Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

The general sandwich selection in the Sainsbury's meal deal is terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I usually get a meal deal every Friday from tyke co-op and I'm staunchly set in my ways

Feta and red pepper pasta bowl
Grape and strawberry snack pack
Apple juice if I'm feeling good, iced latte if not

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I dream of my lunch meal deal from Tesco today. I might go for a pasta bowl today. All nearby Gregg's are non-walking distance which makes me :smith:

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Working from home today lads. A Greggs is on the cards

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
What are you gonna get

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

tikka baguette and a vegetable pasty for the walk back home

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I had tomato&basil pasta and diet coke with chicken breast fillet for snack, godbless.

Dreaming of Gregg's tho.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Got a wee bit carried away...

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

11 pounds at Gregg's? Someones flexing on us "3.50 cold sandwich+drink meal deal" peasants :smith:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I once MLG360noscoped 40 bucks on a date at Tayyabs (legendary East London Punjabi restaurant) but we got like mountains of meat and sides so it was A-ok.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Haven't been to a Greggs since I moved back to :911: eight years ago, but I remember their pizza thingies being far better than they should be. Also they made a passable donut.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Amphigory posted:

Got a wee bit carried away...

did you eat all that yourself?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Galewolf posted:

11 pounds at Gregg's? Someones flexing on us "3.50 cold sandwich+drink meal deal" peasants :smith:

It's lunch for me, plus tonight's dinner and afters :)

Good shout on Tayabs. Have you been to Needoos round the corner from it? Better, cheaper and no queue!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Haven't been to a Greggs since I moved back to :911: eight years ago, but I remember their pizza thingies being far better than they should be. Also they made a passable donut.

Those pizza things are nice which is very fortunate because it almost makes up for Scotland's great shame - the deep fried pizza

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Our greatest invention, you mean

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Amphigory posted:

It's lunch for me, plus tonight's dinner and afters :)

Good shout on Tayabs. Have you been to Needoos round the corner from it? Better, cheaper and no queue!

Actually went to Needos before Tayyabs and for real their food is better and much cheaper for massive portions. Holy poo poo, they gave me like a cauldron full of rice with karahi butter chicken korma and the garlic naan was the size of an actual pizza.

Gotta do a Whitechapel gallery run one of these days, as it seems. :getin:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Amphigory posted:

Our greatest invention, you mean

No that's maybe the deep fried mars bar which is a tasty calorie bomb of a snack

A deep fried pizza is a soggy mess and the worst thing you get in a chip shop

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Galewolf posted:

Actually went to Needos before Tayyabs and for real their food is better and much cheaper for massive portions. Holy poo poo, they gave me like a cauldron full of rice with karahi butter chicken korma and the garlic naan was the size of an actual pizza.

Gotta do a Whitechapel gallery run one of these days, as it seems. :getin:

Totally! Their lamb chops are incredible too

I live pretty close, so I'm there quite a bit

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

No that's maybe the deep fried mars bar which is a tasty calorie bomb of a snack

A deep fried pizza is a soggy mess and the worst thing you get in a chip shop

I'm sorry but I loving love half a deep fried pizza and chips

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Its the last thing I'd get out a chippy

Yes after q mock chop or god forebid a king rib :stonklol:

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

At least we agree on the king rib

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Amphigory posted:

Totally! Their lamb chops are incredible too

I live pretty close, so I'm there quite a bit

You lucky bastard :argh:

Reppin South London right now but I'll probably move to Dalston because I'm a pretentious hipster.

Speaking of, have you been to (or heard) Mangal 2? It's a proper ocakbasi Turkish grill joint and it's just delicious and reasonably priced. Deffo drop by if you ever go near Stoke-Newington/Dalston area.

My barber is next to their place so it's pretty easy to grab some delicious mezze on my way back home after a full round of hot towel haircut.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I've not been round that area for years, since all my hipster mates moved back to Scotland :)

I'll keep it in mind though, if I'm ever nearby. I really miss a decent, local Turkish place

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
This thread has made me discover why people do patriotism. I am truly proud of my country.

I see a distinct lack of acknowledgement of delicious Yum Yums though!

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I Gregg'd yesterday on my way back from work, strak bake was flaky and meaty but I think I'm still a cold baguette person.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Can confirm that the vegan steak bake is

good

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
Got a regular steak bake right here. Not warm, but there's something to be said for them when they're not warm

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I just kinda re-discovered the pastry section of Lidl today and realized that their freshly baked croissants cost 37 p where it would cost 89 p at Tesco :wtc:

Shoutout to the goon that praised the bakery section of Lidl, godbless.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Today I dreamt of Gregging in the morning but there wasn't one near the tube station to work, sad.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Has there been any noticeable effects felt post greggsit or are things generally stable

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The gubmint re-introduced IR 35 bill which kinda hosed all contract freelance workers (including IT people getting paid so much that they never bothered to work any other company) so much that people are actually protesting rn.

Things seem more stable now and after post Greggsit at least the air of uncertainty is no more (for good or bad...mostly bad) . London is still grossly expensive, Canary Wharf is a soulless glass prison and I want to escape to North for an extended weekend but it's is cold, business as usual

I need to post my invoices early tomorrow so I guess I'll Gregg for breakfast.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Stay strong friend

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Thanks, Greggfriend :unsmith:

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

shout out to the rudebois bigging up percy ingle.

also quick greggs-related question. does anyone know what is up wrt the beef and veg pasty (formerly cornish pasty)? some branches have it and others don't which is a shame because it's a dope option. i've asked in the shop but have met with differing tales and its way better than the steak bake but rarely available. anyone got the goss?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Galewolf posted:

The gubmint re-introduced IR 35 bill which kinda hosed all contract freelance workers (including IT people getting paid so much that they never bothered to work any other company) so much that people are actually protesting rn.

Things seem more stable now and after post Greggsit at least the air of uncertainty is no more (for good or bad...mostly bad) . London is still grossly expensive, Canary Wharf is a soulless glass prison and I want to escape to North for an extended weekend but it's is cold, business as usual

I need to post my invoices early tomorrow so I guess I'll Gregg for breakfast.

You realise that we haven't left yet right?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Strawman posted:

You realise that we haven't left yet right?

I do, this is from an outsiders perspective as in people started to stop talking about "what will happen in the election? :ohdear:" and things are going into a direction. I swear I saw tv ads telling EU citizens here to register for post-brexit rights.

One tangible change: Due to Brexit, the visa type I came here is going to be cancelled at the end of the year which existed since like 1963. Not sure if it'll affect existing ones (looks like it will not) but on the good news side there will be a new Australian type points based work visa etc.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

dpf posted:

shout out to the rudebois bigging up percy ingle.

also quick greggs-related question. does anyone know what is up wrt the beef and veg pasty (formerly cornish pasty)? some branches have it and others don't which is a shame because it's a dope option. i've asked in the shop but have met with differing tales and its way better than the steak bake but rarely available. anyone got the goss?

probs it doesn't sell well if you can't call it a cornish pasty so maybe it'll make a comeback post-brexit

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Posting from the north west, Sayers >>>> Greggs.

Does Greggs have a blackcurrant tart? Does it gently caress.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Greggs is love, Greggs is life.

My breakfast mission failed, I haven't Gregg'd in 4 days and it feels sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

We went to Tayyabs today, it was good.