question-I've been playing on my wife's island since I started playing, but decided to get my own Switch to start an island of my own. I've read up on how to do it, but I'm having a hard time finding out what I am able to take with me. Do I start from scratch in the bells/storage/nook miles department?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Jolly Redd has dropped anchor at Dessert with a Real Mystic Statue, Fake Academic Painting, and Fake Serene Painting.

Also, Cesar is camping here if anyone would like a grumpy ape.

Help yourself to any DIYs and anything from Nook’s or the Ables.

Board art/messages encouraged!

Dodo code in the other thread.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Got our second Switch today and I've started setting up my own island, and, I have to say, I really got sad when I went back to my wife's island to shop and was treated like a stranger by my old friends.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Turnips are selling at 548 on Dessert this afternoon. Redd is visiting with a real Ancient Statue and Moving Painting and fake Tremendous Statue and Wistful Painting.

Help yourself to anything from Nook’s or Able’s. My wife would love some board messages/art and/or to have her flowers in E4 watered.

Feel free to explore and check out the new Doctor Who house!

Dodo code in the wuh-oh thread.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I cannot get over how much I love both the big game megaphone and the Festivale reactions.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Would anyone happen to have a spare fake valiant statue that they wouldn't mind parting with? I'd like to have two of them flanking the entrance to my museum but only have one so far.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Here on Mickleton, O’Hare is crafting some Gold Armor Shoes. Leif is selling his wares in the plaza. Turnips are only 95, but help yourself to anything from the Nooklings or the Ables. Check out my new Improv Theater just south of the museum, and grab a pint at Micholaus’ Irish Pub on my second floor. Board art welcomed!

Also, Soleil is in boxes if anyone would like a snooty hamster.

Dodo code in the Wuh oh thread.

TL fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 5, 2021

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Beachcomber posted:

:hai:

I'm unreasonably upset that Label is standing in the plaza doing nothing while her sisters are working hard to support her not 100 feet away. I wanted some custom dialogue here.

Also: I have a lot of trouble getting 8 hits on a rock, even with corner backstops. Is there any trick to it I'm missing?

If you use an axe it doesn't push you backwards when you hit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Funky Valentine posted:

The entire north half of my island, which is already been the designated "nature reserve"/"I can't be assed with" area, is entirely covered by windflowers and I'm not even halfway done.

I'm doing something similar. I've got a forest in the center of my island and I'm just transplanting unneeded flowers there.