Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Sweet Baby Rays makes a zesty sauce now that’s pretty good. Everyone coming after the one thing BK has going for it.

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Tato posted:

Sweet Baby Rays makes a zesty sauce now that’s pretty good. Everyone coming after the one thing BK has going for it.

I have a bottle of this at home after BK ruined their Zesty sauce. It's pretty drat close and worth giving a shot.

Also, here's BK's new Hand Breaded Chicken Sandwich. Potato Bun, Deli Pickles and Signature Sauce (Mayonnaise with a dash of some random seasoning, I'm sure). Available in regular or spicy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
He'll yeah dude

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I'd like to see 'em pull this off but I wouldn't put my money on it

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I thought the (already available OG or spicy) chicken sandwich was on par with Wendy's or KFC, and better than the McDonald's version. It is always distressingly hot (temperature wise), all the way through to the core like they plunked it down on a huge cold war era microwave satellite dish to hold temp.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I thought the (already available OG or spicy) chicken sandwich was on par with Wendy's or KFC, and better than the McDonald's version. It is always distressingly hot (temperature wise), all the way through to the core like they plunked it down on a huge cold war era microwave satellite dish to hold temp.

as i understand it thats basically what they do, like they use oil pressure cookers to fry them to serving temps instantly

----------------
This space intentionally left blank.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I'd like to see 'em pull this off but I wouldn't put my money on it

Wow. A lot of doubters out there about chicken sandwich. Chicken sandwich is gonna show you a thing or two. In 20 years when they redesign the logo again they're gonna have to rebrand as "Chicken Czar"

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I thought the one they had between the Tendercrisp and this new hand breaded one was very bland. Including the spicy.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I got a double whopper in commercial condition for $2 on Whopper Wednesdays on the app ($1 Regular Whopper, $2 Double, $3 Triple). I added jalapeno cheddar bites for $1 and mozzarella sticks for $1.59. Grand total of $4.59 and I was sick full. I would probably swap out the mozz sticks for more jalapeno poppers next time, but I decided to try both. I got a choice of sauces with the poppers but I didn't ask what options and went with ol' faithful ranch. The mozz sticks come with marinara obviously.

----------------

drunkb fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 8, 2021

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
burger king's mozz are bad imo and the "marinara sauce" especially makes me want to vomit. how does someone at BK HQ taste that poo poo and say "yup, that's good to go, send it out there"

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

barnold posted:

burger king's mozz are bad imo and the "marinara sauce" especially makes me want to vomit. how does someone at BK HQ taste that poo poo and say "yup, that's good to go, send it out there"

I wouldn't say that it is vomit worthy, but definitely not great. I picture hot marinara with mozz sticks and mostly get them as an appetizer at a bar or something, but for $1.59 they were fine. I ate all four but the poppers went way earlier.

E: My wife just yelled at me and said that I said that they weren't as good as Arby's and she considers Arby's mozz sticks poo poo tier. I stand corrected on edibility. Touche barnold.

----------------

drunkb fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 8, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Seein 5 bucks for 40 nuggos deal in the app right now. I guess its not that much cheaper than normal though

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

barnold posted:

Had ‘em last night. I agree on all counts. Well it did not make me want to hurl but I did go “gross.”

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fast food mozz sticks are never thick, hot and crispy enough to be good.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
"Man, I could kill for some Burger King right now" is not something I have heard since the Burger King Kids Club gave out those Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tapes.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Technowrite posted:

"Man, I could kill for some Burger King right now" is not something I have heard since the Burger King Kids Club gave out those Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tapes.

before they got rid of it in favor of their popeye's ripoff, the Bacon and Cheese Crispy Chicken was one of my absolute top tier chicken sandys, right there next to the Wendys asiago ranch. i could frequently be heard saying "drat i could really go for a bacon and cheese crispy chicken right now"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Technowrite posted:

:hfive:

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

I thought it was funny when they cut the amount of nuggets you get but pretended like nothing had happened. All going "you get EIGHT nuggets for $1, wow, what a deal!" When six months ago you got 10.

Weirdly enough they just silently raised it back to 10.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Weirdly enough they just silently raised it back to 10.

Probably the same bait and switch routine they did here over the past few-ish years, but I guess my area is ahead of the curve.

"10 nuggets for a dollar! Wow!" (great deal)

(Silently brings it down to 8) "8 for a dollar! Nuggets are back!"

"We have 10 nuggets on the value menu again!" (raises price to a buck fifty hoping no one will notice because its TEN again)

Yeah it's still a great deal, but just a leader to get you in to buy a $2 or whatever beverage that costs them a handful of cents for the cup and less for the drink.

It's still saved me plenty of times for fast cheap food on the go with a small budget (which is what fast food is supposed to be I feel?). In the end, no real complaints here

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just had the spicy ChKing. It wasn't bad. It probably would have been better if I got the plain one. It was huge and crispy. The spicy wasn't too spicy but did have some kick but it was oddly sweet. I don't see myself getting another one. I think the McDonald's new chicken sandwich might be better just due to the spiciness.

They discontinued the jalapeno bites :(. So I got the 10 piece nuggets for $1.49 and I was actually really impressed. The last time I got them they were thin, floppy, dark meat and these actually had a crumbly breading and crispy with all white meat. That's a steal for $1.49.

Overall not a bad meal.

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Just had the spicy ChKing. It wasn't bad. It probably would have been better if I got the plain one. It was huge and crispy. The spicy wasn't too spicy but did have some kick but it was oddly sweet. I don't see myself getting another one. I think the McDonald's new chicken sandwich might be better just due to the spiciness.

