Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

GORDON posted:

I saw a tweet a long time ago, something about how they refused to do it because they didn't want to have to have mobile-ordering-discounts like the other restaurants do (CFA doesn't, as far as I know), in some sort of race to the bottom.

mobile's probably different from online. they have an online ordering system on the website but not all the restaurants have rolled it out yet

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

carry on then posted:

mobile's probably different from online. they have an online ordering system on the website but not all the restaurants have rolled it out yet

I just have a lovely location, then. The only one near me doesn't appear in the Online Ordering option, on the dot com.

Which means I will not be patronizing their location, which is a bummer. They need to not be luddites.

They opened six months ago, and they had lines down the road for the drive-through. Since they don't expedite the process with advance ordering, I guess I can see part of their problem.

----------------

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Yeah the most conveniently located one by me doesn't do online ordering so we end up going there a lot less cos sitting in line loving sucks. There is parking for pickup so maybe they do phone orders or something

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't get online ordering. I go to the window, tell them my order, get it in like 2 minutes (depending on their efficiency). If there's more like 3 people in line then I just go somewhere else.

I don't want my food sitting around in a bag cooling down and getting rubbery until I get there. I don't care about the promotions.

----------------

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

You'd never eat at culvers around here if 3 cars is too much lmao

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Culver's is usually packed but I always eat inside there anyway.

They have a mayo dispenser.

----------------

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't get online ordering. I go to the window, tell them my order, get it in like 2 minutes (depending on their efficiency). If there's more like 3 people in line then I just go somewhere else.

I don't want my food sitting around in a bag cooling down and getting rubbery until I get there. I don't care about the promotions.

I don't think that any of the fast food restaurants make it until you show up anyway and check in via app or at the drive-thru.

It seems like a way to easily communicate some complicated special order of 'double onions, no tomato, light lettuce' or whatever, but beyond that I don't really see the point in it. And the special order will be hosed up anyway.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

It seems like a way to easily communicate some complicated special order of 'double onions, no tomato, light lettuce' or whatever, but beyond that I don't really see the point in it. And the special order will be hosed up anyway.

This is what people in the taco bell thread use it for. Special orders. I never special order anything at any fast food place because they will gently caress it up.

----------------

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Into the speaker: "And for the 5th order, I'd like...."

Person behind them, listening in: contemplates ramming the car

Or, "Hi, mobile order for a, b, c, and d?"

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So for sure they make it right there? If that's true then the only thing it'd be good for is promotions I guess. The app wouldn't help me if there is still someone in front of me with 5 special orders.

I'm trying to justify me getting those apps but I can't.

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think the only ones that make the food when you order versus arrive are pizza places.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So for sure they make it right there? If that's true then the only thing it'd be good for is promotions I guess. The app wouldn't help me if there is still someone in front of me with 5 special orders.

I'm trying to justify me getting those apps but I can't.

The main reason I prefer online ordering at any restaurant is because it removes one of the failure points. I can put in the order to hold the pickles, and I can verify before I submit that pickles are held. Talking to a bored, faceless person behind the speaker hole is about half the possibility of getting an incorrect order.

Plus the time you save not placing the order, especially if multiples, and customizations. It's superior in every way. And paying through the app, now you're not passing covid-ridden cash or cards back and forth.

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GORDON posted:

The main reason I prefer online ordering at any restaurant is because it removes one of the failure points. I can put in the order to hold the pickles, and I can verify before I submit that pickles are held. Talking to a bored, faceless person behind the speaker hole is about half the possibility of getting an incorrect order.

Plus the time you save not placing the order, especially if multiples, and customizations. It's superior in every way. And paying through the app, now you're not passing covid-ridden cash or cards back and forth.

There is no guarantee they won't gently caress up your order with the app. Read the Taco Bell thread.

It takes me <30 seconds to order at the window. It'd take me longer to order on the app.

----------------

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

the app thing is a weird hill to die on penny lol some people like it, some don't :shrug:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
and yet it's a hill he continues to try and die on over and over and over and over

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's my hill. Stay off of it. I am king here.

----------------

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

The local franchise gives out coupons for free scoops w/ purchase of a basket when the baseball team gets 5 runs in a game.

