Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Pretty good posted:

Best onion rings. They're always hot

I went to my local BK a few weeks ago and they informed me that they no longer have zesty sauce in that restaurant. I have decided to *sever* in protest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I got a double whopper in commercial condition for $2 on Whopper Wednesdays on the app ($1 Regular Whopper, $2 Double, $3 Triple). I added jalapeno cheddar bites for $1 and mozzarella sticks for $1.59. Grand total of $4.59 and I was sick full. I would probably swap out the mozz sticks for more jalapeno poppers next time, but I decided to try both. I got a choice of sauces with the poppers but I didn't ask what options and went with ol' faithful ranch. The mozz sticks come with marinara obviously.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

drunkb fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 8, 2021

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

barnold posted:

burger king's mozz are bad imo and the "marinara sauce" especially makes me want to vomit. how does someone at BK HQ taste that poo poo and say "yup, that's good to go, send it out there"

I wouldn't say that it is vomit worthy, but definitely not great. I picture hot marinara with mozz sticks and mostly get them as an appetizer at a bar or something, but for $1.59 they were fine. I ate all four but the poppers went way earlier.

E: My wife just yelled at me and said that I said that they weren't as good as Arby's and she considers Arby's mozz sticks poo poo tier. I stand corrected on edibility. Touche barnold.

----------------

drunkb fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 8, 2021

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

flashy_mcflash posted:

Has anyone had their fish lately? I remember it being pretty okay but if it followed the same trajectory as the rest of the menu is probably repulsive now.

My wife still gets one occasionally, but requests a whopper bun with sesame seeds instead of the standard bun and extra tartar sauce. I have taken a bite or two and it seems like it is the same thing as I remember from years ago. I think it used to be called The Whaler before changed to the BK Big Fish. That name probably wouldn’t hold up these days.

----------------

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Big Beef City posted:

Everything about that sounds terrible.

Their fish has always sucked

It’s not gourmet, but it’s not terrible. Sesame seed buns are better than plain buns and tartar sauce is good. HTH

----------------

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Lol

----------------

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I went to a different McDonalds that I rarely go to a few days ago. I used the bogo double cheeseburger deal and checked extra pickles. They must have been loving with me because I got 5 pickles on the top bun and 5 pickles on the BOTTOM bun. I should have put this in the blessed thread.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

mekyabetsu posted:

The BK bacon double cheeseburger is my favorite fast food burg. It’s greasy, salty, disgusting, and under no circumstances do I want anyone to see me eating one. I loving love it.

You described it perfectly and I will annihilate one of those and a Whopper Jr. and proudly cover the BK burger flavor gamut.

----------------