Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

the Noodles around here aren't bad, but they definitely were better like a decade ago when they still were newish and gave a poo poo. the Japanese pan noodles are ok because they have big, fat, chewy udon noodles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

i went there once in highschool and they forgot to put cheese in the mac and cheese.

Man I'm laughing way too hard at the image of them serving you a buncha bare rear end maccaroni

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Honky Dong Country posted:

Man I'm laughing way too hard at the image of them serving you a buncha bare rear end maccaroni

https://www.noodles.com/dish/buttered-noodles/

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Lmao people pay for this poo poo

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

We were very stoned it was unpleasant

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
To be fair they hooked us up after I think they were also very stoned

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Lmao people pay for this poo poo

haven't you ever met a picky rear end kid?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

To be fair they hooked us up after I think they were also very stoned

https://www.theonion.com/everyone-involved-in-pizzas-preparation-delivery-purc-1819564897

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Subway sucks still

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

RocktheCaulk posted:

Subway sucks still

This is like number three on the Fast Food Ten Commandments.

We do have these, right?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I'm up to seven:

Whenever possible, eat local.

Avoid Subway and Panda Express unless you are in an existential starvation crisis.

Cold fast food is an abomination and unclean.

Sushi is not a fast food.

Nutritional values shall never be available at Checkers.

Taco Bell and IHOP shall be glorious after six beers and 11PM.

If there are bars on the door, don’t eat the fried chicken.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Popeyes is always so loving slow. I dunno how you've got 5 people working and can't make fast food fast. :colbert:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Chik-Fil-A is lame for proudly advertising gluten free options and then bullshitting when it comes to avoiding cross-contamination. i have celiacs and usually pull up findmeglutenfree.com before going out to eat to get an idea of what i can order. this normally isn’t a big deal, but fast food restaurant reviews are so inconsistent on that site.
Chik-Fil-A only has dedicated fryers at select establishments, so a lot of the five star reviews are just people going “gently caress yeah!! i’m eatin fries today!!!” and i’m so happy for them. meanwhile you have someone doing a NIMA test on their order, it comes back positive for gluten, one star.

i’m hating on Chik-Fil-A specifically because people hear about it being gluten-free so they bring it up to me and then i have to explain that there are gluten-free options but they’re not exactly free of gluten so it’s not worth it. also, the owners hate gay people and i don’t care for that

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I miss when Mcdonalds made all their food in advance and kept it under the lamp. It’s just as likely to suck these days, only now you have to wait for some idiot to slap it together in front of you. Also props to their head office for not figuring out that you’d still need to staff a bunch of tills even when they added the self service touchscreens: humans still prefer to order from a real person, especially the four hundred old people who just want to chill out with some cheap coffee and a muffin.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Absolute classic

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Absolute classic

Additionally

https://www.theonion.com/arbys-apologizes-for-new-beef-n-bacon-sandwich-1819566128

quote:

"America, Arby's is cooking up something brand-new," said Donald Forst, president of the fast-food chain. "Just don't hold a parade or anything. This, regrettably, is just another sandwich."

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Torquemada posted:

Additionally

See also,

https://local.theonion.com/area-man-unsure-what-to-do-with-all-the-extra-ketchup-p-1819565919

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Any ramen place that doesnt make their own noddles sucks.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Arby's Now Charging $2.99 To Let Customers Go Behind Counter, Grab Handfuls Of Roast Beef

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
raising canes has no reason to exist, chicken tendies are the easiest and most abundant food in the us and they do nothing else. idgaf about their sauce. i would be happy to never eat another tendy in my life, a low effort played out food that is easily bested by wings or bone in fried chicken, which are also on notice for being played out. fry literally anything else, fish, mushrooms whatever

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Hear that chicken tendies, you are officially on notice!!!! :wth:

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why the gently caress does Chipotle even exist? Like, at all? This isn't Britain or one of those other stupid European countries where Mexicans fear to tread, this is America. Why do people go nuts for it when you can find a genuine Mexican restaurant even in Assend, North Dakota?

And don't bring up Taco Bell to me. Taco Bell hasn't pretended to be anything resembling actual Mexican food in decades, and they're all the better for it.

I grew up in North Dakota and this is very wrong (though, slightly less wrong in 2020 than it was in 1990). And please don't take this as a defense of Chipotle, it's both more genuine than North Dakota Mexican food, yet at the same time, way less satisfying. gently caress Chipotle (and Qdoba its the exact same poo poo)

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

gently caress Timmy's. Weak rear end coffee that was useless at keeping me up for a flight at the cost of decent coffee downtown. loving Tim Horton whoever you are, you hosed up.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

KiteAuraan posted:

loving Tim Horton whoever you are, you hosed up.

Considering he was a Toronto Maple Leaf who never got any money for the use of his name in the coffee business, he absolutely did

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

No seriously gently caress Chipotle (and all the derivatives). No one west of Kansas City has any excuse to be eating this poo poo — just bland and room temp chicken, chewy as gently caress beef (don’t even ask about the time they tried to do Carne Asada) mixed with 90% rice and weird liquidy sour cream.

