Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i used to get the 4 for $4 but they reduced the burg core selections so now im forced into the Biggy Bag. i got it with the chicken blt today and it was pretty good. one note about wendys is their BBQ sauce is insanely terrible - but get this - their spicy honey mustard or whatever is loving bomb. now, is it as good mcd spicy buffalo? not even close, but thats a high bar. really high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
had the $5 biggy bag today w/ the double stack (formerly of 4 for $4 fame) and it was cool. feeling fat as hell now alas.

also got the honey mustard sauce kuz wendys has the worst bbq sauce in the world. just utter garbage

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I’ve been by Wendys twice wanting jr bacon cheeseburgers but it’s always before 10 and they only serve breakfast

Replace the fries with wedges, throw out the rest, and let me eat a jr bacon cheeseburger with wedges for breakfast please

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
chicken sandwich

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I tried one of the deluxe crispy chicken sandwiches at McD's, and it was better than Wendy's.

Sorry, that's just how it is.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Smythe posted:

wendys has the worst bbq sauce in the world. just utter garbage

This did not use to be the case, and it was in fact previously the best, absolute top of the class fast food BBQ dip

But then about five? years ago some absolute fucker decided that it'd be better to mix ketchup with ortega-brand taco seasoning and so that's where we are now

It's vile and 100% the second worst decision the company has made after getting rid of the nacho buffet

edit: the exact point of the changeover was when they moved away from the round sauce packages to the McDonald's style rectangular ones, it's been a shitshow for all their sauces since

postmodifier fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 27, 2022

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I used Sweet and Sour on my spicy nugs today because the Ghost Pepper Ranch sucks. Bring back the Creamy Siracha

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I tried one of the deluxe crispy chicken sandwiches at McD's, and it was better than Wendy's.

Sorry, that's just how it is now.

I fixed this for you, because it wasn't true in 1995.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

AvesPKS posted:

I fixed this for you, because it wasn't true in 1995.

Yep, I wouldn't have said it before their most recent chicken sandwich revamp. Wendy's is doing better at interesting toppings, but the chicken itself just doesn't hold up as well for me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Thank you. Feels good to not be alone.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

postmodifier posted:

This did not use to be the case, and it was in fact previously the best, absolute top of the class fast food BBQ dip

But then about five? years ago some absolute fucker decided that it'd be better to mix ketchup with ortega-brand taco seasoning and so that's where we are now

It's vile and 100% the second worst decision the company has made after getting rid of the nacho buffet

edit: the exact point of the changeover was when they moved away from the round sauce packages to the McDonald's style rectangular ones, it's been a shitshow for all their sauces since

Yeah at mine they don't even have proprietary sauces anymore, they just use Heinz :newlol:

----------------

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yep, I wouldn't have said it before their most recent chicken sandwich revamp. Wendy's is doing better at interesting toppings, but the chicken itself just doesn't hold up as well for me.

I apologize because my response was unnecessarily assholish. I just want a Monterey Ranch chicken sandwich from 1995.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

AvesPKS posted:

I apologize because my response was unnecessarily assholish. I just want a Monterey Ranch chicken sandwich from 1995.

Oh lol, I didn't even read it that way, no worries.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AvesPKS posted:

I just want a Monterey Ranch chicken sandwich from 1995.

*monkey's paw curls*

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Remember when they found that freezer full of 40-year old meat? Like that.

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've been advertising their fries being different and trying them again today whatever they did was not good.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

muscles like this! posted:

They've been advertising their fries being different and trying them again today whatever they did was not good.

when I got them the first few times after the change they were very good, extremely fresh. every time since, less so. i'm assuming new process = takes more time = individual franchises cutting corners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was wondering if I was just unlucky and getting old fries exclusively but yeah after liking the change, but lately they're worse than ever, even whataburger spicy ketchup doesn't make them edible.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The fries were overcooked and everything was extremely salty.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i absolutely loved their fresh cut fries, but these new ones were never good to me, it's like everyone is doing new fries and they're all like burger kings which have always been terrible. no one wants those fries, everyone wanted the old wendys fries

