Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am here to ruin this, and all other mafia games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Good morning friends! I have twenty pages of Chaucer to read so I will check in again after class!

Anyway ##vote bif hello Bif :sun:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

Look if you want to read 20 pages of a language that just barely resembles English as we know it, might I recommend this thread after doing a content game?

Personally, I find battles fun, and hope we get COOL WEAPONS.

:thunk:

You might be onto something, but alas, maybe later.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oh right. I am better at fighting than building, and I don't care where I'm put in combat.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amnistar posted:

Then my vote is where it should be.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Misfire. Meant to quote and just :thunk: here.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

this is the meta vote you take away from last game? You fool!

##vo-

oh wait there's like 75 posts now gently caress, hold that thought

Just keepin you on your toes :ocelot:

##unvote

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

MegaZeroX posted:

Sigh. This is super townie AA. If AA was being agreeable and actually looking like he was reading the thread then I would vote him in an instant, but this is his town meta.

Counterpoint: I have never known AA to read anything, as town or scum, in any capacity.

This looks like trying to clear someone you already knew is town.

##vote MegaZeroX

This is a serious vote, by the by.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

[extremely max voice] OK

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Why would you try to make a meta "town call" on someone you had little experience in playing with? I have a town read of AA, but having such a big to-do about 'oh, this is town AA' strikes me as scummy, performative behavior from the jump.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

MegaZeroX posted:

I've literally never been in a mafia game without AA. They are the strongest person I can actually read.

MegaZeroX posted:

The only scum game I have reference for is AA being SK in VTuber mafia, and I remember him looking like he actually read the thread there. He was also super agreeable, but as my second game with them I didn't realize how out of the ordinary it was.

Again, but with greater intensity: :thunk:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

I feel like combat focused stuff is helpful, as it might make it easier to root out scum based on successes/failures in combat, if we're a loaded squad.

I'd say weapons, armor, medicine, drat the rest! Throw everything else into a big pile of POOP

Unless you're good at those idk.

I think the downside to this is that I presume scum probably also benefits from upgrades, so it might also make scum more dangerous if one of them is in combat? Then again I don't know how scum would be tuned this game compared to Shine V and Fate/.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

My personal thought is that there is a whole lot of talk about mechanics and not really a whole lot of chat about who is scum.

Except for Jen's case. I'm not sure I agree with her reads but they are coming from a good place, imo.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Eh, I don't see the case on b- at the moment, but I'm notably charitable to b- early and it's burned me before, so ask me again in a day or two.

I'm back and forth on Hunt, especially in light of Hunt v Bif which is like one of the few bits of back and forth that isn't FULL mechanicschat.

Steak is suspect but I feel like Steak always makes himself look suspect d1.

Still happy with my vote on Mega from the other night, I haven't seen anything that changes my mind about their scumminess thus far, especially as people have been trying to define it as a "meta case" (it's not, lol.)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dragonatrix posted:

Mega being the current voteleader is a bit annoying. It's mostly based on meta stuff, which I don't really think is such a great tell in the first half of D1. Of course, he's not really doing himself any favours by tunneling so hard on AA for meta reasons that are maybe just post-hoc justifications if I followed all that correctly. That combined with a quick two sentences discussing people other than AA is just plain bad. I'm inclined to think more scummy than it should be, but less-so than AA.

This in particular. This entire argument says the Mega case is annoying because it's a "meta case", which it demonstrably isn't. It's about Mega acting performative about AA's meta, which is something scum will do in order to endear themselves to town, constantly.

Calling it a meta case is disingenuous, and I feel worse about Dragon as a result of this.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Votecount for Day 1

MegaZeroX (3): Monathin, Bifauxnen, King Burgundy, Amnistar, Bifauxnen
Anomalous Amalgam (2): PMush Perfect, SolusLunes, Amnistar, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, PMush Perfect, Amnistar, Lux Animus
Amnistar (2): Anomalous Amalgam, MegaZeroX
Hunt11 (2): Bifauxnen, Dragonatrix
SolusLunes (1): Amnistar, Amnistar, Jen X
Ruggan (1): CCKeane
alli again (1): PMush Perfect
Mr. Steak (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Bifauxnen (0): Monathin, Monathin

Not Voting (9): alli again, b-minus1, charms, Hunt11, Iron Chef Ramen, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak, Ruggan, Social Studies 3rd Period

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 13th, 2020 at 8 p.m. PST -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.

