Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Does anybody have a strong opinion about the big double burger vs. the regular 1/4 lb burger? If so, why?

Keep in mind both have the same total amount of meat (it's 330 calories either way), but Cook Out makes a point to give you a choice between the two for the tray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Since nobody asked, my Hot Take is that the double is a trap because it's more likely to be dried out than the single 1/4 lb.

Double thin patties is good for a smash burg on a griddle but is a mistake when char-grilled.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

sean10mm posted:

Since nobody asked, my Hot Take is that the double is a trap because it's more likely to be dried out than the single 1/4 lb.

Double thin patties is good for a smash burg on a griddle but is a mistake when char-grilled.

I've become really curious about this since I usually get the big double. Anyone else want to weigh in? I only allow myself cook out like once a month or so, so I haven't been able to verify.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

sean10mm posted:

It has been so long I have been to the east coast I dont even realize if the single or double is the same amount of meat. Is it?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Derpies posted:

It has been so long I have been to the east coast I dont even realize if the single or double is the same amount of meat. Is it?

I went to the Cook Out web site, and the 1/4lb is listed as 4.4oz and the big double is listed as 4.2 oz.

:ms:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Went to Cook Out for the first time since the pandemic and it was fantastic. Tried to get the quesadilla with chorizo which was still listed on the menu but they said they didn't have that anymore -- anyone ever try that? Curious if it was as good as I'm imagining.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
BBQ sandwich with slaw, quesadilla, onion rings.

I don't know what it is, but that sandwich with the slaw on it just like makes my blood sugar rise to normal levels so fast it's almost euphoric.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm sorry but the Walking Taco is bullshit. I just wanted a Dorito taco, I didn't know they were going to give me a pile of taco slop in a Doritos bag. I expected a pile of taco slop, and some Doritos, in a tortilla. Or in a tortilla made of Doritos, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
that's exactly what a walking taco is tho lol

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=walking+taco&ia=images&iax=images