Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I had BK today and got Onion Rings with my meal, they had Zesty sauce on hand. Guess I got lucky...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

shadow puppet of a posted:

I'm very excited to get my first Big King XL. Maybe tomorrow if I can escape the quarantine brutesquads.

I feel that fauxmacs should be a much larger part of the fastfood rainbow.

So were you disappointed? I was.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Anonymous Robot posted:

I also got onion rings on the side because bk fries suck and they gave me zesty sauce. I thought they stopped carrying that? Was glad to see it anyhow.

There was a supply shortage early on during the COVID-pocalyse and a lot of locations ran out of it for a while. I think some locations made it sound permanent but, for instance, my local BK never ran out.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

How is it even a big Mac without onion or tomato?
That's pointless

Big Mac's don't have tomato...

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I got some Onion Rings at BK today and I was horrified to find that they've changed the Zesty sauce. It's not as good now.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

WITCHCRAFT posted:

There was no zesty sauce for like... most of this year? Because they ran out before the horseradish harvest or some poo poo?????

My local one never ran out, but I remember hearing that some were having issues with supply.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

i say swears online posted:

zesty sauce owns and is still the original recipe here

The stuff I got the other day is darker and more orange than I'm used to, plus it has new all brown labeling on the cover.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

i say swears online posted:

the filling is worse than jack in the box? really?

Absolutely not, the BK tacos weren't great but the JitB taco filling could literally have come out of an Alpo can.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Tato posted:

Sweet Baby Rays makes a zesty sauce now that’s pretty good. Everyone coming after the one thing BK has going for it.

I have a bottle of this at home after BK ruined their Zesty sauce. It's pretty drat close and worth giving a shot.

Also, here's BK's new Hand Breaded Chicken Sandwich. Potato Bun, Deli Pickles and Signature Sauce (Mayonnaise with a dash of some random seasoning, I'm sure). Available in regular or spicy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

So I just had a new offer pop up on the BK app. Spend $5+ as a Royal Perks member and get a chance to earn Crypto. Specifically Dogecoin, Ethereum or Bitcoin.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

https://popculture.com/trending/news/burger-king-brings-back-italian-original-chicken-sandwich-7-year-hiatus/

The best version of the long chicken is coming back.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

When it's available (seasonally) I find the Arby's one to be pretty solid.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

I tried it for the first time the other day, threw the last third out.

The most boring fast food item I've ever eaten.

Completely loving lame in every regard.

When I was a kid I lived for when this thing would reappear, it was my own personal McRib. I still haven't gotten one, because deep down I know it's not going to live up to my expectations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Has anyone tried the Whopper Melt yet?

Two Whopper patties w/ cheese, on toasted Sourdough with carmelized onions and Stacker sauce (Which I think is basically the same thing as Big Mac sauce?).

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

I had it once and it was pretty big but also super bland.

Yeah it was "we have the Popeyes Chicken sandwich at home ". Hopefully the new one isn't a step back in quality since it has nice variations like Bacon & Swiss and BBQ Bacon & Cheese.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Hardee's/Carl's Jr Onion Rings are the worst I've ever had.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

WAP(rotein)

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

drat, i really want to stuff a BOSS HOGG in my mouth right about now

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

It looks like literally every other fast food brioche bun on the planet, so I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The nicest thing I can say about the Chicken Fries is that they're much better than their god awful nuggets.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Yeah they've always had two burger sizes. Sometime during COVID their regular burgers shrank to being basically a glorified slider. Anything not based on the Whopper isn't worth fooling with any more. They're absurdly tiny.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Well I think it largely depends on how busy they are. McDonald's always uses both, it seems. The Wendy's here used both pre-COVID, rarely uses the first one now. The Burger King has literally never used the first window in the 16 years I've lived in this town.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Quick Google search says...

"The King Yeti Super One Pound Beef Burger features four signature beef patties layered with six fresh onion slices, six slices of mellow Gouda cheese, pickles, and Caesar sauce made with a combination of Parmesan cheese and Camembert cheese, all sandwiched between a lightly toasted sesame seed bun."

I dunno, might be alright.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

20 or so years ago you could get an Orange Icee with Vanilla Shake, it was amazing.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Anonymous Robot posted:

McDonald’s fry is pathetic. BK is weird but better than the clown.

McDonald's fries are almost as overrated as their breakfast.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Hey there's still one hanging on in Sturgis MI.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Swiss on a Whopper just makes me want them to bring back the Sourdough Whopper. A Whopper with Swiss, bacon and no pickle on grilled sourdough. The greatest menu item they've ever offered.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I've been saying for years they need to bring back the BK Broilers. Though the superior version was the one that came with just BBQ sauce, onions and pickles.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

could probably market it as an "old-fashioned" whopper. anyone else remember when burger king used to put mustard on their burgers? pretty sure i remember bk burgers having mustard when i was a kid

They still do if you get a cheeseburger/double cheeseburger type sandwich. Nothing Whopper branded ever came with mustard.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Twenty Four posted:

You don't get mustard on a whopper typically, I guess you could ask for it, but I wouldn't.

I have on occasion gotten a Whopper, no mayo add mustard. It's a nice change of pace, but it works best on a Double.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Has anyone tried this Candied Bacon Whopper yet?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

Lemme guess... still no cheese on a Double Whopper :nallears:

This would be fine if they didn't charge you $0.60 for 2 slices of sub-Kraft Singles tier cheese.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

DQ, Sonic and Freddy's all also have Onion Rings. Claiming BK has the best fast food onion ring is complete madness. They're extremely mid, they're just elevated by the excellent Zesty sauce. That combined with them being hands down better than their fries gets them overvalued.

Don't believe me? Try eating them without any Zesty sauce, you'll probably not even manage to finish them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Philthy posted:

Onion rings are a vehicle for the sauce as much as anything imo.

This is where you're wrong, a good onion ring doesn't need any kind of sauce. See Freddy's or Culver's.