They discontinued the jalapeno bites :(. So I got the 10 piece nuggets for $1.49 and I was actually really impressed. The last time I got them they were thin, floppy, dark meat and these actually had a crumbly breading and crispy with all white meat. That's a steal for $1.49.

Overall not a bad meal.

nice review. thanks

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

My uncle was helping me with my car today and on the way back from the parts store we stopped and ate at BK. Had a Whopper w/cheese and some fries. Within 20 minutes I had to poo poo and I poo poo again after another hour or so. Once we finished up, I cooled down inside for a few minutes before going to grab a cool shower, it was then that the BK decided it would have the last word about being fully digested. As I stood up from the couch I could feel my stomach and throat clench, this Whopper was coming out the way it went in. Seemingly endless waterfalls of partially digested starch, meat, veg and strawberry orange Mello Yello to give it a nice pinkish hue.

This will be the first and last time eating a Whopper before working above and below a car, in Florida, during the summer.

I should have known better.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Chief McHeath posted:

My uncle was helping me with my car today and on the way back from the parts store we stopped and ate at BK. Had a Whopper w/cheese and some fries. Within 20 minutes I had to poo poo and I poo poo again after another hour or so. Once we finished up, I cooled down inside for a few minutes before going to grab a cool shower, it was then that the BK decided it would have the last word about being fully digested. As I stood up from the couch I could feel my stomach and throat clench, this Whopper was coming out the way it went in. Seemingly endless waterfalls of partially digested starch, meat, veg and strawberry orange Mello Yello to give it a nice pinkish hue.

This will be the first and last time eating a Whopper before working above and below a car, in Florida, during the summer.

lmfao ahahahaha

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
solid snake voice: this Whopper was coming out the way it went in.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Chief McHeath posted:

Thread title right here.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Smythe posted:

solid snake voice: this Whopper was coming out the way it went in.

i wish subforums could have a description like main forums. make this poo poo the loving tcc hovertext tia

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Just had the spicy ChKing. It wasn't bad.

I just had one. Was yours super tough and rubbery, or did I just win the lottery that day? It was disconcertingly difficult to bite in to.

----------------

GORDON fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 20, 2021

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chief McHeath posted:

I told a story like this once, and some internet douche went all WELL AKTSHULLY on me and provided links that it takes at least 6 hours for bad food to make you sick.

Not sure if I believe it, but it was done.

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GORDON posted:

I just had one. Was yours super tough and rubbery, or did I just win the lottery that day? It was disconcertingly difficult to bite in to.

I don't remember that so it was probably just fine. I'd imagine it's how long they cook it maybe.

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

So...anyone try out that garlic burg yet

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I went to bk for the first time in ages a week or so ago and thought about getting it but didn’t because it looked weird

Got the bacon king or whatever instead, which was good

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I fired one of the BKs near me. I have 2 of them in opposite directions, equidistant.

So I made an app-order one day, and it duplicated my order. I got 2 text alerts from my credit card (i get alerts for all cc dings).

Went to the drive-through, told them my name, and said I think the app doubled my order, and I only needed one of them. Long story short, two different managers told me, "That isn't our app, it is from BK corporate. Either take the double order or go through corporate to get your card refunded."

That seems like a really hosed answer... all they had to do to make me happy was give me one of the orders, and a $10 BK cash card. But nope. "Not our app, not our fault, go through corporate."

Haven't been back to that location in a couple years, now. The other one gets my bidness.

----------------

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

i can't say i blame them honestly fast food corporate lives to gently caress over the franchisee and i bet the franchised location is just tired of having to clean up after corporate's messes at their own expense. see quiznos for a great example of how corporate fast food just mercilessly crushes franchise owners

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I dunno about bk, but I've called up Jack in the Box before when I've had problems with them double charging etc and it was relatively easy to get refunded.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

barnold posted:

i can't say i blame them honestly fast food corporate lives to gently caress over the franchisee and i bet the franchised location is just tired of having to clean up after corporate's messes at their own expense. see quiznos for a great example of how corporate fast food just mercilessly crushes franchise owners

I get that. But they got my money, if they didn't want to refund one of the orders and just given me a gift card, they'd have lost nothing and made a happy customer. They went the other way and ultimately lost a lot of my money, over the years.

----------------

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

more like burger queef

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

GORDON posted:

I get that. But they got my money, if they didn't want to refund one of the orders and just given me a gift card, they'd have lost nothing and made a happy customer. They went the other way and ultimately lost a lot of my money, over the years.

it's true, it is a confusing situation. the macdondalds near my house hands out free small meal coupons for basically any small slight so I wonder what the problem with that BK could be

I am getting the cheesy tots rn will report back as I have never had them before

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

GORDON posted:

I fired one of the BKs near me. I have 2 of them in opposite directions, equidistant.

So I made an app-order one day, and it duplicated my order. I got 2 text alerts from my credit card (i get alerts for all cc dings).

Went to the drive-through, told them my name, and said I think the app doubled my order, and I only needed one of them. Long story short, two different managers told me, "That isn't our app, it is from BK corporate. Either take the double order or go through corporate to get your card refunded."

That seems like a really hosed answer... all they had to do to make me happy was give me one of the orders, and a $10 BK cash card. But nope. "Not our app, not our fault, go through corporate."

Haven't been back to that location in a couple years, now. The other one gets my bidness.

eat them both you little bitch. very simple solution. it was a GIFT

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So...anyone try out that garlic burg yet

I had it about a week ago. It’s a good riff on the bacon king. The garlic flavor was stronger than I expected, but in a good way. I’ll definitely get it again while it’s available but won’t really miss it whenever it leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

combining specials + an offer on the app is such an amazing deal. two whoppers and a brownie shake for $5.41. thanks for feeding me mr king

----------------