Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Do you get nook miles much faster later? It sucks to blow 2k of them to go get a new island friend and have it be someone I don't really like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man I wish they'd just bite the bullet and have the equivalent of Mystery Trade for this, where you open your island to a random person and you get sent to their island in return

Put it behind nine pages of legal disclaimers I don't care I just want nintendo to join the 20th century

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

benisntfunny posted:

is CJ and some boring freebies actually interesting enough to people to open my island? First time he's visited for me.

I just like seeing other people's islands because they're rad. I've only had the game a week so it's inspiring to know that eventually my island won't be so boring and empty

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Do you eventually get some way to more easily make paths and stuff or are people just really good at manually placing each and every piece of road or item

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Look nintendo, I know you haven't been making games for very long, but it seems pretty freakin obvious that a DIY stand in my house should be able to pull crafting materials from storage instead of just my pockets

I swear to god they do this stuff on purpose

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm okay with the new progression system in general but boy howdy bridges are loving expensive for how necessary they might be depending on your layout. Nook, you're an rear end in a top hat t:mad:t

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Terraforming is heresy and if you do it the gods will judge you harshly imo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

It's at least worth using it to put stepping stones in your water so you never need to use the vaulting pole again outside of nook islands

Why would I choose to stop using the most fun thing in the game

Seriously sometimes I just hop around my island it's great

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I put tons of furniture outside, as long as it's like, outside type furniture. I have an awesome little cafe and chill zone outside my house

Time traveling doesn't bother me at all because this time it seems likely that most of what happens in the future will be patched in so it's a legit trade off

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm sorry it took me 3 days to figure out I was supposed to bring you medicine, Mira :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've only had the game a couple weeks so my island is nothing special right now aside from the little area I've been making to chill by the river and listen to tunes. Not sure what turnip prices are, I'll come back and edit that in

If you wanna swing by and just check it out, dodo is KQTGP. I'm watching a movie so I might be idling on the bench by my house.

Oh, and Leif is here too

Edit: turnips are 154

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just smh if fully 1/4 of your island isn't an obsessively arranged orchard

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

jimmydalad posted:

Saturday Night Live did a sketch featuring Animal Crossing.

https://youtu.be/MLGCYXk7Er8

Not sure it’s the funniest, but I do enjoy Melissa Villasenor and I couldn’t help but notice that she had the Animal Crossing Switch.

That's great lol

I kinda wish someone would do a whole Dark Secret of Animal Crossing 2

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah I want that floor! :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What do you think would happen if everyone who owns this had their island open at the same time

Would Isabelle achieve sentience

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is Redd guaranteed to have a real painting the first time you see him or did I just get lucky (it's Girl With a Pearl Earring so I got lucky either way, really)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If anyone wants to visit my scrappy lil place, i've got a cafe with tunes playing, a jam zone, an orchard with Apples, Peaches, Oranges and Pears (help yourself), and Able Sisters have some cool stuff and if you wanna help me finish my first ramp that would be cool

Dodo is closed

precision fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 19, 2020

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Thank you for all the bells toward my ramp and the nice words, goon whose name I forgot :shobon:

I also discovered 140k in my bank account, can you deposit money in other people's ATMs? If so, double thanks!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

gey muckle mowser posted:

No, you can’t access other people’s Nook terminals at all. Probably from selling stuff to the night drop box?

Wait, that money goes in there

Oh my god I'm stupid lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jesus christ I just caught an oarfish :stonk:

Between that and the drat centipedes this game is making me anxious :ohdear:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
itt it's kinda bullshit that you can ever get villagers permanently without them asking. I bought a new plot and went island hopping but met nobody, came back and it was bought by Walt, who I've never even met :mad:

I know Samurai Kangaroo is cool and highly sought after but I was looking for more cute or cool villagers, the only good ones I have are O'Hare and Mira :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My three best villagers are Doc, Mira and O'Hare

I might legit end up with bunny island

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Having to store turnips is the #1 reason I don't play the turnip market yet

Nintendo, why

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gonna open up for a bit. Come enjoy my museum and riverside campsite!

Gladys is DIYing Wooden Mosaic Wall

Orchard is in bloom

Nook's has infinite Guitar Amps if you need one

Leif is here

Dodo is FH2MH

Fake edit: don't bother checking turnips, they're at 59 lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well the game definitely wants me to have a themed island. Doc, Mira, O'Hare, and now Bunnie.

Last night Doc and Mira were drinking tea in the plaza. It was adorable :3:

Do villagers only walk around with drinks if you have a drink machine out? Do they use snack machines?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Waffle! posted:

Forgot I was in the private thread when I posted, so here goes.

Carcosa is open!

There was someone dressed like Majima!!!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gonna open up again while I'm puttering around since it's raining super hard and rare fish seem to be pretty common right now. Turnips are low and I've got nothing special going on other than Leif. Ables have some good clothes though, if you like the 60s hippie stuff.

Dodo is 45LXF. Probably leave it open for a while, I'm just watching TV with my roommate and her girlfriend

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

E-flat posted:

Oooofff I forgot to plant the flowers I brought since it seemed like you had started recently. But I did leave a message on your board! In case you were afk I like your island layout a lot and I look forward to visiting again! Thanks for opening. :)

Edit: in other news I’m opening up for a bit, just ‘cause. Saharah is here. I got a Server-room wall and Western desert floor, very mysterious. The rug is a black wooden-deck rug.

Dodo code is DMSMC

Yeah I was idle when you left, the drawing rocks :3: I'll swing on by yours!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I thought Raymond was overrated and then I met him and now I'm sad the game hasn't given me any of the really special ones yet

My boy O'Hare is really growing on me though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've been playing for what, 2 or 3 weeks and still don't have any recipes for pavement lol

Also Flick has never visited me :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've caught like 10 turtles, I had no idea they were rare :shobon:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You uh, you buy them from the nook miles machine

I'm incredibly dumb lol thanks

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
And I still have to manually take crafting materials out of storage like a peasant

Seriously if they don't patch that I will go bonkers

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Or just have basic materials not take inventory space. Let me carry 99 of every wood, rock and stone at all times. This would not compromise your artistic vision, Nintendo, I promise

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Went island hopping for my ninth villager and found Fauna on my third ticket. I'll take it! She's always been one of my favorites :3:

I'm gonna save up a million nook tickets for villager #10 though

Also I wish Goose would move out :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The fact that you have to specifically use an unidentified fossil to make the door plate is masterful trolling

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mira sent me a letter that said she used to wear black spiky leather jackets and have neon hair

She's hardcore man

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just now got the second, less obvious joke with O'Hare's name lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Not much going on in my place but Gladys is DIYing Woodland Wall, which is really dope!

Dodo is 2HQYG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oh hey I finally got non amiibo camper since the tutorial smug

aw gently caress

I hate you

For my last villager, I'll take any of: Raymond, Agent S, Marshal, Tangy, Ankha, Peanut... I feel like there are enough that I want that my odds should be decent

Right now I've got Mira, Doc, Goose, Flora, Bunnie, Fauna, O'Hare, Walt and Gladys. Goose is the only one I don't like.

Lol I just realized I have FLORA AND FAUNA they better become friends