Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
have to include the asiago or it's not even in the running for thread title, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well, it convinced me to give the burg version a shot too. It worked out better than I expected, it's basically a pizza burger, which I never really thought about on the fast food side but it was fine. And yeah, the Asiago's good, but it was so overpowered I forgot it was on there until near the end. It works well on its own compared to American, like the Muenster cheese on the pub burgers, they should just have those as a regular topping option.

For my ongoing condiment feud update, they over-corrected this time and threw in a solid dozen ketchup packs. I think I got more ketchup than fries this time.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

They just built a new Wendy’s near me which is great since the closest one in either direction is about a 20 minute drive, but the drive-thru line has been circling the building for over a week which is not great.

I really want a burg and some nugs and some chili but I ain’t waiting in that dang line.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tried the new Italian chicken sandwich and I liked it. The chicken was a little dry but that was fixed by the sauce and cheese.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I’m right between two Wendy’s that are each 20 minutes away and if I’m doing that I’m getting something better than Wendy’s but they built a new one about 10 away, 5 from work.

I got a ten piece, single no tomato and a large chili and it was just as good as I imagined which is to say quite good.

Thank you for coming to my DAVE Talk.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Growing up when we didn't have a lot of money we'd get 4 large chilis from Wendy's and use that as taco meat in taco salads for dinner. Stuff was very good dumped on crushed up tostitos with cheese on top.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I got a sour cream and chive potato today. Definitely hit the spot.

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

that croissant maple chicken sando and potatoes still owns bones imo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cross-Section posted:

Yeah it's one of my favorite fast food breakfasts.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cross-Section posted:

man I tried this yesterday and it was like a mouth full of dry. Flavor's alright but the chicken is dry, the bacon is dry, the bread is dry, the only real sauce is the maple whatever and I think most of that was on the outside of my sandwich. Probably just going to stick with the bfast baconator aka king of sandwiches

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I guess Wendy's must be having a bad bacon day - I grabbed a pretzel pub chicken sandwich, and all the bacon was in little charred crumbles instead of slices. The secret twist: it kinda worked better for me

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I had the opposite problem the other day, I got a junior bacon cheeseburger and the left off the fuckin beef, just a cold, lovely blt.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

When you look at it that way it really presses home the point of what a good deal the jbc is

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

When you look at it that way it really presses home the point of what a good deal the jbc is

I was driving through rural Tennessee ten years ago and some store had jbcs for 1.29 I think. Even at that point I hadn't seen them that cheap in years.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Baron von Eevl posted:

I had the opposite problem the other day, I got a junior bacon cheeseburger and the left off the fuckin beef, just a cold, lovely blt.

should have gone right in there and slammed that burger down on the counter and asked "WHERE'S THE BEEF?"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

please never do that

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

should have gone right in there and slammed that burger down on the counter and asked "WHERE'S THE BEEF?"

i say swears online posted:

please never do that

They weren't serious, it's a reference to an old Wendy's add with some old ladies complaining about there not being big enough meat on the burger patties from other chains, and Wendy's having "more beef". This might not be the best link, but, either way, it was just a funny add and a good joke. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U80ebi4AKgs

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Yeah still don't do that

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

whos that broooown posted:

Yeah still don't do that

...Obviously? Farmer just made a funny joke about an old commercial. :rolleyes:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
If you don't do it I'm going to ban you

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Finally, someone's talking sense on the subject.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
*shows you where the beef comes from*

Okay maybe I’ve had enough :smith:

----------------

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
When do we get a good LTO to replace the bad one?

----------------

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Bacon portabella mushroom melt is on now here. Should be a regular menu item imo, and not lto

Also “baconator fries” which are just fries with melted shredded cheddar and crumbled bacon bits. I miss the crispy pub whatever burger it was

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I haven't ever seen the mushroom burger LTO, it's still the Italian sandwich and pretzel pub here

I would love to try a portobello LTO :mad:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

EEKA GEEK posted:

Bacon portabella mushroom melt is on now here. Should be a regular menu item imo, and not lto

Looks like one of their Canadian things? I don't remember seeing it here, I wish the big burger chains weren't so scared of mushrooms.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

EEKA GEEK posted:

Also “baconator fries” which are just fries with melted shredded cheddar and crumbled bacon bits. I miss the crispy pub whatever burger it was

Baconator fries have been out here at least for like 6 months, maybe longer? I think they're a regular menu item.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah Baconator fries are permanent, pub fries come and go with the pretzel burgers.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
BIG PROBLEM with Wendys.

1 year ago we had the 4 for $4 and the $5 Biggy Bag

NOW there is the.. GET THIS.. BUCKLE THE gently caress UP

same poo poo but renamed theh

$6 Biggy Bag (replaced the 4 for $4)
and

LMFAO

$7 Biggy Bag (replaced the $5 Biggy Bag)

What a loving JOKE

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
several months ago they had replcaed the 4 for $4 with the 4 for $5 and the $6 Biggy Bag

now??

EVERY NUMBER is higher than 4.

AND FIVE.

hosed UP

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Smythe posted:

several months ago they had replcaed the 4 for $4 with the 4 for $5 and the $6 Biggy Bag

now??

EVERY NUMBER is higher than 4.

AND FIVE.

hosed UP

So it matches every digit of your body weight?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So it matches every digit of your body weight?

im 5'10" 160

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Just make more money. Problem solved

----------------

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Smythe posted:

im 5'10" 160

510,160 lbs more like

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

510,160 lbs more like

how do you measure, measure a goon?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Smythe posted:

BIG PROBLEM with Wendys.

1 year ago we had the 4 for $4 and the $5 Biggy Bag

NOW there is the.. GET THIS.. BUCKLE THE gently caress UP

same poo poo but renamed theh

$6 Biggy Bag (replaced the 4 for $4)
and

LMFAO

$7 Biggy Bag (replaced the $5 Biggy Bag)

What a loving JOKE

I remember back in December thinking $8 for a combo was too much. Then come February I had a similar combo come out to $12 :psyduck:

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
tried the fish sandwich, it was fine

also saw they have a chicken wrap again but it's $6 and on the main menu despite being 400 calories compared to the old snack wraps which were $1.50 for 350 calories. no thx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Had a Baconator recently and was reminded of how one-note it is. It might do better with something like onion tanglers, but adding even one ingredient like that is the difference between it being a regular menu item and a once-a-year LTO

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Went for the first time in forever and something weird I found out was that the standard combo defaults to medium sized drink/fries. Also going back to almost never getting fast food because it is way too expensive now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I got the new grilled chicken wrap. it was perfectly fine sustenance but the old grilled sandwich with honey mustard was better