Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i dont get it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

SchnorkIes posted:

What's up with the hype for this place there's one every six feet with a line around the block now and I went to see this new amazing cfa yesterday and it's the same as it was in the 90s

For me it’s just their bbq sauce for nuggs, it’s outstanding. It’s otherwise kinda bad yeah

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
Made imitation chick fil a at home, and the recipe called for confectioners sugar in the batter...I thought "gross" but did it anyway. In all subsequent trips to cfa, can't help but taste how sweet it is (and not in a good way).

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Got this in my bag today:

The website says it's only a test market thing but I'm intrigued.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Cosa Nostra Aetate posted:

Made imitation chick fil a at home, and the recipe called for confectioners sugar in the batter...I thought "gross" but did it anyway. In all subsequent trips to cfa, can't help but taste how sweet it is (and not in a good way).

The recipe I saw calls for MSG since that’s what Chick fil a uses. The confectioner’s sugar does sound gross.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

DreamingofRoses posted:

The recipe I saw calls for MSG since that’s what Chick fil a uses. The confectioner’s sugar does sound gross.

confectioner's sugar thickens the batter without protein (since it has cornstarch in it and sugar itself thickens) and helps produce more browning. adding a little to batter for frying isn't unheard of

theres also the fact that just, it's fast food, there's sugar in everything

----------------

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I tried the Popeyes chicken sandwich. Chick fil a is superior and like 250 fewer calories and doesn’t rely on a fuckin glop of mayo

----------------

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

indigi posted:

I tried the Popeyes chicken sandwich. Chick fil a is superior and like 250 fewer calories and doesn’t rely on a fuckin glop of mayo

I mean it's like twice as big so yeah.

Also spicy is always the pro move at Popeyes.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

sean10mm posted:

This is a good point, they are insanely consistent on a level McDonald's only dreams of.

I guess In-N-Out has that consistency too? And they write Jesus poo poo on their drink cups so they have that in common too, though AFAIK they're less dicks about it.

I guess fast food is best from religious fanatics, maybe ISIS needs to sidestep into making a better version of Taco Bell.

Yeah, the Chick-Fil-A's I have been to have been extremely well-run, and they get your food to you really quickly, at least when the other people ahead of you at the drive through are not taking 15 minutes to order a chicken sandwich. They are better than McDonald's in that area, and McDonald's is much better than most fast food franchises.

The people who work there are trained to say 'my pleasure' instead of 'you're welcome', which is a little weird though.

----------------

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm pretty sure they get a mark on their employee file or something if a manager hears them say "you're welcome" or "no problem."

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

“My pleasure” is weird af, but I know that a ton of boomers take “no problem” as a response to being thanked as a major insult because it implies that their asking for something or whatever was an inconvenience lmao

presumably that’s why chickfila does it, so young whippersnapper employees don’t upset the olds

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Crusty Nutsack posted:

“My pleasure” is weird af, but I know that a ton of boomers take “no problem” as a response to being thanked as a major insult because it implies that their asking for something or whatever was an inconvenience lmao

presumably that’s why chickfila does it, so young whippersnapper employees don’t upset the olds

that was the reason given when i worked for a major publicly-traded hospitality company. we weren't even allowed to say "you're welcome" because god forbid we imply the exchange that just concluded was between people of equal social standing

----------------

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

silence_kit posted:

Yeah, the Chick-Fil-A's I have been to have been extremely well-run, and they get your food to you really quickly, at least when the other people ahead of you at the drive through are not taking 15 minutes to order a chicken sandwich. They are better than McDonald's in that area, and McDonald's is much better than most fast food franchises.

Chick-Fil-A's make so much more revenue than any other fast food chain. Part of my last job involved looking at sales tax records for businesses in north Texas and CFA franchises stood out in a huge way in the data. Since they make so much revenue CFA can be much more demanding of the franchise owners and the stores can hire a lot more staff than the average drive thru place.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
I get irrationally angry at the Chick-fil-A drive-thru causing traffic issues during the lunch and dinner hours. gently caress, people; it's just chicken.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Technowrite posted:

I get irrationally angry at the Chick-fil-A drive-thru causing traffic issues during the lunch and dinner hours. gently caress, people; it's just chicken.

I will get my nuggets with Polynesian sauce and waffle fries and you can't stop me.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

Zil posted:

I will get my nuggets with Polynesian sauce and waffle fries and you can't stop me.

I'm sorry your taste in sauce sucks

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Technowrite posted:

I'm sorry your taste in sauce sucks

youre gonna be polynesian an ambulance when i'm through with you

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Technowrite posted:

It’s amazing to me how long other people take to order a chicken sandwich in the drive through line.

