Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Glad you got back onto this, did you have any thoughts about the internal height? (Tomarse is tall AF y'all, I'm not and I don't remember being able to stand up inside)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tomarse posted:

I think lifting the roof is a job for a future year! (stripping the sides out and cutting holes has made me realise how easy this would actually be!)

I was thinking of bribing you with some beers to sit and sketchup me a new interior layout being that I have now moved the door since your last excellent one!. I know what I want to do but need to plan it to confirm how many sheets of wood I need and to try and get them pre-cut to approximately correct sizes. I can bring it round to yours and upset your neighbours :lol:

No bribe required, I'd love to help however I can. Let me know when and what you want.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm not at all familiar with the kit you're using but if you're getting current flow in one of two directions could you put 2 LEDs in line, one for charge with polarity to match, one for discharge with polarity reversed?

E: can't be that simple, the discharge led would drain constantly surely

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I had a 5l for the old lawnmower going spare but it's 10l, 160mmm wide, 350mmm deep, 280mmm high.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That's a good app. Do you have a link or part number for those panel clips?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Those refillable ones seen expensive initially (~£180) but yes when you consider a 907 is 2.7 kg of gas for ~£22-30 it looks a lot more sensible long term.

That's why my 907 got turned into a tiny fire pit.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

You could do with 2 tanks as you describe but a crossfeed so the liquid level in both equalises, but I know far less about vehicle LPG than you do so :shrug:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tomarse posted:

Apart from the front doors it now has paint all over it!

Its got a couple of small runs, quite a few bugs (the greenfly were loving it when the sun came out) and a couple of loads of plant jizz on one side but i'm happy with it!

From when I saw it in person that's incredible and looks like a new truck, great work. Don't sweat the bugs, they'll rub out/off when dry.

quote:

I have no idea why everyone makes paint rollers using glue that doesn't work with all paints..

Money. Sadly it's always money.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pull the number plate bulb and try again

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

My brother is rolling restoring an SE6 scimitar, apparently due to the fibreglass body they have a separate independent ground loom which makes this sort of thing doubly fun.

Truck looks great.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yay the 101 is back!

The flooring won't be too bad if you get a warm day, that makes it all so much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I apologise if my kids jumping around on it contributed!

casque posted:

This could be an opportunity for aluminum brazing if you've got a torch.

Those too-good-to-be-true-looking aluminium brazing rods I keep seeing might be just the trick as they'll be non structural, but I guess you'd have to strip the insulation etc. from inside first.