Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It has been one week since I heard Yuka Sakazaki's theme live in Cleveland, Ohio. This Wednesday, My Judas, we are in Huntsville, AL at the Von Braun Center for Dynamite.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1224830426663063553

Our most important match is Dr. Britt Baker, DMD (aka every TA) vs. Yuka Sakazaki (aka a cool genie and the Tokyo Joshi Pro Princess of Princesses champion) and boy is there a lot to unpack here. Both women were on AEW's official first show, as Dr. Baker was in the American Wrestling 4-Way at Double or Nothing and Yuka Sakazaki was part of the Joshi Tag Showcase. However, in something Dr. Baker would be sure to point out, after a match at Fyter Fest against Nyla Rose and Riho (our Women's Champion) Yuka returned to Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling in Japan where she was a central figure. Other fallout from that match included Riho making Yuka VERY sad by refusing to accept assistance in fighting off Nyla Rose.

Dr. Britt Baker is fresh off of coming at everyone including the women's chapion Riho and the galaxy's greatest alien Kris Statlander as being not fully committed to AEW.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1224724654687969281

From the women's division to a blockbuster eight man tag match as the Lucha Brothers (MEXI-KINGS CERO MIEDO MEET US IN THE RING) were selected by the Butcher and the Blade (AND The Bunny) to team with them against the team of the Elite (Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson) and The Anxious Millennial Cowboy Adam Page as the Elite continues to accidentally and unintentionally alienate one of the coolest characters in AEW. With the added wrinkle that Page and Omega are the AEW Tag Team champions and a victory over either of them is likely to bounce the winner into contention.

B&B&B clearly did their homework as well, as Omega and Page have lost their single head-to-head match with the Lucha Bros.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1224679494008672257

Jon Moxley's warpath against Chris Jericho's Inner Circle takes him straight through The Best The Best The Best Ortiz. Moxley has already stolen a bat from Ortiz's friends last week, and now he is going to beat Ortiz and hit him with the Paradigm Shift (dba Death Rider). Ortiz however will have the entire Inner Circle at his back and Moxley is coming off of his war with Minoru Suzuki continuing to heat up and the IWGP United States Champion still is missing one eye courtesy of Le Champion's jacket spike.

Jericho is also sure to have something to say about Jon Moxley helping out Darby Allin who was prepared to die for someone's sins.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1225057023424892930

And finally for the preview, Cody Rhodes will fulfill stipulation number 1 to get the ball rolling on his match with Maxwell Jacob Friedman as he has accepted he cannot touch Max, but that is not going to get the match any closer to happening like this is. Cody will receive ten lashes on live tv (which I'm sure is SOMEONE's fetish) from MJF. MJF has been on the back foot ever since Cody figured out the obvious loophole of having friends preventing MJF's “you can't touch me, or you lose your opportunity” stipulation from giving him carte blanche to taunt Cody.

Cody also has a match with Wardlow coming up on the docket, so look to see some advantage pushed from the MJF camp to help Wardlow debut in AEW with a win.

All of that and #JoinDarkOrder

MorningMoon posted:

I don't wanna wait a week to post this

Good crop of Frogs for the harvest this week.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
HOLD MY BEER *posts in this thread over the top rope*

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Usually when someone turns heel they change up their "versus" photo to something nore sneering or nasty. In Britt's case she she was way ahead of them.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
After Riho-The Alien I this is the secobd time a women match feel important. Hopefully it's good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Zeta Acosta posted:

After Riho-The Alien I this is the secobd time a women match feel important. Hopefully it's good.

Torn between wanting a fun back and forth match and wanting Yuka to come in, match start, magical girl splash, and leave all in one fluid motion.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its too early my judas

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Can't wait till Yuka comes out to some garbage rock theme.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dsriggs posted:

Can't wait till Yuka comes out to some garbage rock theme.

I wanna hear the story about how they hosed that up.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW is the wrestling show that releases the good brain chemicals. I am ready

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I am going to watch wrestling tonight and that will make me happy.

Then on Friday I will buy tickets to go see wrestling in April, which will also make me happy.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Your official unofficial TNT Dynamite pre-show movie is Kong: Skull Island.

I legit love that movie, not sure how it’ll play with TV edits and commercial breaks though...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lets go britt baker

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

OFFICER LIGER posted:

lets go britt baker

Nobodies gonna be AYAYAYA'ing during that mandible hold.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Powerful frog crop this week

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

OFFICER LIGER posted:

lets go britt baker
britt baker sucks

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Powerful frog crop this week

Absolute bumper crop if you will. (this joke only works if you know that my document file of all of the frogs is called "frog bumper.odt" which I said in the other thread)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

never trust a dentist

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I am excited to watch Wednesday Night Yuka.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
LIGHT THE FUSE
BREAK THE AYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYA
DYNAMITE

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Cody’s brutal lashing tonight is going to get everyone involved in the production arrested.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gonna send the kids to bed early before the lashing so I can properly enjoy it

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

blast0rama posted:

I legit love that movie, not sure how it’ll play with TV edits and commercial breaks though...

Skull Island fuckin rules, well directed with rad cinematography that knows how to accent its stupidity really well. The Kong vs Helicopter scene is high art, and set my gold standard for Dumb But Fun in movies. The Godzilla films WISH they were as good as Kong.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

I'm glad that tjpw (the best promotion) is going to be showcased on TNT

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

uzis are the missing piece that will kick the women's division into Full GearTM

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I am so in love with Britt’s new Drunk White Girl character I might actually cheer for her against Yuka, what is wrong with me?

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
Britt's gonna beat Yuka and this thread is going to get Real Mad about it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

I am so in love with Britt’s new Drunk White Girl character I might actually cheer for her against Yuka, what is wrong with me?
it's okay, i also have a brain disease that makes me like heels too much

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

I specifically came in here to say this.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
hello, i am new to this forum and i am ready to watch this new kind of wrestling

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Seth Rollins posted:

hello, i am new to this forum and i am ready to watch this new kind of wrestling

Hi Seth Rollins

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Everybody knows that Yuka is unbeatable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm gonna call the tony and tell him to put Britt in the triple cage match against the tjpws

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

blast0rama posted:

One of the best non-Vietnam Vietnam movies ever made, alongside Aliens.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rankings are up

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1225143241458188290

Should Kong be on there if she's injured out?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seth Rollins posted:

best wrestling on the planet

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Seth Rollins posted:

hello

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Seth Rollins posted:

hope u post better than u tweet

if dynamite doesnt start or end with ayayayayayayayay I'm rioting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

yuka will win or i will be Big Mad