----------------

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Technowrite posted:

Raising Cane’s is just chicken.

Chickflick you can at least get a sando without making it yourself.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I don’t think I’ve ever been as disillusioned with the internet hype for a chain restaurant than Raising Cane’s. Wet-rear end chicken tenders.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever been as disillusioned with the internet hype for a chain restaurant than Raising Cane’s. Wet-rear end chicken tenders.

Canes is unbelievably bland. It is the mayonnaise of fast food chains.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Technowrite posted:

Wait till a Jollibee opens up in your area because it's every Filipino citizen's duty to grab a bucket of chicken and sweet spaghetti no matter how long the lines are.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

halokiller posted:

Wait till a Jollibee opens up in your area because it's every Filipino citizen's duty to grab a bucket of chicken and sweet spaghetti no matter how long the lines are.

Yeah but the chicken is real fuckin' good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Same but Chick-Fil-A instead. No idea what the hype is about.

----------------

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Chick-Fil-A is extremely fast (when there isn’t a long line) and is very consistent. They might be the best national fast food franchise in those two respects.

That’s worth a lot IMO. Their food’s good too.

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There's always a long line.

And I always hear goons talking about those assholes just waiting in line out of the parking lot into moving traffic and blocking them.

Jesus gently caress just choose a different place to go to.

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I wouldn't hesitate to sit there laying on the horn

----------------

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Same but Chick-Fil-A instead. No idea what the hype is about.

I mean I won’t eat chick fil-a on account of politics, so idk.

Popeyes is the chicken of the people

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

I mean I won’t eat chick fil-a on account of politics, so idk.

Popeyes is the chicken of the people

Ah yes, the anti-union, anti-higher minimum wage, health-benefit slashing Popeyes is the chicken of the people.

It’s a chicken sandwich.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Popeye's is good too but service can be slow and the food can be inconsistent. The Chick-Fil-As near me don't consistently have obnoxiously long lines, and I can bypass a lot of the lines by ordering inside.

I was really a fan of the Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich until I went one time and got one where the breading was spongy with a really gross taste and texture. I had to scrape off all of the breading with a knife at home to be able to get it down. That experience has turned me off the Popeye's chicken sandwich since.

----------------

silence_kit fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Sep 21, 2021

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Chick Fil A lines move a lot faster than you think they would based on the number of vehicles in line. They have their drive thru game fuckin' down

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

Previa_fun posted:

Chick Fil A lines move a lot faster than you think they would based on the number of vehicles in line. They have their drive thru game fuckin' down

They really do. It's just that everyone wants Chick-fil-A at the worst possible times.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I think I'm gonna get a hashbrown scramble bowl with a fruit cup and a diet lemonade for breakfast today. gently caress Chick-fil-A, but a couple times a year I just gotta have it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Turned in a gift card I got from a Christmas party on a spicy biscuit and a cold brew coffee, dry rear end sad rear end biscuit, overcooked chicken, coffee just straight up fuckin chocolate milk, it’s bad enough to hate the lgtbquties with this dogshit chicken but now you gotta hate yourself too

rememberin a time in child hood, best chicken sandwich you could get, not knowing nothing except it was some good drat chicken, now time has marched on and now the chicken place is nothing but a monument to hubris and hate, sad, 2 out of 5 on a scale of 10, Popeyes please start a breakfast menu

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Chick-fil-a might have the worst coffee of any restaurant anywhere. Like aggressively bad.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
I remember a time when Chik-fil-A was literally mall food court grade chicken like the only place you could get it was in a lovely mall.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

im a gay and im ashamed to say i like chicfila and eat there on occasion. when the waffles fries are good and properly salted thay are pretty darned good but unfortunately this is only like 36% of the time. chicken biscuit is okay but the sometimes the biscuits are dry and fall apart also lol its like 80% of your sodium for the day right at breakfast

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

man i forgot about this thread

chick fil a still manages to be astonishingly evil in an industry that prides itself on being evil

the closest thing there is to a people's fast food is an owner-operated food truck. second tier is places that pay above minimum and provide benefits, like in n out and starbucks. third tier is everyone else but chick fil a, and fourth tier is chick fil a, garbage that belongs in the trash

----------------

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
Chickafil is indeed good. But then again my taste buds have no fucks to give about the political leanings of those who make my food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Hasselblad posted:

Chickafil is indeed good. But then again my taste buds have no fucks to give about the political leanings of those who make my food.

Av post combo lol

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!