Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Galewolf posted:

We went to Tayyabs today, it was good.

Yes boss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

Galewolf posted:

We went to Tayyabs today, it was good.

hell yeah

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I ate the leftovers (prawn and lamb) with Uncle Ben's Mexican rice I cooked with chicken stock, #blessed.

Though, 28 quid per head felt a bit steep (we had shitloads of food tho) imma do Needos next time.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Got a Mexican chicken oval bite and cheese and onion pasty for lunch after skipping breakfast. Was the third to last pasty but the molten cheese still scalded my tongue

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
at least it didnt boil your bellend

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
has there ever been a Sex Dwarf / Greggs crossover story in the Sport yet? I think it's a niche they've yet to explore

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
You can fit an entire regiment of sex dwarves in a steak bake.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I got myself a chicken&bacon baguette and apple juice from G-town. Came back home and prepped some scrambled eggs and stuffed that into the baguettes and now working at home.

I buy half baked baguettes and prep my own chicken filling and oven bake sum bacon but :effort:

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Galewolf mate, you're a bad influence

We had an Indian takeaway on Friday, and I was planning to finish the leftovers tonight

Got home today and my Wife says she's got me a Mexican chicken baguette...

So, thinking of your lunch, I chucked the warmed up leftovers into the baguette, too

Chana masala, chicken curry and pakora

loving hell I feel ill

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I'm certainly in a stress eating mode for my upcoming visa extension application and put on like 3 kg recently so it's not my proudest time :smith:

At least I'm having a varied range including salads, veggies and fruits, too.

We had a massive reflux after Tayyabs but #sorrynotsorry.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Ah, poo poo mate, sorry to hear it. Hope it all goes well

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

(Regarding the reflux - keep a classic Gaviscon bottle in your medicine cabinet for just such an occasion :) )

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Thanks, mate trying to hold it together until end of April without balooning but not going well.

I have a big bottle of Gaviscon which is like godsend when my stomach decides to go :supaburn: at 3 a.m. when I pour Extra-Extra Hot Sauce in Nando's.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Haha, we're definitely kindred spirits, I'm swigging Gaviscon right out the bottle after that monster sandwich dinner

Good luck with the visa stuff! And don't worry about the eating, you have enough on your mind without stressing about that

Amphigory fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 17, 2020

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
If you want something cheaper than gaviscon half a teaspoon of bicarb of soda in water does the trick

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

walked straight past a greggs today. already eaten lunch. what could have been . . . .

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

1x Sausage, Bean & Cheese Melt
1x Corned Beef Bake
1x Sausage Roll
1x Yum Yum

Boom.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Since this thread started I have not had a single greggs

I have had a goodfellows and stevens from the van that visits work and they do a marvellous empire biscuit

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I on the other hand entered a Greggs for the first time last week thanks to this thread.

The pasty was cold and rather heavy on the pastry but I enjoyed the sausage rolls and chicken bake. Will go back.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I've been out of the country for a week, just back

Craving that Greggs...

Also fancy an Empire Biscuit. gently caress, man, no had one of those for years

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Also about a year ago my sister in law introduced me to the Greggs Pasty Sandwich:

Take two slices of bread and butter liberally.
Insert your Greggs pasty of choice in between the slices of bread (In my opinion Chicken Bakes are the best for this, but feel free to experiment. The pasty should be warm but not too hot as you're going to be handling it with only a bread shield.)

Enjoy!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
That sounds suspiciously like the well known Dundee delight the "pie on a roll" - a stodgy hangover curing monstrosity.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

My mate, Big Dave, used to get a roll and sausage roll

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

That sounds suspiciously like the well known Dundee delight the "pie on a roll" - a stodgy hangover curing monstrosity.

The concept is very similar, I agree. I had a SB&C melt one for dinner today and it was AMAZING.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The SBC, as a subset of baked bean products, is bad.

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

Straight up Chicken Bake today. Nothing fancy.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Wigan do this poo poo too. “Pie Barm”. Absolute loving savages.

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

The PieTech in Wigan is amazing. I still remember the first time I saw a guy get a pint and a pie and drink the head off the pint so he could rest his pie in it. They're leagues ahead of the rest of us in that town.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

loving incredible

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Dell_Zincht posted:

1x Corned Beef Bake
1x Sausage Roll
1x Yum Yum

Boom.

Nice heart attack you got there, mate (gonna get myself one, soon :getin:).

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Dell_Zincht posted:

1x Corned Beef Bake
1x Sausage Roll
1x Yum Yum

Boom.

What the gently caress is a corned beef bake?! Didn't know Gregg's did regional delicacies.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bollock Monkey posted:

What the gently caress is a corned beef bake?! Didn't know Gregg's did regional delicacies.

It's a corned beef pasty but called a bake like all their other rectangular pastry based products

Okay so I've just found out they're not sold nationwide, woah!

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 7, 2020

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Again, people still haven't replied to my question from earlier - can you still get mango chicken sandwiches (maybe called "extra bites"?) at any Greggs anywhere?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Galewolf posted:

Thanks, mate trying to hold it together until end of April without balooning but not going well.

I have a big bottle of Gaviscon which is like godsend when my stomach decides to go :supaburn: at 3 a.m. when I pour Extra-Extra Hot Sauce in Nando's.

Get a ranitidine prescription and never suffer heartburn again

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ginsters's pasties are dogshit

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Dell_Zincht posted:

It's a corned beef pasty but called a bake like all their other rectangular pastry based products

Okay so I've just found out they're not sold nationwide, woah!

I've never encountered them in the Midlands, London, South West or South East. Any good?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

oh but seriously I posted:

ginsters's pasties are dogshit

:shrug: I liked their peppered steak slice.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bollock Monkey posted:

I've never encountered them in the Midlands, London, South West or South East. Any good?

Yeah they're my favourite, especially when piping hot. It's just corned beef and potato at the end of the day, though. I wouldn't say you're massively missing out!

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Anyone tried the Greggs stuff you can get from Iceland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

It's a pretty decent approximation of the real thing

The pastry is raw so you actually cook it in the oven, not just heat it up from frozen

Amphigory fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 9, 2020