Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Culvers is the loving best. Moving back north soon, can't wait. Whataburger can go to hell (no it's actually pretty good) but it's got nothing on butterburgers. And sometimes it's nice to eat like an old person, get that reuben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sports
Sep 1, 2012
If you want to eat like an old man at the Culver's, get a pot roast sandwich.
Their most Midwestern thing on the menu has to be the pork tenderloin sandwich.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i've only ever had the custard there and as a child i refused to eat custard because the name didn't sit right with me but now as an adult i see how much custard i've missed out on

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
thinking about cheese curd

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Everyone make sure to check your coupon flyers that come in the mail because every couple months there's new coupons! Mine are usually a bunch of $1 off baskets and BOGO sundaes and big burgers. You also get some if you sign up for the email thing.

sports posted:

If you want to eat like an old man at the Culver's, get a pot roast sandwich.
Their most Midwestern thing on the menu has to be the pork tenderloin sandwich.

I really gotta try the tenderloin, I didn't even realize it was on the menu. I've had the pot roast sandwich a few times and it's tasty and better for you than a burger.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh my god, Culvers. I think this is the place, yeah? I grew up in Wisconsin, and this place was a highlight of my childhood. :3: I loving love frozen custard. It's awful for you, but I love it. Maybe one day I'll have it again.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Everyone make sure to check your coupon flyers that come in the mail because every couple months there's new coupons! Mine are usually a bunch of $1 off baskets and BOGO sundaes and big burgers. You also get some if you sign up for the email thing.

I really gotta try the tenderloin, I didn't even realize it was on the menu. I've had the pot roast sandwich a few times and it's tasty and better for you than a burger.

The pot roast sandwich is probably worse for you than a Culver’s deluxe.

Edit no it’s like half the calories wow

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

sports posted:

The pot roast sandwich is probably worse for you than a Culver’s deluxe.

Edit no it’s like half the calories wow

yeah it's just braised beef, so it's pretty lean, unlike the 80/20 or whatever they use in the burg. Plus no cheese, mayo, or other calorie-high condiments. I used to get it when I was counting calories years ago and didn't have better lunch options

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This thread made me want to check out Culver's again. Wow. That was one of the best burgers I've had in a LONG time. I'm talking about all burgers, not just fast food. I got the Colby Jack Pub Burger. The cheese was legit and it had crispy breaded and chopped onions on the bottom. When I was driving up there was a "cheese sauce" thing on the sign. So I got that figuring it'd be some nacho cheese bullshit. Nope. It was excellent and made from Wisconsin cheese. I dipped my (excellent) cheese curds in them. :getin:

The custard was amazing. It's really thick and creamy. Similar to ice cream but better.

This was the damage done. I subbed BBQ sauce since MyFitnessPal didn't have the new cheese sauce. It's probably 100 calories though.

:nms:I have gastritis now and my doctor told me to not eat any fatty/greasy foods. Welp, I did. And this thing was greasy as poo poo. When I got home I threw ALL of it up. Worth it.:nms:

Oh and I thought this was a nice Wisconsin touch.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This thread made me want to check out Culver's again. Wow. That was one of the best burgers I've had in a LONG time. I'm talking about all burgers, not just fast food. I got the Colby Jack Pub Burger. The cheese was legit and it had crispy breaded and chopped onions on the bottom. When I was driving up there was a "cheese sauce" thing on the sign. So I got that figuring it'd be some nacho cheese bullshit. Nope. It was excellent and made from Wisconsin cheese. I dipped my (excellent) cheese curds in them. :getin:

The custard was amazing. It's really thick and creamy. Similar to ice cream but better.

This was the damage done. I subbed BBQ sauce since MyFitnessPal didn't have the new cheese sauce. It's probably 100 calories though.

:nms:I have gastritis now and my doctor told me to not eat any fatty/greasy foods. Welp, I did. And this thing was greasy as poo poo. When I got home I threw ALL of it up. Worth it.:nms:

god bless you pennywise.

I had that burg probably 5 years ago when I think it came out for the first time and it was good then, glad to hear it still is

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't know what it is but I'm seriously impressed by that meal. I mean it's been a while since I've been to Culver's but it was just so majestic. The burger was made like in a commercial. It was so good.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

You're on a 1600 calorie intake???

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Culver's cheese curds are probably my favorite fast food item. Their fish sandwich is super legit too. I love Culver's.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Got the pot roast sandwich on Goon recommendation. It was solid but needed a sauce of some sort. Was just bun and pot roast. Instead of fries I got steamed broccoli which was actually really tasty. And cheese curds because why not.