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The breakfast potatoes at Wendy's are better than their fries imo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Philthy posted:

i absolutely loved their fresh cut fries, but these new ones were never good to me, it's like everyone is doing new fries and they're all like burger kings which have always been terrible. no one wants those fries, everyone wanted the old wendys fries

burger king fries have always been my favorite :unsmigghh:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
They're not bad, but all it takes is one BK Big Fish to ruin the fry oil though :negative:

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
they're also absolutely disgusting cold. not that either Wendy's or McDonalds fries are any good cold either

I'd say Wendy's is the... best of the three if you have to nuke them for a bit

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

An air fryer does wonders for reviving cold leftover fries :science:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

burger king fries have always been my favorite :unsmigghh:

They're definitely the best....at being the worst! :iceburn:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I think I figured out why a local drive-in type place has such good fries- they're fried in beef tallow:pcgaming:

Thinking of picking up some duck fat and frying some "chips" for myself at home. Might have to dig around (no pun intended) for some good heirloom potato varieties

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

explosivo posted:

An air fryer does wonders for reviving cold leftover fries :science:

honestly an regular rear end oven does a pretty good job too, but

1) takes forever

2) heating your entire living space in the middle of summer for secondhand french fry

I miss having an air fryer but our big lunky kitchen appliance slot is occupied by a pressure cooker and we use it a lot more often for a lot more things than we did with an air fryer

the Sysco battered french fries that every cheap non fastfood/chain restaurant uses come out loving amazing from an air fryer, sometimes better than when they put the plate on your table at the restaurant.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

One of the best kitchen appliances I bought was a combo microwave/air fryer, after I found out those existed and were only about $10 more than the replacement microwave I needed to buy anyway. All the air fryer benefits with no wasted counter space.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Futanari Damacy posted:

I think I figured out why a local drive-in type place has such good fries- they're fried in beef tallow:pcgaming:

Thinking of picking up some duck fat and frying some "chips" for myself at home. Might have to dig around (no pun intended) for some good heirloom potato varieties

You’ll want to mix in some other fat too

These were cooked in a mixture of sunflower, grapeseed and beef dripping. 20% duck fat should be ideal, don’t forget to parboil the chips in alkaline water first.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

One of the best kitchen appliances I bought was a combo microwave/air fryer, after I found out those existed and were only about $10 more than the replacement microwave I needed to buy anyway. All the air fryer benefits with no wasted counter space.

I got a combo toaster oven/air fryer for the same reason. It does a bunch of other poo poo too, I only use my actual oven if something wont' fit in there.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Had the titular sandwich in grilled format the other day. Not bad. Evocative of when I was sick as a kid and I'd get the grilled McChicken (instead of chicken noodle soup :yum:). The regular grilled chicken sandwich has a weak mustard instead of a mayo-esque sauce and the creamy Ranch is so much more satisfying.

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
The current grilled chicken sandwich is definitely not as good as it was in the past. Probably from the honey mustard swap to Heinz or w/e.

Most of my life I got the grilled chicken sandwich, in recent years I do the spicy. But I still love grilled chicken sandwiches in general

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol did they really start putting ketchup on chicken sandwiches standard

the ketchupification of fast food menus the last few years is disturbing

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

i say swears online posted:

lol did they really start putting ketchup on chicken sandwiches standard

the ketchupification of fast food menus the last few years is disturbing

no, it's still honey mustard, just bought from Heinz now instead of Bespoke Wendys Honey Mustard

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AARD VARKMAN posted:

no, it's still honey mustard, just bought from Heinz now instead of Bespoke Wendys Honey Mustard

Disturbing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I had the Asiago Ranch for lunch today and while it was delicious as usual I'm not super fond of a medium combo running $12.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
When they defaulted the combo size to small with the option to upgrade to medium/large was a Nixon Shock level disruption

----------------

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Wendys has been really good at asking if I would like a medium or large whenever I buy their food. I want smol dammit! :argh:

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

muscles like this! posted:

I had the Asiago Ranch for lunch today and while it was delicious as usual I'm not super fond of a medium combo running $12.

my grandma who loves to play virtual slots on her phone told me a couple weeks ago that the old minimum bet used to be 16k credits but recently they updated the app and now the minimum bet is 56k. i'm lmao'ing at the idea that the loving virtual slot machine company had to increase their rates due to inflation