Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Bust Rodd posted:

I found the spicy nugget sauce to be all heat no flavor and never tried it again after my first bite. It’s poop!

Oh yeah it wasn’t good, but it was spicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
So not only did they announce the McPlant and a new chicken sandwich, they apparently are doing something to the buns:

quote:

These include using new buns toasted to golden brown and an enhanced grilling approach to unlock more flavor," McDonald's said in a press release.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

New flavour UNLOCKED!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Oh great they're gonna use the same gross cheap rear end Wonder buns that DQ and every other lesser chain uses, that strangely fall apart and are always slightly stale

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
How often does McDonalds switch to the next toy in a particular Happy Meal promotion?

Right now it's a line based off the new Mickey Mouse ride at Disney. It started this week and I have toy #1. Any guess on when toy 2 would drop? Next week?

----------------

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jose Oquendo posted:

How often does McDonalds switch to the next toy in a particular Happy Meal promotion?

Right now it's a line based off the new Mickey Mouse ride at Disney. It started this week and I have toy #1. Any guess on when toy 2 would drop? Next week?

:chloe:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Lockdown getting to you, bud?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Are the books at mcdonalds any good

----------------

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
As an old lovely person I can say a happy meal is honestly the perfect amount of fast food. Sometimes should be a med fries instead of the small though

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's probably a normal-sized meal in like 1950.

----------------

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Jose Oquendo posted:

how extensive is your happy meal toy collection?

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sing Along posted:

give them a minute to invent a child real quick

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

TheAardvark posted:

give them a minute to invent a child real quick

Takes about nine months in my experience actually

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Killingyouguy! posted:

New flavour UNLOCKED!

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I miss the chicken tenders. They were not the best on earth, but way better than frozen bake at home ones. The very last time I had them, they were fresh out of the machine that cooks the tendies, I had to wait for them. And they were great. McNuggets are the same format and come from the same animal, but are an entirely different product.

The fancy chicken sandwiches are similar to the lost tenders. Is there a way I can order a sandwich with 3x fancy chicken patties, remove buns and toppings, without paying for 3 full fancy chicken sandwiches???

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the chicken strip sandwich off the value menu at sonic is like that but the sonic strips are way breadier than the superior mcd's selects

----------------

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I drove to McDonalds to order Spicy Nugs and they told me the item was discontinued and I peeled out of the drive through over a curb through traffic, tears in my eyes.

----------------

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

As an old lovely person I can say a happy meal is honestly the perfect amount of fast food. Sometimes should be a med fries instead of the small though

Yeah, I haven't been to McD's in a minute, but lately I've been going for the small combos and it's quite nice. Sure the large sizes are a better value, but then I have to eat a mountain of fries and a gallon of Dr. Pepper.

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bust Rodd posted:

I drove to McDonalds to order Spicy Nugs and they told me the item was discontinued and I peeled out of the drive through over a curb through traffic, tears in my eyes.

I never got to try them because they were out at my local within a week and never got more.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Bust Rodd posted:

That came out like a month ago. What kind of clowns are running this place?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Was the Szechuan sauce any good? I didn't care to attempt getting any when they had the fiasco rolling it out.

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I miss the chicken tenders. They were not the best on earth, but way better than frozen bake at home ones. The very last time I had them, they were fresh out of the machine that cooks the tendies, I had to wait for them. And they were great. McNuggets are the same format and come from the same animal, but are an entirely different product.

The fancy chicken sandwiches are similar to the lost tenders. Is there a way I can order a sandwich with 3x fancy chicken patties, remove buns and toppings, without paying for 3 full fancy chicken sandwiches???

They were some of my favorite fast food tenders. Better than Canes for sure.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Chicken selects were good, the problem was that they cost ninety dollars.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

RIP Spicy Nugs

you were *shrug* good enough

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Does that mean RIP to the hot sauce dip that came with the spicy nuggs? It was some good poo poo and was actually spicy for a fast-food joint.

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
Anyone else had the new breakfast pastry things? I think it's a blueberry muffin, apple fritter, and cinnamon bun. They suck IMO. I really liked the muffins they used to have back before they slashed the menu when covid started (the cranberry orange one was FANTASTIC), but these new ones are just dry crumbs and sugar glaze.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The apple fritter isn’t bad. About the same as the 7/11 one.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I got the muffin for free with my coffee cuz of da app, but I took it home and toasted it and slathered it in butter and of course it was delicious

----------------

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Blueberry muffin was fine. Apple fritter was dry and terrible. Neither are worth the calories.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Sing Along posted:

The 3 from this particular promotion. No kids. They're for my shelf of shameful poo poo.

n8r posted:

Blueberry muffin was fine. Apple fritter was dry and terrible. Neither are worth the calories.

Yeah I can't imagine those being good. Give me an apple pie any day of the week.

----------------

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Jose Oquendo posted:

The 3 from this particular promotion. No kids. They're for my shelf of shameful poo poo.

Can we get a picture?

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thinkin bout them nuggos and fries

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Chicken McBiscuit isn't as good as the McGriddle.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It would be if they just served it with cheese

----------------

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bust Rodd posted:

It would be if they just served it with cheese

:hai:

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The Chicken McBiscuit isn't as good as the McGriddle.

McChicken McGriddle.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
No way the chicken mcmuffin etc is any good, when that showed up on the menu I was like haha gtfo you're just trying to unload surplus Junior Chicken patties

May as well put the CHicken Mac on the menu (I could go for a McArabia though, sincerely)

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Just ate 40 nuggs and 2 large fries as part of a virtual eating challenge between me and 2 friends via zoom. We were all able to finish, but there were no winners.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Is the mcrib back yet, friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Is the mcrib back yet, friends?

tomorrow