It’s not good and if you just want to fill your stomach for $9 have some self respect and go to Taco Bell or get some scoop Chinese food, or something.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

thetan_guy42 posted:

raising canes has no reason to exist, chicken tendies are the easiest and most abundant food in the us and they do nothing else. idgaf about their sauce. i would be happy to never eat another tendy in my life, a low effort played out food that is easily bested by wings or bone in fried chicken, which are also on notice for being played out. fry literally anything else, fish, mushrooms whatever

Even that sauce that they are so self-hyped on that you have to give up a side to get a second container is pretty bland. I like their lemonade though, although that's just because it's the type of lemonade that I used to make myself when I was a kid (extremely watery).

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

thetan_guy42 posted:

Fried mushrooms should be a fast food thing I would be 100% on board for that

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

gently caress Jack in the Box' onion rings, and Sonic's. Both are trash and every location I ever tried for both always tasted the same: bad breading, dirty rear end oil.

Most fast food places cannot do an onion ring for poo poo, which pisses me off because I like them as my go-to trash food.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Chipotle/Qdoba are definitely not "Mexican food". They're a fully customizable burrito, so you can get one with corn salsa, a shitload of cilantro, olives, whatever on the inside. I don't expect that from an actual Mexican place, I expect Meat+Rice+Beans+Maybe Green Chili and no substitutions, but much tastier.

Moe's is like a solid 25% tastier than either, but we have a local chain (Illegal Pete's) that's the same poo poo but slightly better than all of them, so gently caress Chipotle.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

I'm up to seven:

Whenever possible, eat local.

Avoid Subway and Panda Express unless you are in an existential starvation crisis.

Cold fast food is an abomination and unclean.

Sushi is not a fast food.

Nutritional values shall never be available at Checkers.

Taco Bell and IHOP shall be glorious after six beers and 11PM.

If there are bars on the door, don’t eat the fried chicken.

I genuinely don’t get the hate for Panda Express. At least half of the entrees are perfectly adequate and a few are legitimately good.

The rice and chow mein are meh but fine if you mix with the entrees

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Burger King tastes bad and they deserved to be replaced by drive thru Starbucks. I don't even like Starbucks but considering they're much more busy than BK ever was, good riddance.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Resting Lich Face posted:

Popeyes is always so loving slow. I dunno how you've got 5 people working and can't make fast food fast. :colbert:

30 minutes to get 3 cars through a drive-thru... every single time... is what made us give up on Popeye's in toledo.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

TheAardvark posted:

Chipotle/Qdoba are definitely not "Mexican food". They're a fully customizable burrito, so you can get one with corn salsa, a shitload of cilantro, olives, whatever on the inside. I don't expect that from an actual Mexican place, I expect Meat+Rice+Beans+Maybe Green Chili and no substitutions, but much tastier.

Moe's is like a solid 25% tastier than either, but we have a local chain (Illegal Pete's) that's the same poo poo but slightly better than all of them, so gently caress Chipotle.

Denver represent.

And 25% is a great number to mention because Illegal Pete’s is about that much more better than the national burrito chains. Which is to say not a ton but at least it’s edible. And the bar is legit.

Come to think of it, I think some Colorado style green chile would help the big chains if they adopted it and didn’t gently caress up the preparation too much (heh), just to add some moisture to those dry meat and rice burritos.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Runza sucks. I don't know if they are still in business but if not I'm glad of it.

Also, Bronco's.

But they’re tons of funza!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I just saw a commercial for Wingstop, which reminded me of the time I ordered in a 5-piece garlic parmesan tenders & fries and the tenders were so salty I couldn't finish them. That's the only time I ever had Wingstop though, so maybe it's usually good, I don't know.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

I just saw a commercial for Wingstop, which reminded me of the time I ordered in a 5-piece garlic parmesan tenders & fries and the tenders were so salty I couldn't finish them. That's the only time I ever had Wingstop though, so maybe it's usually good, I don't know.

From the few times I've had boneless/tenders I've noticed them to be a lot saltier than the normal wings. It's probably in the breading they use.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Fartington Butts posted:

From the few times I've had boneless/tenders I've noticed them to be a lot saltier than the normal wings. It's probably in the breading they use.

drat, I wish I liked regular wings, because the tender breading has got to be like 75% salt by volume. It hurt my mouth. :gonk:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yep. I went there twice in the past two years and it was the same. I thought the first time was a fluke. It was so salty it was inedible. And my friend actually requests more of their salt on the side. I love love love salt and this was just ridiculous.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Wingstop's boneless garlic parmesan wings are fantastic. however i am the kind of person who would probably be tempted by a literal salt-lick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

It's been a while since I've had wingstop but I don't remember the boneless wings being any more salty than other similar fast food chicken products.

also the cajun sauce has been my favorite, it's just their buffalo but with cajun dry seasoning too