Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Japanese eye
Jun 27, 2018

by Reene
Where is all the good gay fast food. Just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Japanese eye posted:

Where is all the good gay fast food. Just saying.

Food trucks.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Their spicy chicken sandwich owns. I used to do the boycott cause of their lovely anti-gay politics but then I realized there is no ethical consumption under capitalism anyway. Went hog wild on that spicy hate chicken.

Their drive thru lines are always super long but move faster than you think.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I live in South carolina and Myrtle Beach has loving trash rear end food. I eat at Chik-Fil-A once a week.

I was a Spicy Deluxe, Pepperjack, No Pickles man forever and ever, Large Waffle with 4 CFA sauce... but then someone on Twitter was like "Spicy Deluxe with Paul & Niesha sauce is the TRUTH" and after I realized what they meant i started dumping a Paul & Niesha sauce on my Spicy Deluxe and it's literally the Super Saiyan version of the sandwich, like it's full potential is unlocked.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

Bust Rodd posted:

"Spicy Deluxe with Paul & Niesha sauce is the TRUTH"

Bust Rodd posted:

"Spicy Deluxe with Paul & Niesha"

Bust Rodd posted:

"Paul & Niesha"

Wait...

...Oh.

Oh.

OHH POLYNESIAN SAUCE

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I’m kind of impressed that someone found a way to make that poo poo more racist.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Chick-fil-a near me seems to only employ gay people. Not sure what to make of that, but I enjoy their chicken sandwiches.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
its because 99% of people do not politicize their chicken sandwhiches based on how lovely the CEO of the company is. It's basically just this one restaurant and papa Johns that it happens to, instead of, like, all of them.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

its because 99% of people do not politicize their chicken sandwhiches based on how lovely the CEO of the company is. It's basically just this one restaurant and papa Johns that it happens to, instead of, like, all of them.

And Jimmy Johns. I mean their restaurant walls are plastered with signs that say "fukken kids need to work harder and not complain lol" but drat that cubano is good.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

When they discontinued the spicy chicken biscuit Jesus wept.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pickles on chicken is some gap toothed southerner bullshit.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

SilvergunSuperman posted:

What the gently caress

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

sports posted:

What the gently caress

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Agree but pickles on anything is loving gross. I don't know who the first slack-jawed yokel was that decided a delicious hot protein and a soft chewy bun should be separated by a cold wet vegetable soaked in literal BRINE but if I could go back in time and choose between dropkicking baby Hitler out a window or stopping pickles from becoming a staple of burgers and chicken sandwiches I would WINDMILL SLAM pickle guys head in a car door.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Pickle Brine is salt, water, vinegar and spices. People have been brining (salt+water) meat for ages to tenderize it, chick fil a just used actual pickle brine instead to give it more flavor.

How dare you poo poo talk the crispy, tangy pickle. There wouldn’t be chick fil a without pickles

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They could call it Chik-Fil-A-Lot-Better-Than-If-It-Had-Pickles

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Y’all ain’t got taste or sense.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I love Chick-Fil-A and I'm sorry but crispy fatty sandwich needs that vinegary tang of pickles for contrast. A chicken sandwich would not be a chicken sandwich without pickles.

When I go there I alternate between the Spicy Deluxe and diet lemonade and the chicken nuggets and waffle fries. CFA is the only place I will eat nuggets at all, because they are actual chunks of chicken meat instead of shaped and formed chicken paste like other fast foot places.

I think they must pay well because besides the employees are so positive and hygienic looking and give the impression they actually want to be there, also unlike other fast food places. I'm just sad the two we have are both clear on the other side of town from me. Also they keep the bathrooms very clean.

The only thing I dislike is that their sandwich buns have this weird sweet flavor I find kind of offputting.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Their waffle fries are quite delicious but they also want to literally murder LGBT folks which is not worth eating french fries.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Their waffle fries are quite delicious but they also want to literally murder LGBT folks which is not worth eating french fries.

The WinShape Foundation hasn’t contributed to NCF since about 2012, and the Chick fil a charitable org has dropped the Salvation Army and Fellowship of Christian Athletes (in addition to a bunch of non-problematic ones). Considering the restaurant was founded by Evangelicals I will take what I can get.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah, also that line of reasoning doesn’t make any sense, you can apply it to literally any other business. Money that goes to Wal*Mart, or Exxon-Mobil, or Nestle, or Apple is contributing to far more human suffering than CFA, but because people are extremely easy to manipulate, Twitter has crafted this bizarre narrative where spicy chicken sandwiches are a battleground for the American soul.

As a “B” in the GLBT who lives in the South, a lot of people would probably want to kill me at lots of places I shop and eat. It’s also very, very easy to divorce the actions of a CEO a million miles away from the pleasant high school kids and old people making my food.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I'm not going to report it because I am not a snitch but check out rule 2 of this sub.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Zoe posted:

I love Chick-Fil-A and I'm sorry but crispy fatty sandwich needs that vinegary tang of pickles for contrast. A chicken sandwich would not be a chicken sandwich without pickles.

:yeah:

people don't have to like pickles, but if someone doesn't understand that there is a reason they are on the sandwich, then they're just a doofus

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: nm

The fries are good. Probably the best I've had at any fast food place. Only thing I got for this company.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I like to use the clean bathroom at chick-fil-a sometimes and while I'm there I often steal ketchup packets because they have the awesome dip cup kind, but FOH about ever actually buying food from them.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
My local CFA pays their workers like $15/hr as a starting wage. I’m incredibly jealous.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I tried the grilled nugs recently and they were great. 10/10 juicy and delicious.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
i like their lunch a lot but they still have like the best biscuits in the biz for breakfast if we're talking chains.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
One thing that’s weird to me about CFA is that I’ve tried a few other menu items and think everything else on the menu besides the stuff I like is...trash?

Like their nuggets are weird, their grilled chicken options are weird, their other sides are out-and-out bad... it’s wild that I consider their Spicy Deluxe to be the hands-down #1 chicken sandwich in the game and their Waffle Fries to be peerless, the rest of their menu seems like rank booty.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

tetsuo posted:

i like their lunch a lot but they still have like the best biscuits in the biz for breakfast if we're talking chains.

I like Hardee's biscuits better.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I think both Popeyes and Bojangles have better biscuits tbh

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I took my formerly incarcerated older brother to CFA for the first time and we each got a Spicy Deluxe combo. I showed him how to soak the sandwich in Polynesian sauce and he loved the CFA sauce on the waffle fries so much he put a couple of dipping sauces in his pockets for at home lol.

CFA is so loving good.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what was he in for

Japanese eye
Jun 27, 2018

by Reene
The most homophobic chicken sandwich he ever saw, from the sounds of it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I honestly tried to explain the whole “controversy” and the first thing he said was “yeah but don’t the CEOs from every restaurant just vote for Trump and other republicans every time? Like there all rich rear end in a top hat psychos why is this particular one so special?” and I was like “LoL drat we are related”

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

indigi posted:

what was he in for

He murdered a guy, there’s an 18 page thread about him in GBS.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902146

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

its vastly superior to raisin canes.

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
One of the few good things of living in the midwest is everyone I go eat burgs or whatever with gives me their pickles. Child palates.

I'm not the biggest fan of their food, it's overrated - but every other chain should just do what they do with their app and drive-thru line management. They could literally just sell logistics to better food chains and make a ton of money.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

If you don't like pickles, you are a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One
Stopped by one today since we’re in Orlando.

Tried the grilled spicy chicken deluxe, it was really good. Also I had no idea they made Mac and cheese so I got that as a side.

I have to say this may be the best fast food Mac and cheese.

BromanderData fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 5, 2020