Super jealous of the mayo pump, I have to ask for my mayo in packets like some sort of weirdo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

sports posted:

You're on a 1600 calorie intake???

Yeah it's a bit aggressive but I actually have a hard time hitting it. Depression makes me not want to eat anything.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah it's a bit aggressive but I actually have a hard time hitting it. Depression makes me not want to eat anything.

Cloud silver lining (stomach lining?)

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Got some buffalo chicken tenders today and instead of the usual four, there were five in the box. :blessed:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

A beautiful Culver's appreciation article <3

quote:

For all the debates about In-N-Out Burger versus East Coast competitors, too many people have slept on the quiet chain where the intense word-of-mouth love is so strong that it doesn’t even bother advertising. “If Culver’s had started in California, can you imagine the rabid fandom that would have ensued?” Zimmern said.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/culvers-menu-items-sides-butter-burger

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Andrew Zimmern?! That guy is one of my heroes!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Andrew Zimmern?! That guy is one of my heroes!

Yep! he's from Minneapolis and he's always a huge advocate for the Midwest.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Zimmern and Bourdain are/were the best people in food media. Used to hold Alton Brown in similar regard but he’s apparently some kind of christian weirdo and also his shows suck now. drat it now I want a pub burger :rubshands:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Bourdain gets poo poo because he's a (good imo) writer so a lot of his narration is artsy. I like it for the same reason some people hate it. I really liked Bourdain and that was one of the few celebrity deaths that I actually cared about.

I love Alton Brown too, mostly because of Good Eats. I don't like a lot of what he does now which is just commentating except for he's on Worst Cooks now. I heard he was a fundy or something but I haven't seen any evidence and I'm not sure if I want to. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

forgive the dumb facebook meme format, but :kiss:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

That’s about right for rice lake

timn
Mar 16, 2010
I can only presume they're out there because the restaurant is packed with the middle school hockey team, their parents, and their screaming younger siblings.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Culvers are all over where I live, and their burgs are pretty good. I especially love their fries.

However, their fish fry is pretty great. Guaranteed it's better than 90% of them out there from any hole in the wall joint. Sure, you don't get to suck down a beer, but their fish is huge, the breading done perfect, and the rest of the dish fries/slaw/bun are thumbs uppers.

In fact I'm going to have it tonight.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
For real.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I don’t know that it’s better than 90% of em but it doesn’t matter if you don’t have to wait an hour for a table and then another 15 for food. Shits good and ready

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I've never had the fish fry because a big part of fish frys for me is the whole atmosphere/bar thing. but the Culver's one is available every day, right? maybe when I'm craving and it's not a friday...

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

If I’m being honest non-walleye fish fry is essentially garbage, but this is a fast food forum and I’m not above fast food fish. Culver’s is probably the best fast food fish

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I was kindly pointed in this direction by wonderful forums poster Crusty Nutsack.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I was kindly pointed in this direction by wonderful forums poster Crusty Nutsack.

welcome to the fold :hfive:

if you do drive 4.5 hours to get Culver's, you are hereby required to document your trip here

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Crusty Nutsack posted:

welcome to the fold :hfive:

if you do drive 4.5 hours to get Culver's, you are hereby required to document your trip here

I mean NC is a hell of a lot closer than Dallas, TX which is the only Culver's I've been to. So it's very likely.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Their custard is magic for us. My wife has Chron's and ice cream is poison to her, but she can have half a small Culver’s custard with no ill effects.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Their custard is magic for us. My wife has Chron's and ice cream is poison to her, but she can have half a small Culver’s custard with no ill effects.

why do you suppose that is??

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bad news, work is moving away from Downtown Ann Arbor and all of their restaurants. Good news, new place is in walking distance of Culver's.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 26, 2020

sports
Sep 1, 2012

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
A product made primarily from milk and sugar causes her great gastric distress but a product that’s mostly milk, sugar, and egg yolks does not.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Since Culver’s already does curds I kind of wish they would do Poutine. It’d be good but they probably get their curds pre packaged for frying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Gatts posted:

Since Culver’s already does curds I kind of wish they would do Poutine. It’d be good but they probably get their curds pre packaged for frying

yeah, the curds would definitely be breaded. but, they have gravy all the time, so just order fries, curds, and a side of gravy and make your own

hashtagHACK