Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Rumbash Gaul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Illuminado posted:

It's frustrating to try to put into words specifically why I disagree with the point that we shouldn't be celebrating the death of a man, and I'd agree that the issue is ghoulish on its face, but I'm unable to think there isn't some deeper issue here.

Rush Limbaugh engineered a media empire that spanned decades. He was able to raise his status, gain credence, and turn his twisted tongue in ways to harness the most base of our human instincts and play midwife to the rampant culture wars that have only escalated in the preceding decades.

I don't have a problem with people not being sad he's dead or even recognizing that it's good he won't be around to do his show anymore and maybe being happy about that. But there's a big line between that and the people saying they hope he suffers and rots in hell and his family gets sick and all that stuff. That is just them getting off on human suffering and being sadistic and hateful. And people are pointing out that it's not good to be like that and how maybe you shouldn't give in to those same "base human instincts" that Rush Limbaugh tried to bring out in people and they respond with "u mad, racist???"

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
maybe if more of these ghouls actually died instead of getting robo hearts and mysteriously getting jumped to the top of organ donor lists people would be less bloodthirsty about individuals when it does happen

my point is steal the richs' organs and robo hearts

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This thread, unlike the subject as of yet, seems to have run its course. Im putting it on end of life support, so feel free to save your best zingers for when his broadcast stops being live.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Barudak posted:

This thread, unlike the subject as of yet, seems to have run its course. Im putting it on end of life support, so feel free to save your best zingers for when his broadcast stops being live.

rush limbo

because the bar is so low

set even lower by my posting

I hope he loving dies like the fat bitch he is

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
No bad methods, only bad targets :getin:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

This thread should stay open until Rush croaks and then it can become the official "Rush Dead" celebration thread.

If we have to put up with a bunch of bullshit :decorum: posts to get there, then so be it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain Rufus posted:

Some folks just want to show a little class instead of becoming like the monsters all good folks here "fight".

When they go low you go high? How's that been working out for you? Because looking around, it doesn't seem to be too effective.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Schweinhund posted:

I don't have a problem with people not being sad he's dead or even recognizing that it's good he won't be around to do his show anymore and maybe being happy about that. But there's a big line between that and the people saying they hope he suffers and rots in hell and his family gets sick and all that stuff. That is just them getting off on human suffering and being sadistic and hateful. And people are pointing out that it's not good to be like that and how maybe you shouldn't give in to those same "base human instincts" that Rush Limbaugh tried to bring out in people and they respond with "u mad, racist???"

Ok boomer :jerkbag:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

ok bigot

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

this is ageism

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

youre posted:

he looks good after losing a few pounds
Mostly in his lungs

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

this is ageism

:lmao:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Schweinhund posted:

the people saying they hope he suffers and rots in hell and his family gets sick and all that stuff.

Alex Trebek announced he had cancer and the only person who said "May he rot in hell!" was Sean Connery.

he also said "I hope he shuffers and his whole family gets shick"

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i hope this is a chance for rush to understand how broken our healthcare system is for anyone not born into means but im pretty sure itll just shore up his superiority complex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Is he dead yet