Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Are there any ways to get DIY recipes I'm missing? I'm aware of:
  • The recipe books in the shop.
  • Catching a villager at home when they're hammering at their work bench.
  • The bottles that wash up on shore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Quick question about turnip.exchange: should you be able to see the dodo code when you're in the top 3?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Hungry Computer posted:

Depends on which queue you mean. If you're in the wait queue, then no. If you're in the visitors queue, then yes. When you're in the visitors queue you name will be displayed next to one of the numbers. Sometimes you need to refresh after getting in to the visitors queue for it to actually update and show the "Click here" notification.

Ah, dang. I heard a bell ring and I was in the top 3 but didn't see a code so I kept waiting. Guess I should have refreshed. My bad to anyone I held up.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

If villagers are hammering at a work bench and giving out recipes can visitors learn those recipes too? I have a villager that just gave me the cutting board recipe. Wondering if that's still sought after.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Cutting board available from Caroline on the western half of the island. Red squirrel near waterfall.

HK3BV

I might be AFK. Please be nice.

Edit: Lol I might have to turnip.exchange this.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 23, 2020

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

topenga posted:

'Nip price (afternoon, northern hemisphere): 300
Island name: Thafurock
Island features: nothing special
Dodo Code: 3C7FX
Trying out this exchange thing: https://turnip.exchange/island/1a20c376

Thanks. Pitched in on the bridge.

Cutting board still available from Caroline on the western half of the island. Red squirrel near waterfall. New Dodo Code:

Edit: done crafting

I might be AFK.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 23, 2020

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Wilekat posted:

Caroline appears to have stopped. She wasn't in when i went to visit. Thanks anyway!

Gate closed. Thanks and sorry.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

LonelyMudkip posted:

It's my birthday today!

Happy Birthday! I was impressed by your island.

I’m also impressed by how bad the online in this game is.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Doji Sekushi posted:

Opening my island for a bit.

36RY7

Are you getting visitors? This code doesn't seem to work for me.

Edit: ^lol nevermind.

Edit 2: And now it's now letting me travel due to "interference". Thanks anyway. (God I hate the online in this game.)

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 1, 2020

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Carlosologist posted:

hey all, anyone have an Ironwood dresser DIY they can kindly spare or make for me? I've got a couple of hybrid flowers I can bring over

I don't have the DIY recipe but I can make one and give it to you. Come on over:

7K4RH

If you bring more wood and iron with you I'll make you multiples. I can do the same for cutting boards as well if you bring hard wood and iron.

If you have any laptops, computers, TVs, or arcade machines I could touch so as to catalog them that would be appreciated.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Blockhead posted:

Mind making me a couple too if I bring the mats? I have a few arcade machines I can bring for you to touch.

Sure, come on over.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

If anyone else wants Ironwood Dressers or Cutting Boards come on over with the necessary materials and I'll make some for you:

Edit: Closed.

Cutting board = 2 hardwood, 1 iron
Ironwood Dresser = 7 wood, 4 iron

If you have any of the following I would like to touch them for cataloging:
  • Computers/laptops
  • Arcade machines
  • Stoves/ovens/cooktops
  • Refrigerators

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 3, 2020

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have some very scary news.

I'm so sorry for what we're about to do to you...

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Guess I'm out here running an ironwood shop. If you want me to make any of these items for you then come on over to my island with the needed materials.

Edit: Done for the night.
  • Ironwood chair = 3 wood, 2 iron
  • Ironwood dresser = 7 wood, 4 iron
  • Ironwood low table = 6 wood, 4 iron
  • Ironwood cupboard = 12 wood, 6 iron, 1 Ironwood dresser (or an additional 7 wood, 4 iron)
  • Cutting board = 2 hardwood, 1 iron
  • Ironwood kitchenette 4 wood, 3 iron, 1 Ironwood dresser (or an additional 7 wood, 4 iron), 1 Cutting board (or 2 hardwood, 1 additional iron)
You can see what these look like here.

