Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Spicy chicken, biscuits, and blackened ranch dipping sauce for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

There was one in my city for like a year and I miss these poboys like you wouldn't believe

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

qnqnx posted:

There was one in my city for like a year and I miss these poboys like you wouldn't believe

had poboys in pennsylvania made by the amish. it wasn't fast food, but it was truly godlike

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Still can’t get into mine. It’s always full!

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
My fav....

My local one is filthy but has a very smart strategy where they have signs up everywhere, "No chicken sandwiches". For months. But if you go inside they have them ready to sell lol. I stick with daily specials so this crowd control benefits me !

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
They need to give up, in Toledo.

One location was shut down for a cockroach infestation during that crazy viral chicken sandwich madness, a few months ago. The other one in the sketchy part of town will take 30 minutes to get 3 cars through the drive-thru, while homeless tap on your window glass for money.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Why do other fast food chains exist when we could have rows of Popeye's instead?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Never had it, how does it compare to Church’s?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

5 spicy strips box with a bunch of biscuits and a shitton of bbq sauce is my usual popeyes order

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
when i went to new orleans i went to popeyes and it was fucker good now my home state finally has one and it isnt as good but still pretty good

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I don't live near a popeye's anymore and I miss it a whole bunch :saddowns:

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Every Popeye's I've been to has been terribly run - slow, gets your order wrong constantly, forgets to give you poo poo then accusws you ofnlyinh, etc. But the chicken id always good so people come back anyway

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I talked about this elsewhere (I think peace thread) but for years I was told Popeyes was good. I had no Popeyes near me, I had never even seen one but I saw their commercials. Then I moved, and there was a popeyes conveniently located on the highway near my new apartment. Let eat.

Except let not eat ever again because I don't know if it was just that I have the worst Popeyes on the planet, or if the internet has collectively decided to troll me, but everything I ate there tasted awful. The chicken was bad, the shrimp was bad, the biscuits were dry and miserable, it sucked.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

for years there was one Popeyes in my city, located miles away from me. then one opened right in my neighborhood. that event was the single most deleterious thing to happen to my general health in my entire life

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Went to Popeyes this week. They gave me regular chicken instead of the tenders. It was fine, but difficult to eat on the go. The breading isn't very crispy either :(

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

me and my brother hit up popeyes this past weekend

the new spicy chicken sandwich is good stuff

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
"Louisiana fast" is a goddamn lie. Popeyes always slow as gently caress.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

i grew up in the south, and nothing is getting done quickly in any sense of the word anywhere

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I dunno why but the chicken tenders seem too salty now. They hosed it up

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Also the good sides are red beans and rice and Cajun fries, with Mac and cheese a distant third.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

make sure you put Cajun Sparkle on the mac n cheese :yum:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Starks posted:

Also the good sides are red beans and rice and Cajun fries, with Mac and cheese a distant third.

The red beans and rice is so loving good but holy poo poo the calories. I usually go with the mac and cheese because it's somehow significantly less caloric.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
the last thing i ate from there was lemonade icebox pie, which was incredible

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

There are a few Popeye's here locally now and they are so terrible, it must be a local thing.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2

- Wisdom of the ages.
I lived in one city where the Popeyes had been built in the past two decades and were good and cleaned regularly, I lived in another where it was hit and miss. It seemed like they changed management a lot. It varies wildly. My condolences to everywhere who has wound up at a bad Popeyes with crusty heatlamp trash.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Popeye's chicken has tons of transfats in it. RIP to their delicious chicken

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Popeye's owns because you never get what you ordered but always get exactly what you deserve

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Endless Mike posted:

Popeye's owns because you never get what you ordered but always get exactly what you deserve

lol

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

kloa posted:

make sure you put Cajun Sparkle on the mac n cheese :yum:

What is Cajun Sparkle?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

What is Cajun Sparkle?

flavor bomb packets

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

BONE IN TWO PIECE WITH CAJUN RICE THAT'S ALL I GOT

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I now have to check if they have that at my local popeyes.

Is it just extra salt or a combination of spices that makes things more salty?

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2

- Wisdom of the ages.
flavour enhanceuour

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
The spicy chicken used to be better in my opinion

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

We had a thanksgiving potluck at work and I showed up with a shitload of Popeyes biscuits.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yea yea OP thats what I'm talking about, big pepsi, big six piece, got the mashed potatoes, the slaw, honey barbecue sauce that's what I'm talkin about

Japanese eye
Jun 27, 2018

by Reene
The best catfish in fast food - or it used to be

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Anyone else enjoy a .25lb of popcorn shrimp

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
In my experience Popeyes has no control over their franchises, and the quality of the operations varies to an insane degree.

A good Popeyes is basically an A+ in fast food terms. But if you walk into a Popeyes you've never been too before you never know what you're going to get in terms of general quality. Contrast with McDonalds, which is always mediocre, but almost always in exactly the same way.

Nearest Popeyes to me that has their poo poo together is at the goddamn airport lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Why are the sides so expensive? If you get the chicken sandwich by itself, it's only four bucks, but if you get the combo it feels a lot more expensive.