Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Sing Along posted:

i dont really get the appeal of burger king? what do they serve that isn't garbage?

the garbage is the appeal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i wish the burger king closest to me wasn't a 15 minute drive. There are four Wendy's closer to me than the one BK :argh:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Sing Along posted:

i dont really get the appeal of burger king? what do they serve that isn't garbage?

OG chicken sandwich. I mean, it's also garbage, but the addictive type.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sing Along posted:

They got a good taste on the burgers if you hold the ketchup.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Whopper, extra pickles, extra onion.

Though sometimes with the 'extra onion' you run the risk of getting like...too much onion, especially if you get some of the gnarly outter ring poo poo. I wish the employees would ditch that garbage, but I mean, what do you expect really, right?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sisterSyzygy
Sep 5, 2013

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.
i used to have a burger king within walking distance of a house i lived in and like a good goon i got lunch for breakfast. they had a thing called the "king's meal deal" that you got to get 2 of their small sandwiches, small fries and small drink for like $4.30 tax included. this was peak living

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Things I consider when "having it my way":

-I had the Big King and it was a Big Disappointment. I'll stick with the Whopper no onion no tomato- the truth is nothing can step to a Big Mac.

-No matter how quick I eat em out of the bag, the mozza sticks are always solidified, never stringy as they should be.

-What I wouldn't do for a Jamocha shake.

-The one near me must have actually cleaned their fryer or something because the fries have been excellent last few times I've gone- crispy, cooked properly, and best of all does not have residual Big Fish flavor

----------------

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Universe Master posted:

OG chicken sandwich. I mean, it's also garbage, but the addictive type.

It's like crunchy greasy salt, and I love it. It's really the only thing I ever get from there.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

How is it even a big Mac without onion or tomato?
That's pointless

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I make no custom orders at any fast food place. I can't stand when the person ahead of me takes 5+ minutes because they can't handle a teaspoon of chopped onions. I want to run them over.

It literally takes me 10 seconds.

----------------

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I make no custom orders at any fast food place. I can't stand when the person ahead of me takes 5+ minutes because they can't handle a teaspoon of chopped onions. I want to run them over.

But at BK special orders don't upset them. They said so right in the song!

----------------

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

Though sometimes with the 'extra onion' you run the risk of getting like...too much onion, especially if you get some of the gnarly outter ring poo poo. I wish the employees would ditch that garbage, but I mean, what do you expect really, right?

I always order extra onion, and that's why I think none of them can read. I hardly ever get any onion on my sammitch.

----------------

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Except for the whopper deal which is like 4 extra words, same here.

HOWEVER I've been ordering pretty much by app lately and then just picking up from wherever, and that lets you customize, let's the workers see your written request rather than shouted at them through a speaker, AND time to make it and you don't hold anyone up just zipping past to grab your poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if you speak with someone over the intercom you're doing it wrong. use the app. submit to Algorithm

----------------

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Big Beef City posted:

How is it even a big Mac without onion or tomato?
That's pointless

Big Mac's don't have tomato...

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yeah I'm dumb I meant whopper I dunno what I was thinking

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

shadow puppet of a posted:

Because I love you:

Horrible

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
How does the app ordering pickup work? Do you submit your order at home, then go to the drive thru and tell them you ordered from the app or something?

I'd probably use that since you can get deals sometimes.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

BK probably has the worst system, at least at my location. Other apps get your order made after you push the "buy" button but BK doesn't seem to start making it until you pull up to the window and say you're there to pick up that specific order. I made the mistake of ordering a shake and then telling them about my app order at the window and had to drive all the way around and start again. BK does have instant-use coupons but again you have to tell them the numbered code at the intercom; mcdonald's instant-use coupons are a better system because they can scan a QR code.

Jack in the box has the best ordering system since you place the order, then on the next screen you get a big red button for them to actually start making it and you can time it pretty well

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ok so what would I do? Get in the drive thru and wait until, when, to push the order button? Push the button then go to the intercom and tell them the order number? How are other places different?

Just walk me through this like I'm an idiot (I am). I mean not just for BK since you said theirs is different. I just woke up and can't concentrate.

----------------

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 19, 2020

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

you've got two methods: making the actual order on the app and using an instant-use coupon that doesn't involve paying over the app. both need to be vocalized at the intercom, not the window

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Order small onion ring with BBQ sauce for dipping

Order 2 for $5 whoppers minus some toppings (at least no ketchup/mustard, others are optional), add cheese.

Combine into rodeo whoppers???

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
this lifehack is UNTESTED, so please be careful and post your research if you attempt

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Is it really a lifehack if you're just taking different steps to create something that's already on the menu

I was going to verify that the rodeo roadhouse whopper or whatever it is is still on the menu but the burger king website wants me to sign in before I can even see what's on offer, lmao. Why gatekeep like that

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i don't think it's on the drive-through menu but it's on the app and cheaper than i expected

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I did not know that they had at any time offered an actual rodeo whopper. And haven't seen the value menu one in ages.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
DQ has the only good BBQ hamburger

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

got two rodeo burgs and a full kid's meal for $2.17

----------------

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I want a chicken sandwich, but I'm already in bed. :sigh:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I just found out they cancelled the dutch apple pie, that makes me upset.

I haven't seen any good coupons for months until recently, their 2 small fries and 2 whopper jr's for 4 bucks are a great value.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i've had the same slate of (really great) coupons that hasn't really changed in months

----------------

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
more like booger king

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The Whopper is an excellent burger.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I got their fish sandwich the other day... And it was great!
Easily the best fast food fish I've had. Gambled on it because the last time I'd tried one it was not so good.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I got the impossible whopper the other day because a lifelong vegetarian friend of mine got it and said it was unimpressive compared to what they expected a whopper to be and tbf that checks out imo. way closer to what you'd get from a college union burger. still bodes well for a meatless future, but the whopper jr was way better

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I got some Onion Rings at BK today and I was horrified to find that they've changed the Zesty sauce. It's not as good now.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Q_res posted:

I got some Onion Rings at BK today and I was horrified to find that they've changed the Zesty sauce. It's not as good now.

There was no zesty sauce for like... most of this year? Because they ran out before the horseradish harvest or some poo poo?????

I read that in either this thread or this subforum and have no idea if it's true.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I had once and only once, and I have no idea why it happened, a server at Hungry Jacks (Burger King) tell me they were not called Onion Rings anymore they were Hot Rings now.

So I said can I have one Hot Rings and spent the next while wondering if a joke had been played on me or something.

They are definitely still called Onion Rings.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

WITCHCRAFT posted:

There was no zesty sauce for like... most of this year? Because they ran out before the horseradish harvest or some poo poo?????

My local one never ran out, but I remember hearing that some were having issues with supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Hungry Jacks has a burger copying the Big Mac called the Big Jack, and a whopper sized version called the Mega jack.

So I guess when people ask what you're doing you can say having a big jack.

Halloween Liker fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Dec 11, 2020