In return, if you could bring me any of the following items so I can touch and catalog them that would be great.
  • Computers or laptops
  • TVs
  • Large kitchen appliances
  • Large bathroom fixtures
  • Arcade stools
I'll meet you by the fountain outside the airport once you get here. Please feel free to poke around the island afterwards.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 4, 2020

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I see Redd and Celeste walking around while the 'someone is showing up' banner is on my screen... and I get jealous...

Just for conversation, why didn't you set up a queue on turnip.exchange? Is there a downside to that?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

lol, donated some ants to the museum and when I went to visit them I noticed this detail.

This game, what a charmer.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Centzon Totochtin posted:

How do I get the recipe for an ironwood dresser, I have like 3 or 4 things that need it but no way to make the actual dresser

I don't have the recipe to give you but if you stock up on iron and wood you can come to my island and I'll make you as many as you like. PM me to work out the details. I probably won't be available until tomorrow.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Gate is closed!

Thanks for the 3 hours of fun and hope a good chunk of you were able to sell early :shobon:

You are a patient, patient person. Thank you very much.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 4, 2020

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

:siren: Cutting board DIY :siren:

edit: closed

See Caroline the squirrel to the North West on the western island by the waterfall.

If anyone has any kitchen appliances, computers, laptops, or TVs I could touch to catalog them I would appreciate it.

Edit: Let me know if she stops by the time you get here. I have one extra I can give out or I can try to make you a few.

Edit 2: It's starting to storm where I live. Sorry in advance if I lose power.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 6, 2020

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

mdemone posted:

Ahhhh I had no idea about skipping convo text with R :psyduck:

What

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Can someone who's been to the dump island give me the lowdown on the etiquette there? Do we just friend request the owner (I saw their info in the Discord). Aside from walking around and politely touching stuff should I do anything else? Should I leave a tip?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Opening my island up.

BXNPG

If you want me to make you any of this stuff just show up with the ingredients and holler at me.
  • Cutting board = 2 hardwood, 1 iron
  • Ironwood dresser = 7 wood, 4 iron
  • Ironwood chair = 3 wood, 2 iron
  • Ironwood low table = 6 wood, 4 iron
  • Ironwood cupboard = 12 wood, 6 iron, 1 Ironwood dresser (or an additional 7 wood, 4 iron)
  • Ironwood kitchenette 4 wood, 3 iron, 1 Ironwood dresser (or an additional 7 wood, 4 iron), 1 Cutting board (or 2 hardwood, 1 additional iron)
In return, if you have any of the following I'd like to touch them so I can catalog them.
  • Computers or laptops
  • TVs
  • Large kitchen appliances
  • Bathroom fixtures
Not much else going on but you're welcome to poke around. Turnip prices are ghastly and Gruff is crafting... modeling clay???

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I think Nintendo's servers are down, I cannot get back to your island, McCrackAttack :(

Edit: yeah it must be. The Switch app on my phone was crashing when I tried talking with you when I was there

Thanks for the items though! I'd love to try for the other things again sometime, and I was going to bring you a big Cyprus Bathtub on my second go-around

Aw dang, I wish we had just run around and harvested the materials while you were here then. Sorry about that. PM me some other time and we'll finish up.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Does anyone have any of those floor lamps for sale? Like the circle ones that are embedded in the floor? I'm looking to start collecting them.

I have some purple floor lights in the "free" section near my shops.

Edit: Close for now.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The Rokit character is my secondary account that I plan on using for getting extra items etc

Yo, if you're free, swing by and lets finish your furniture order.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 10, 2020

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Boonoo posted:

Kabuki is making a bonsai table if anyone wants the recipe.

He’s in the south east corner.

438RY

Got a “1 or more consoles it’s not responding” error when I tried. In my experience that’s caused by a NAT type issue. Do you get a NAT type of B or better when you do the connection test in the Switch’s settings?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

eating only apples posted:

I desperately need kitchen stuff. I have all kinds of coffee machines, tea sets, mixers, etc strewn around a room but absolutely no counters or wall things. If anyone has a counter I can catalogue I'll pay. Or a DIY. Anything.

