Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Back when I worked there as a teenager, I liked to make big macs but with sausage and egg instead of the normal two beef patties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Now that they use allegedly fresh beef, the quarter pounder with cheese is actually better than the Wendy's 1/4 lb single.

Wendy's hamburger meat hasn't been very good for a while.

That's my Hot Take for the day.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sean10mm posted:

Now that they use allegedly fresh beef, the quarter pounder with cheese is actually better than the Wendy's 1/4 lb single.

Wendy's hamburger meat hasn't been very good for a while.

That's my Hot Take for the day.

Yeah, but the Baconator

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, but the Baconator

Bacon sucks and I hate it, bacon is the most overpowering flavor and it dominates any food it’s in. I want to taste the cheese and the burger and the tomato, and but all you get is bacon. Just the worst.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bust Rodd posted:

Bacon sucks and I hate it, bacon is the most overpowering flavor and it dominates any food it’s in. I want to taste the cheese and the burger and the tomato, and but all you get is bacon. Just the worst.

Tomato belongs in the trash, sorry :colbert:

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

You’re both wrong which is why the best burger at Wendy’s is the Big Bacon Classic which has a normal amount of bacon, along with lettuce tomato onion and pickles.

I hate it when fast food places make the giant 1500 calorie burgers weird picky eater poo poo like stacks of beef bacon cheese and burger sauce with no veggies. I can be a fat gently caress with no regard for my health and still appreciate the texture and contrast of some raw onion.

To add some McDonald’s content for the McDonalds thread, they always have had a hell of time pulling off this type of basic classic American burger. Closest thing on the menu is maybe a Deluxe Quarter Pounder and the proportions are just all off. Too much mayo and too wilty of lettuce.

Pakistani Brad Pitt fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 16, 2020

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Mayo should never be on a hamburger.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BaconCopter posted:

Mayo should never be on a hamburger.

is this revenge for the bacon slam? *shoots a comically large amount of mustard on your sandwich*

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Tried the double Big Mac tonight. It was basically a big mac but harder to eat and fell apart. Maybe that was due to the careless construction of my particular sandwich. Taste wise it was exactly like a regular big mac. Probably won't get one again but it wasn't bad. I think the ideal big mac would be with 1/4 pound patties.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Added bacon to a mcdouble and it transcended what could reasonably be expected for a few bucks worth of fast food.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Added bacon to a mcdouble and it transcended what could reasonably be expected for a few bucks worth of fast food.

That's a Double Beef 'n' Bacon, but with pickles.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Previa_fun posted:

Tried the double Big Mac tonight. It was basically a big mac but harder to eat and fell apart. Maybe that was due to the careless construction of my particular sandwich. Taste wise it was exactly like a regular big mac. Probably won't get one again but it wasn't bad. I think the ideal big mac would be with 1/4 pound patties.

I braved disease to get one the other day because I was tired of eating things at home, and yeah. I thought it was "fine." Mine also fell apart in transit or something and I think the sauce ratio was a little off. But fine.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I want that one with the chicken and bacon on the fancy bun that they only have at the more fancier McDonald’ses

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Big Mac experience is totally ruined by the pile of shredded lettuce. The DBL 1/4 Pounder is the superior burg.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I enjoy the $1 McChicken quite a bit. Really, a smorgasbord of dollar menu items in a bag is the most pro tier of eats, especially when I used to smoke weed.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Once I got ripped and ordered 2 McDoubles, no pickle, add Mac Sauce, and a large Fries and the total was exactly 4.20 and me and the cashier both said “sick” at the same time.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Bust Rodd posted:

The Big Mac experience is totally ruined by the pile of shredded lettuce. The DBL 1/4 Pounder is the superior burg.

Only improved by buying two, removing the top bun and pickles of one, for a bootleg half pounder with the ideal proportion of bread and pickles. If you can be bothered, remove the pickles from the top one, so the remaining pickles are in the very centre of the burger.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
When I lived in Thailand, I used to order McDonalds delivery sometimes. I haven't lived there for a few years now, but I still get the promotional emails from them.

This was in today's:

:gonk:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Southeast Asian continental McDonalds is the final frontier of wild poo poo.

I've been meaning to post this for a while from McDonalds Vietnam.

What is the LD50 on kiwifruit because that looks like its approaching it for immunocompromised people.

Beef, egg, teriatki sauce and crisp onion. Badass.

An actual respectable meal, from McDonalds. Who'd have ever imagined this?

And served under the "Meals for Babies" category heading?

A goddamn fried chicken loosey. Just what a colicy infant needs.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

I'm pretty sure that could be delicious, with the extreme wildcard being the quality of cheese available at a Thai McDonalds. But the concept seems sound.

McDonalds should really have some faith in the American public and sell their actual international menu in the USA somewhere. Like, I get they can't scale that to every franchisee in Buttfuck, Indiana but why not have a Taco Bell Cantina sort of place in Vegas and big cities? Put some beer on tap to evoke Euro McDonalds, let me get that Indian samosa burger thing or some crazy Thai monstrosity like above, etc.

