Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
digornos :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
oh we have a pizza place by me that delivers until like 4am and is run by total stoners.

they used to be called Pizzallica but they renamed to Hippie's Pizza. their customer service is atrocious, the gently caress up your order constantly, every time you walk in there its a cloud of weed smoke and a white dude with dreadlocks and a rastafarian hat just goes "duuuuude". i once ordered a small and they told me "sorry we're out of small boxes, all we have is extra large" so they were putting every pizza they had in extra large boxes.

but when they hit, it's loving on. they have some really good specialty pizzas like this one with goat cheese, chili flakes and honey with a white sauce that is outrageous.

oh yeah, i guess it's not technically fast food because despite their low volume of business, it takes about 2-3 hours to get anything delivered.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PyPy posted:

Reported

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i think i would take a digornos over most, if not all, the national chains

Also reported

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

PyPy posted:

i think i would take a digornos over most, if not all, the national chains

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
I really like round table but it's pretty expensive.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Sahara's is technically a chain. we've got one of those, and so does the next tiny town down the freeway for some reason. They're not bad. We've got some of the big chains too but to be perfectly honest if I'm looking for something cheaper than sahara i go WAY cheaper and just get little ceasar's.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there was a place near me that was ran by a dude who was like, the real life version of Mario, and he was a jolly old fella who made the best steak tips, I went to that pizza place for steak tips more than the pizza. then he retired, his kids took over, and ruined the whole thing.

there's another pizza place run by two dudes, one turkish, one puerto rican, that makes some really great greaseball pizza, some of my favorite ever. real good calzones too.

there's a million chains all over the place but I mostly stick to the local stuff. then there's the mini-chains like Suppa's that sell some real heinous heart destroyers like the Fat Chicken, which is a fried chicken sub stuffed with fries and mozzarella sticks and will guaranteed put you into a food coma within 10 minutes from sheer sodium overload

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer
Its fuckin Domino's up here too, and a huge part of that is their website isn't a huge gently caress about calculating costs and applying deals and coupons, unlike fuckin Pizza Hut where its like "buy a pizza and get each extra pizza for $5" and you go and try that on the site and its like "lol gently caress you its all normal price except this one pizza is twice as much"

When it aint chain theres some of the drunk pizza places like the chicago deep dish place where they deliver the heart attack 5 minutes before the pizza, or this one place a pal of mine ordered from where the box is like "its fuckin 7kg of pizza in this box holy poo poo" or something and its like nearly three inches thick

and gently caress now I know the next stupid thing I am buying, thanks

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
It's so tough, my favorite pizza chain is Pizza Hut, and mostly do carry-out
but if I need it delivered, I gotta go Dominos.

Although I still miss dining in to a place with a poo poo arcade with like, a pac man arcade, a cruisin usa cabinet and maybe a neogeo and having as much root beer i can handle in those terrible red cups

does round table pizza still do that?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Tired: Domino's
Wired: Dominic's

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I'm from the St. Louis area, and it's best if you don't know what we do to pizza. :getin:

(I had Imo's last night)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Fun Domino’s Fact: when the business was in its infancy, if some people ripped off a delivery driver, the owner would hide in the back of the delivery car on the next delivery there with a hammer and threaten people.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

ferroque posted:

delivery pizza cheat code: if you live near the store you can go there and save precious dollars on the delivery fee and tip :ssh:

i started driving to my dominoes because I lived on a third floor walkup and was getting real sad at the delivery people being on the verge of death by the time they got to my door

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Does Jet's deliver? Jet's owns but I only ever remember doing pick-up there.

Domino's is alright and I live in the delivery area of one, haven't had it in a while and I kind of miss it.

Sad that Papa John turned out to be a big piece of poo poo because I have a lot of fond memories of eating Papa John's during group study sessions freshman year.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Stuff crust pizza hut

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3zSdApv4Nw

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
(First sentence in the OP is only talk about chains) "Hey guys chains suck let me tell you about my local pizza place that none of you have ever heard of or will ever visit!"