I know they exist, Henry's house is the cutest kitchen, but he refuses to give any of it up. I've been plying him with gifts for days.

If you come to my island with a lot of iron and wood I can make you an ironwood kitchenette and cupboard. Can also give an outdoor table.

Edit: Closed

If you could bring me some cool electronics or bathroom fixtures to touch that would be appreciated.

From this set I can make the...
  • Chair
  • Cupboard
  • Dresser
  • Kitchenette
  • Table
  • Low Table
Look at that page to figure how much iron and wood to bring. If you're a little short I'll try to spot you with what I have on hand.

Edit: vvv You're welcome to come get some dressers made. vvv

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 11, 2020

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

That’s great! (And depressing)

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

eating only apples posted:

Are the ironwood set the only kitchen counter-type things available?

The only craft-able ones that I'm aware of anyway. Someone with something buy-only might let you touch theirs so you can catalog it.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

a nigga who smoke posted:

Re-arranging my house so I'm opening up my island for some cataloguing.

Well, it was nice while it lasted. Thanks.

Time for my daily dose of “I hate the online in this game.”

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

When visiting someone's island, is it polite to ask permission before going in their house? Or is that silly and overly formal since houses are meant to be shown off?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I didn't know the skull wallpaper was glow in the dark!

This game is full of little surprises.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

A non goon friend time travelled to fix her rock garden and has Nooks buying turnips for 630 . She doesn't mind my sharing but please be nice!

Please tell them "Thank you!" and "Sorry for the goon rush."

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

So, I did it! I corralled all my rocks together in a rock garden!

https://twitter.com/Silver_FalconSA/status/1262044438982885376?s=20

Total pain in the rear end. Wouldn't have attempted it if I wasn't stuck at home on lockdown. But I am. So I did.

Wait... how do you do this? You didn't just smash them every day until they starting showing up in that one spot, did you? :ohdear:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I can't decide if that's more or less crazy.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

:siren:Cutting board DIY:siren:

Code here.

Also take some stuff off my junk beach near the shop.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

Why is the cutting board DIY treated like such a big deal? Is it rare or worth a lot? I'm pretty sure it was one of the first ones I got when I started playing and didn't realize it was so sought after

The obsessive hunt for Animal Crossing’s most notorious item – the ironwood kitchenette

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

McCracAttack posted:

:siren:Cutting board DIY:siren:

Code here.

Also take some stuff off my junk beach near the shop.

30 minute warning.

Also, lol at whoever ran trough my house and turned all the faucets on. What is this “wet bandit” poo poo?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

mdemone posted:

The netcode in this game is so insanely weird. Maybe there are good reasons why it has to be, I dunno.

I know it will never happen because "Nintendo", but I would love to know why this game's online plays like they never actually hooked it up to the internet and tested it with real people. Jokes about Nintendo being bad at the internet aside, they made two Splatoon games. Someone there knows something about the internet.

Or was it design from the ground up just for "you and your friends" and they didn't anticipate how folks would actually use it?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Now I'm wondering if they had the wherewithal to build in reporting tools to see how everyone's actually playing it.

"Wait, why does everyone in North America have 5 million bells in the bank, their homes paid off, and the entire Ironwood set after the first month?"

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Turnips @ 570

Edit: Sorry if this gets rushed. I used Lloid in the Discord for a couple of hours but that ran dry because someone else had turnips in there at 670. So I figured I would open up for the "masses" instead.

Edit 2: I know the Discord can be a lot if you've never used it before, but Lloid really is a great resource and it's worth figuring out. Big thanks to whomever set that up.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Busy day on my island...

Celeste is here. Check the beach to the left of the airport. Turnips are also 185 but you can probably do better elsewhere.

Dodo code here.