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

My hometown's only fast food place is a McDonalds that opened when I was a teen, so it was operated by greasy high school boys who knew everyone. Once one of the kid's notoriously drunk/angry dads went through the drive-thru and they wrapped his single cheeseburger with oh, about 50 wrappers. He just kept unwrapping and unwrapping getting more and more pissed. The kid definitely got severely beaten but it was a very good story to pass around town.

Relevant question: Did they change the Big Mac sauce recipe? I had one for the first time in years and the sauce was SO sweet, completely ruined the sandwich.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
McDonald’s has added sugar to their Mac Sauce, BBQ sauce, and Ketchup recipes every year since 1998.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Have we figured out any gauntlets for McD's? I need new gang tags and Avs

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Derpies posted:

Have we figured out any gauntlets for McD's? I need new gang tags and Avs

McNugget Century Club.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Who the gently caress goes to McDonald and gets burger???

The real reason for go is hotcakes

Fancy people go to brunch. You too can go to brunch, with all your friends! Macdonald hot cake

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Teriyaki burger in Japan is great. They had a lot of other things on the menu that I wanted to try but even for me eating multiple meals at Japan in McDonalds seemed a bit much.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Killingyouguy! posted:

Fancy people go to brunch. You too can go to brunch, with all your friends! Macdonald hot cake

I haven't had McDonalds breakfast in a while. I just looked at the online menu.

They have a big breakfast with hotcakes AND STEAK?!!!!

$5.19 gets you:

Scrambled eggs
biscuit
hash brown
hotcakes
and mother fuckin steak.

That's one of the best deals in the fast food industry.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Killingyouguy! posted:

I haven't had their hotcakes in at least 20 years and I still think about them. They were sweet and tender, drenched in fake butter and drowned in fake maple syrup and so, so goddamn good.

I'm afraid if I slip even once I'll be back on the wagon, just getting McDonald hotcakes every drat day of the week...

If they sold them in a legit stacks I might go crazy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lmao what? I get a big breakfast with hot cakes probably 1-2 a month. I’m sorry but they are just the best pancakes. I could never make them as sweet and buttery at home.

I sub square egg out for a round McMuffin egg and put it and the sausage on the biscuit and eat the sandwhich while the butter and syrup soak into my hot cakes.

If I’m stoned I wolf down the hot crispy hashbrown immediately. If Not then I leave it for last and pick it into tiny bits to savor the crispiness

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hey gently caress that bootsy loving mcdonalds that s on columbus. I put the RIght loving order in the app and the app lets me do it but NO you loving have to make me scan my card inside because theres an error on the app. Straighten that poo poo up

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Sevral of my local Mcdonalds got COVID infections and randomly shutdown and it took a bunch of nextdoor detectives to figure it out. Maybe we should just chill on the fast food as it pains me to say it.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
My previous statement being said if u eat 100 buggies u deserve a prize and I gotta get some gang tags back ya'll.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Derpies posted:

Sevral of my local Mcdonalds got COVID infections and randomly shutdown and it took a bunch of nextdoor detectives to figure it out. Maybe we should just chill on the fast food as it pains me to say it.

Hm, so I'm guessing the one Starbucks in town that hasn't reopened is probably because of this.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Hot cakes loving suck poo poo, chicken/double sausage mcmuffin with egg + hash brown + black coffee is the one true mcds breakfast.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

McDonald's has lost their touch ever since they stopped putting Mary Lou Retton in a corvette and having her repeat burger incantations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9wUCL4uGNI

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

shadow puppet of a posted:

McDonald's has lost their touch ever since they stopped putting Mary Lou Retton in a corvette and having her repeat burger incantations.

double double cheese cheese burger burger please! I am not generally a nostalgia person but this seems way better than anything happening at mcdonald's right now. the whole thing gave me weird feelings, I'm sure this ad etched into my brain at a very early age.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shadow puppet of a posted:

I'm I the only one disturbed by the onions(?) being integrated with the meat?

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm I the only one disturbed by the onions(?) being integrated with the meat?

I also took note of that; not sure if I disliked it. but I noticed.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I just found out recently that you can order a double Big Mac, they just double up the patties. But it fixes the meat/bread ratio and makes it the real sizable, filling sandwich that a Big Mac should be. Let’s be real, the regular Big Mac is pathetic as their flagship burger, it shouldn’t leave you hungry. And I’m a guy that gets full off a small fry and McChicken, not some hefty ubergoon. But I appreciate getting a big sandwich that I can barely finish but still being on the right side of stuffed every now and then and the regular Big Mac doesn’t do it for me.

e: I just now saw the post on the last page also making light of the existence of the double Big Mac.

Laslow fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Laslow posted:

I just found out recently that you can order a double Big Mac, they just double up the patties. But it fixes the meat/bread ratio and makes it the real sizable, filling sandwich that a Big Mac should be. Let’s be real, the regular Big Mac is pathetic as their flagship burger, it shouldn’t leave you hungry. And I’m a guy that gets full off a small fry and McChicken, not some hefty ubergoon. But I appreciate getting a big sandwich that I can barely finish but still being on the right side of stuffed every now and then and the regular Big Mac doesn’t do it for me.

e: I just now saw the post on the last page also making light of the existence of the double Big Mac.

BK's Big King XL is what you are really looking for. As an urbergoon eating just one of those boys will slow down your whole afternoon. Two will cancel your evening plans outright.