Dominoes is the best chain tier pizza. It was garbage before they changed their recipes and now it's decent. Pizza hut used to be good in the 80s and 90s but it really went downhill. The only redeeming quality is the stuffed crust. But the stuffed crust is attached to a lovely pizza. Papa John's is bad. I think I liked it years ago but I'm pretty sure the only thing I really wanted was the pepperoncinis gimmick and the garlic sauce. And of course Papa John can suck a dick. Sure they fired him but he forever tainted that place for me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Does Jet's deliver? Jet's owns but I only ever remember doing pick-up there.

Domino's is alright and I live in the delivery area of one, haven't had it in a while and I kind of miss it.

Sad that Papa John turned out to be a big piece of poo poo because I have a lot of fond memories of eating Papa John's during group study sessions freshman year.

Jet's delivers here in Chicago and it rules. Easily the best cheap chain place out there. Does California Pizza Kitchen count? Because that's OK, but I don't know if they deliver. Best pizza delivery in Chicago though would be the thin crust from either D'Agistino's or Tortorices or almost any pizza from Dante's.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Solice Kirsk posted:

Jet's delivers here in Chicago and it rules. Easily the best cheap chain place out there. Does California Pizza Kitchen count? Because that's OK, but I don't know if they deliver. Best pizza delivery in Chicago though would be the thin crust from either D'Agistino's or Tortorices or almost any pizza from Dante's.

CPK delivers? They always seemed like a sit-down place first and foremost.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Papa Gino's is the best regional pizza chain IMO.

Jet's Pizza is better than most other chains but eats poo poo compared to Papa Gino's.

Papa John's is infinitely worse than everyone else, their sauce tastes more like corn syrup than tomatoes and their cheese blend is weird as poo poo. Even Pizza Hut isn't that egregious. Old time Domino's was atrocious but improved to edible.

C-Euro posted:

CPK delivers? They always seemed like a sit-down place first and foremost.

Yeah, California Pizza Kitchen is too pretentious/"upscale" to count IMO.

Minimal Ass-Piss
Jul 30, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

green lantern pizza its so loving good

they deliver and its pretty loving quick, like 15-20 mins. they make a good detroit style, too:

Love this place. I'm always trying new places that open near me, but I always come back to Green Lantern. They are on the pricey side for pizza, but they usually have some good deals. They give you a free pizza on your birthday and offer a free pizza if you get enough reward points on your account. The only place around me that I would take over them is Buddy's, but the one near me doesn't deliver.

As far as big chain pizza, I usually go with jets or hungry howies. Not sure if they count though because they aren't national chains. I can't think of the last time I had pizza from one of the big national chains. Most of them don't have Detroit style, which is usually what I'm looking for.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
For just basic take-out pizza, my go to anymore is Casey's actually, if you have one nearby. Aside from that, I tend to have better results with the local Domino's chains than Pizza hut or Little Caesars or what have you.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
papa johns is so close that its embarrassing to order delivery, but dominos is just far enough away that i dont care, so thats why i order pizza hut

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Minimal rear end-Piss posted:

Love this place. I'm always trying new places that open near me, but I always come back to Green Lantern. They are on the pricey side for pizza, but they usually have some good deals. They give you a free pizza on your birthday and offer a free pizza if you get enough reward points on your account. The only place around me that I would take over them is Buddy's, but the one near me doesn't deliver.

As far as big chain pizza, I usually go with jets or hungry howies. Not sure if they count though because they aren't national chains. I can't think of the last time I had pizza from one of the big national chains. Most of them don't have Detroit style, which is usually what I'm looking for.

nice. they have a carry-out/delivery by me in the Royal Oak area and it rules. it's not QUITE as good as the original bar but it's hella close, and a lot closer if i decide i want to pick it up over delivery.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Local pizza chain that puts about 10lbs of cheese on every pizza. No one likes this but me for some reason. As for chains, I really enjoy dominoes now a days.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Karatela posted:

Its fuckin Domino's up here too, and a huge part of that is their website isn't a huge gently caress about calculating costs and applying deals and coupons, unlike fuckin Pizza Hut where its like "buy a pizza and get each extra pizza for $5" and you go and try that on the site and its like "lol gently caress you its all normal price except this one pizza is twice as much"

When it aint chain theres some of the drunk pizza places like the chicago deep dish place where they deliver the heart attack 5 minutes before the pizza, or this one place a pal of mine ordered from where the box is like "its fuckin 7kg of pizza in this box holy poo poo" or something and its like nearly three inches thick

and gently caress now I know the next stupid thing I am buying, thanks

The Pizza Hut is 2 blocks from me, but this is exactly why I stopped ordering from them. Got so sick and tired of the coupons/specials not being applicable, and their stuffed crust wasn't good enough to keep dealing with their bullshit.

