Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Arbys had the best onion rings of any fast food place by far and very good in general

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Has anyone tried their Spicy Fish sandwich?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

The local Arby's has Mac and cheese, has anyone tried it?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Maigius posted:

like the new popeyes mac and cheese, its good but not something to go out of your way for

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Maigius posted:

If it's the white cheddar kind, I'm not a fan. It leans to heavily into the nutty flavor of prepackaged white cheddar stuff, but that's just my own taste. The nasty part is that I've given it a couple tries, and both times it's come fresh from the drive-thru a mix of lukewarm and cold. :barf:

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Tried the Mac and cheese, was hot but seemed to be all swiss cheese. Will not order again

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Had a beef & cheddar today for lunch and it had a lot of cheddar on it. Too much cheddar, it turned out as it was a real mess to eat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You get some real variability with the beef & cheddar. Sometimes you eat your way through the first half wondering if they just forgot to add the cheddar, sometimes it's like they poured an entire cup on and then decided to glaze some more on top for good measure. You never know til you unwrap it.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

You get some real variability with the beef & cheddar. Sometimes you eat your way through the first half wondering if they just forgot to add the cheddar, sometimes it's like they poured an entire cup on and then decided to glaze some more on top for good measure. You never know til you unwrap it.
This is why one must always ask for extra horsey sauce.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Surprisingly, the Spicy Fish sandwich is pretty good. Though only a little bit spicy

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

I've only eaten at Arby's once in my entire 31 years of life because there's only two in my state nowhere near me. I tried it just before the pandemic while I was in South Portland, Maine, for some reason. I don't even remember what sandwich I ordered. However, it was a really good sandwich. I am pro-Arby's.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I went to Arby’s last night because I didn’t feel like cooking because of the Draft and all that, and they were literally out of roast beef. I’m not entirely sure how they allow that to happen.

The guy sounded so defeated on the drive-thru thing. Oh well.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

They....don't have the meats? :ohdear:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

:aaaaa:

Yeah, really. I didn’t think about that. If I wasn’t so eager to get back home, I would have both thought and said that.

Mods, change thread title immediately. :dogbutton:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

the thread title is a lie. A LIE!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
ARBYS BRING BACK THE SLICED TURKEY CRANBERRY YEAR ROUND

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

spookykid posted:

ARBYS BRING BACK THE SLICED TURKEY CRANBERRY YEAR ROUND

I’ll co-sign this.
Same applies to the Publix sub too, though :btroll:

e: or at least keep the cranberry relish stuff on the shelves so I can make my own.

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 30, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I had two orders of mozz sticks for dinner last night and just had to spend multiple wet wipe/TP re-ups and 5 full minutes wiping my rear end

----------------

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

To be fair, what were you expecting? :butt:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
just get a bidet attachment thing whatever its like someone eating your whole rear end and its spotless so thats a bonus

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

What in tarnation :aaaaa:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm freaking INTRIGUED.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

You think they'd let you put roast beef on it too?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My bet is it tastes almost exactly like Wendys.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

wot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well, somebody report back. My local Arby's has apparently been wiped from existence on the website and app, so I can't even tell whether they have it :tinfoil:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
this seems like a bad idea, so now you just sell burgers too same as everyone else?

----------------

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

🎶Wagyu
Wagme
Get it at Arby's
That's the way it should be🎶

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it says they're sous videing the burgs, wonder how they're searing them :thunk:

quote:

The Wagyu Steakhouse Burger includes an American Wagyu blended burger, American cheese, shredded lettuce, tomato, pickles, red onion and a special burger sauce on a toasted brioche bun. There's also a Bacon Ranch Wagyu Steakhouse Burger, which includes bacon and ranch dressing as the name suggests.

"We’ve spent over two years of dedicated research and development to deliver a premium burger that redefines what’s possible from a drive thru," said Arby's chief marketing officer Patrick Schwing in a statement.

Both burgers feel substantial in size. The patty itself, which Arby's says is a blend of 52% American Wagyu and 48% ground beef and cooked Sous Vide style, is pretty thick for a fast-food burger.

also makes it sound like they're hoping to make it permanent

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

My worldview has been shaken by this news.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My worldview has been shaken by this news.

Did you doubt that they had the meats

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pretty funny how they included just enough Wagyu beef to legally call it a Wagyu burger.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Did you doubt that they had the meats

They may be masters of Meatcraft, but I wonder if they asked themselves if they could make a burger instead of asking if they should.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Chief McHeath posted:

You think they'd let you put roast beef on it too?

This seems so obvious, even just like a single slice or two of their signature roast beef on top if they are putting out a burger, it would truly make it "theirs" and unique.

But I guess that makes too much sense, it might be a great drive through burger, but considering their recent campaign has been "hey look we've got crinkle fries", the most boring idea possible despite having some of the best seasoned curly fries in the business, who knows.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Twenty Four posted:

having some of the best seasoned curly fries in the business

Since loving when? The big problem is that not many places have seasoned curly fries, but everywhere I've found them (Hardee's, Rax's) are always better than Arby's. Invariably. Arby's curly fries survive by lack of widespread competition, they've always been a bit poo poo.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hardee's have curly fries?
Rax's still exist? :psyduck:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Hygiene posted:

There's a Rax about 2 hours away from me that I've intended to visit for years, but :effort: in driving to Irontown Ohio

----------------

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

In turn, yes and they're pretty drat good. Yes, there's 1 in Harlan KY, 1 in Illinois and like 5 in Ohio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I guess I thought Hardee's was just Carl's Jr with a different name. Looks like they *mostly* are, but with some differences like curly vs waffle cut fries.