Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

BK's Big King XL is what you are really looking for. As an urbergoon eating just one of those boys will slow down your whole afternoon. Two will cancel your evening plans outright.
I saw that on the menu last time I was at BK but I wussed out and got a single Whopper. Even looking at the picture of it was imposing. I’ll gain the courage the next time I seriously want to burg out since BK’s right up the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

double double cheese cheese burger burger please! I am not generally a nostalgia person but this seems way better than anything happening at mcdonald's right now. the whole thing gave me weird feelings, I'm sure this ad etched into my brain at a very early age.

Technically they should've also said please twice :colbert:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Just got two mcchicken breakfast sandos. Not great. I slathered Pikapeppa sauce all over it before noticing the buffalo dips in the bag. Also... I had to go through the loving drive-through twice????

First time she said "We don't see your order on here." so I went off to the side.

Went through again, this time with a fuckin' line, and it was there.

My rating on the mcchickeny breakfast things: whatever. It's fine.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
i like hambahga

just bob fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 26, 2020

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Look, the chicken McGriddles are where it's at. Get a ton of hashbrowns and give up on life. You've peaked.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

everything they serve is so weirdly dry

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

empty sea posted:

Look, the chicken McGriddles are where it's at. Get a ton of hashbrowns and give up on life. You've peaked.

i've really been abusing the $2 chicken mcgriddle and hashbrown deal

agreed that it's dry, i dump syrup on it when i get home. gently caress you pancreas

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

at most other fast food places i'm a mayo/mustard guy. it would be inconceivable of me to ask for mayo on a mcdonalds burger. anyone else the same

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

i say swears online posted:

at most other fast food places i'm a mayo/mustard guy. it would be inconceivable of me to ask for mayo on a mcdonalds burger. anyone else the same

for sure, the flavor balance would be thrown off

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
The only item on the menu mayo works is the mcchicken, which for a buck are pretty decent.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
there's a DD and a mcdonald's within a block of either near where i live, and i am quite tempted to grab a sausage egg and cheese griddle, then grab hash browns & and iced coffee from DD on the way back to my apartment :btroll:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

microwaving this two-day-old mcdouble without shame or hesitation

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I miss the bottled big Mac and mcchicken sauces

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I have never considered adding it, although the quarter pounder with the mayo + lettuce + tomato on it is surprisingly good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Trying this new thing where I reserve myself to only spend five bucks whenever I go to fast food, cutting back on fries. just enjoying a quick savory snack like a cheap cheeseburger or some crispy nuggos

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's so obvious I don't know why I never thought about it but I HATE how burgers turn to mush in the fridge, all you gotta do is order it without condiments and bam, you're solid!

I did this at a&w recently and it worked great, onion, lettuce, pickles and even tomato dont totally ruin the experience.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Mcdouble's reheat pretty well, which is pretty rare for the McD's. The nuggets reheat good in the oven and so do the fries if you mind the temp/time because they burn quick as hell. I know this because I once was drunk af and ordered that 40 chicken nuggets and 2 large fries deal and couldn't finish it, but didn't want to waste half of it the next day.

I dip my reheated mcdoubles in ketchup or sweet and sour because yeah, they are weirdly dry.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m sorry but I would sooner drive back to McDonald’s to buy fresh French fries than reheat cold fries in the microwave

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m sorry but I would sooner drive back to McDonald’s to buy fresh French fries than reheat cold fries in the microwave

I like cold McD's fries :shrug:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I've always wondered why McDonald's gets such a bad rep in the USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMaW6TamNAc

Now I get it. What the gently caress, America?

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
When I worked there, I'd hook people up with sauce on both sides of the bun, until the manager said 'no only on the top of the bun!'

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

excellent bird guy posted:

When I worked there, I'd hook people up with sauce on both sides of the bun, until the manager said 'no only on the top of the bun!'
Same but extra salad dressing

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

it's probably quarantine madness, but i have a newfound appreciation for the basic cheeseburger. obviously the individual components are terrible, but i like the balance and simplicity of a single patty, cheese, and bun. i definitely don't need any more of any of those ingredients, but together they're not bad.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

it's probably quarantine madness, but i have a newfound appreciation for the basic cheeseburger. obviously the individual components are terrible, but i like the balance and simplicity of a single patty, cheese, and bun. i definitely don't need any more of any of those ingredients, but together they're not bad.

Quarter pounder w/ cheese's beef is treated differently than basic burgers now, btw.

They do the whole "refrigerated, not frozen" shtick and yeah - there's a biiiig difference.

Use the app - get the buy 1, get 1 - deal, and try holding the ketchup: substitute sriracha. :getin:

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

maccas here in Australia started serving burgers with a deep-fried slab of mozzarella in them. I'm a big fan of cheese so I thought it would be great. big mistake.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Dell_Zincht posted:

Do wish we had McGriddles down here. I love me the breakfast mcmuffins.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Dell_Zincht posted:

McDonald's gets a bad rep? This video clearly shows USA McDonald's as superior.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Anyone reading the Subway thread knows that the UK is not capable of carrying out simple, safe and sane American franchise operations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

shadow puppet of a posted:

Anyone reading the Subway thread knows that the UK is not capable of carrying out simple, safe and sane American franchise operations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Went to my regular location and was charged two dollars apiece to sub the folded egg for round egg

literally doubled the cost of my order. rip the only real secret menu item

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sometimes they charge you for it and sometimes they don’t and I am always too sleepy or high to ask about it.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I wish the Hot N Spicy were a nationwide item. It's a spicy Mcchicken for a buck which is the perfect food.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

halokiller posted:

I wish the Hot N Spicy were a nationwide item. It's a spicy Mcchicken for a buck which is the perfect food.

I love it. The only downside is a Hot N Spicy McChicken McGriddle is . . . . I wish I had the regular McChicken for that one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fanelien posted:

maccas here in Australia started serving burgers with a deep-fried slab of mozzarella in them. I'm a big fan of cheese so I thought it would be great. big mistake.

Hardees/Carl Jr's did that in America for a minute, although with a different kind of cheese. It was awful.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

And finally the Hot n Spicy appears here in Seattle!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

halokiller posted:

And finally the Hot n Spicy appears here in Seattle!

It's been on the menu for twenty years, seriously?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Only in the south I think.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Yeah it was mainly a southern/regional thing. I tried to get it a few months ago up here but had to settle for the far inferior mcchicken.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

We've always had it in Colorado (at least the past 2 decades that I've lived here). Why y'all hate spice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Some places have both some places only have one.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.