There's also Papa John's, but they always take 45 minutes to deliver and they're just not that good. The only reason I haven't sworn them off forever is because one time they delivered to me on the day an earthquake rocked my city, and I give them respect for bailing me out that day.

My main go-to now is a chain called Sicily's. They're open 24/7 (even holidays), you get 20% off the menu price if you order online, and they regularly send out codes that bump that up to 30% or 40% off. Their cheesesticks are the size of a small pizza, and they do a stuffed crust that beats the poo poo out of Pizza Hut. They're one downside is that the pizza can be pretty greasy, to the point where I always lay down papertowels so that the grease doesn't soak through the box and onto my countertop.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the dominos app makes my order come from a store almost 5 miles and a million city street lights away instead of my closest store which is only about a mile and a half and 3 street lights so i have to wait like 20-30 minutes after my pizza is done. preposterous!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:hmmyes:

A hidden treasure, I'm forever sad I moved outside of their coverage.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
The pizza hut near me was the only fast food place I've ever known that had piss in food issues. Drivers would get caught pissing the the buffalo sauces and get fired then get hired at the Domino's (where I done worked). Pizza hut out-sold us significantly.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

OhsH posted:

papa johns is so close that its embarrassing to order delivery, but dominos is just far enough away that i dont care, so thats why i order pizza hut

yay ohsh posted in my thread

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

The pizza hut near me was the only fast food place I've ever known that had piss in food issues. Drivers would get caught pissing the the buffalo sauces and get fired then get hired at the Domino's (where I done worked). Pizza hut out-sold us significantly.

you live in a truly dreadful place indeed

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I have grown to appreciate Domino’s a lot more in recent years. The store is only like 3 minutes from me so I’ll do the $8 3 topping pan pizza carry out special. That’s enough for 3 meals so it’s quite the value. I’ll usually splurge and get the lava crunch cake as well.

Axel Serenity posted:

I'm from the St. Louis area, and it's best if you don't know what we do to pizza. :getin:

(I had Imo's last night)

I do enjoy Imo’s but I never order it because it’s pretty much the worst value out of any chain. If you’re getting it delivered you’re looking at paying over 20 bucks for a glorified cracker and cheese.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I had dominos with Brooklyn pepperoni and provolone and it was legit tasty for how cheap they are.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I had dominos with Brooklyn pepperoni and provolone and it was legit tasty for how cheap they are.

I actually really liked the Brooklyn style crust they have. It only comes in extra large or something though so it's nice to have an 18 year old nephew to help you eat it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I actually really liked the Brooklyn style crust they have. It only comes in extra large or something though so it's nice to have an 18 year old nephew to help you eat it.

:eng101: I read that the XL Brooklyn is just the amount of dough for a large stretched out bigger.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

sean10mm posted:

:eng101: I read that the XL Brooklyn is just the amount of dough for a large stretched out bigger.

Crust is the necessary part we deal with to deliver those delicious toppings, so that's ok.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Crust is the necessary part we deal with to deliver those delicious toppings, so that's ok.

Crust itself CAN be great... but not from some delivery chain pizza.

So :hmmyes:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The least amount of crust to cheese ratio is desirable.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Wife and I had a psychic connection moment last night where we each got the idea that we needed Domino's cheesy bread and gently caress was it good. They even gave us ranch instead of marinara by mistake so I got to pretend I was 14 years old and eating like a trashman again.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

C-Euro posted:

trashman

:sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Growing up my mainstay was Pizza Hut. My elementary school had Pizza Wednesday once a month and would alternate between the utterly shite local pizza place with flavorless tomato sauce and heavenly greasy yummy Pizza Hut ohhh yeah

these days I like getting Domino's though. The 2 for 5.99 deal can't be beat!!!