Grabbed a pretzel haus pub burger and a scoop of cookie dough today. I always forget how just okay this burg is. I still prefer a normal double deluxe or mushroom swiss.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It just needs vegetables imo.
Like that should be 50% lettuce, onion, tomato, and pickle.
Possibly more. Perhaps 100%.
In fact throw the burger into the garbage and just pour a V8 into an IV bag and strap me down

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love burgers with vegetables. Lettuce, onion, pickles, tomatoes. Give me more food.

I hate people who are like.... no onions please, they're too spicy.

----------------

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I went to Culvers when I was in Minnesota and if you get cheese curds instead of their lovely fries you get perhaps the best possible fast food meal. Beats the poo poo out of inandout and whataburger.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
the onion rings are also a good substitute for the fries

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The only thing at Culver's which is not excellent is the fries, so swapping for the onion rings or curds which are both excellent is the only play.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Hear me out; get onion rings and curds.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Hypnolobster posted:

:hmmyes:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I went to Culvers when I was in Minnesota and if you get cheese curds instead of their lovely fries you get perhaps the best possible fast food meal. Beats the poo poo out of inandout and whataburger.

Boys looks like we got another convert!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Hypnolobster posted:

I always go with a friend, we each get one, and then split.

It's the only fast food place where I get the combo. Root beer and sides are worth it here and nowhere else.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

aniviron posted:

I always go with a friend, we each get one, and then split.

It's the only fast food place where I get the combo. Root beer and sides are worth it here and nowhere else.

This just made me realize that Culvers might be the only fast food place where I sometimes am more excited about the sides and drink then the main entre. Don't get me wrong, the burgers are great, but while I doubt I would go to some other fast food place for just fries and a soda, I could definitely see myself going to Culvers just for cheese curds and their signature root beer. I mean I probably would end up getting a combo with a burger or some walleye if it's in season anyhow, but still, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would agree!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Gonna go the literal extra mile to get some butter burg

Thinking double mushroom Swiss

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

aniviron posted:

The only thing at Culver's which is not excellent is the fries, so swapping for the onion rings or curds which are both excellent is the only play.

This is very strange because the fries at Culver's here are fantastic. Way better than garbage like five guys or in n out.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Update: Not a fan of the mushrooms in gravy stuff they used but everything else was real good. Next time I'll just get a double cheeseburger.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I drove by the nearest Culvers today here in WI and there was a group of about 6-8 Mennonite women all burgin' the hell out on their outdoor tables.
Proof that God loves Culvers imo.

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

aniviron posted:

What in the gently caress, im grabbing my knife.

They have excellent crinkle-cut fries. Only outclassed by Wendys natural-cut fries on the scale of fry godhood.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Philthy posted:

What in the gently caress, im grabbing my knife.

They have excellent crinkle-cut fries. Only outclassed by Wendys natural-cut fries on the scale of fry godhood.

Hey woah those plastic knives are sharp, and the red blood would go terribly on the blue knives.

I didn't say the fries were bad, I do eat them when I get them, and I enjoy it! But compared to the onion rings or curds, which are supremely excellent? There can be no contest.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

culvers is the rare chain where someone can go "the fries suck!!" and while I'll probably roll my eyes, who cares thats an extra order of curds or rings I can steal from now

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

aniviron posted:

I didn't say the fries were bad, I do eat them when I get them, and I enjoy it! But compared to the onion rings or curds, which are supremely excellent? There can be no contest.

Yeah but if you dip the fries in the cheese sauce, they're arguably in the same tier as the curds and rings.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Hypnolobster posted:

Yeah but if you dip the fries in the cheese sauce, they're arguably in the same tier as the curds and rings.

That's cheating - you could say the same about a huge variety of foods dipped similarly.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

I prefer to ask for a side of gravy and dunk the fries in that. Haven't done it since the pandemic though. Eating my Culver's in the car makes open containers a touch fraught.

He/his pronouns.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hypnolobster posted:

I dip the cheese curds in the cheese sauce.

----------------

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

yeah me too but you're not supposed to admit it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Guys, it finally happened to me. I bought a Wendy's meal today because of the other thread talking about the new fries (btw, yes, the fries are good) and I ate the burger. It was the most disappointed I have ever been in a fast food meal. The burger wasn't especially bad or anything, it was just...just that it wasn't a Culver's butterburger. I can't eat at any other fast food place now. It all turns to dust in my mouth in comparison.