Looking at these votes and poking some people

- I have a town read on AA atm, so I'm not sure about the votes on AA. Solus, is AA still your top read with you poking at the people who have done only mechanicschat and no scumhunting? Lux, what are your thoughts?

- I am extremely gun shy of a Day 1 Amni vote due to having the complete wrong read of them D1 in MonHunfia so people jumping on them here seems suspect. AA, you were in MHW Mafia, does this feel like the same thing that was going on there to you?

- jfc we still have a day left.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amnistar posted:

If you are feeling overwhelmed:
1.) Ignore combat until tonight. It only matters if you get picked.
2.) Submit a build action. If you dont know what for do soothseer or whichever is highest. Pick whichever of the 2 options sounds cooler.
3.) Hunt scum like a normal game.

Since it's been brought up and I think it's worth discussing. Do ypu think there are scum hiding in mechanics chat, Alli? If so, who are the ones you would suspect?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oop, my bad. Well, let's just say I'd like both of you to do that then. I think its an avenue worth considering for everyone in general given how mechanics-dominated the last few pages are, haha

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

King Burgundy posted:

I know the reason.

:hmmyes:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I would call myself 75% sure this is town binus, soft 75%

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

MegaZeroX posted:

Wow that is a nice way to have a lot of words to say "I don't know about anyone other than Mega." Like, this feels like the equivalent of a Lumpen list with "null" for everyone except for one person labeled scum LMAO.

They are among the most prolfiic posters and this is basically the extent of their scum hunting. Making a case against me, then for literally every other point, going "oh geez I don't know"

It's because this is D1 and I'm legitimately having trouble sussing out who else is scum because y'all flooded D1 with Mechanics Mechanics Mechanics. At least you made yourself obvious.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm actually coming around on the idea of Hunt possibly being scummy, but definitely not enough to move my vote from Mega. Still feel that's my most solid case by a landslide.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amnistar posted:

##unvote

Still think it is likely that mega is scum but they are posting and active, making it more likely they will slip and reveal further information. I think I would rather we eliminate one of the lower posters day 1 that have come across as scum.

##vote hunt11

Hunt get some good reads out.

I disagree with this post.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amnistar posted:

Hitting the scum using lurking earlier is less painful than later though?

Voting a lurker early extends d1 and gives little info in a flip, aka town's best option.

You should be moving your vote off Mega whether you agree or disagree with the reads, not based on any basis of activity. Scum can be just as active as town.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mr. Steak posted:

see, this brings me right back around to thinking bif is scum. i know from past experience that this is her genuine opinion, and she brings it up in practically every game. that's why i find this earlier post of hers super off:

her genuine reasoning for wanting to withhold town reads really should carry over to claiming building projects.
let alone my logic before about how there's no way to accurately analyze the percentage results even if everyone claims their project, the fact that bif doesnt even consider that this sort of "massclaim" would benefit scum, when her normal thought process is that even claiming townreads can benefit scum, comes across to me as very off from her normal thinking.

to break it down cuz i think im being long-winded:

bif thinks townreads are dangerous to claim willy-nilly because it gives scum a more accurate view of town's overall perspective, thus making it easier to choose a towny person to NK, and also safe options to push for a mislunch.

that logic *should* carry over to build plans. basically, townreads are to nightkill, as project-claims are to sabotage. claiming our projects will make it a lot easier for scum to sabotage effectively, with extremely minimal benefit to town in return.

again, the main thing that pings me is she never even seems aware of this possibility, which is weird because of her deeply-ingrained similar opinions on townreads.

##vote bif

I'm not entirely 100% sold on a "bif is scum" angle but a lot of the discussion here about build project claiming/organizing hits home part of my bad feelings about mechanicschat (and why I refuse to claim my build actions, assuming I'm not in combat)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amnistar posted:

Please remember build is not seperate from combat and submit your build action your discord chat.

Oops, good point.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I have third shift and college, I can't call out every bad post.

Hunt's participation hasn't been great but as someone who literally did this in the last soldiers game as the leader with GGN's inactive posting, swinging onto lurkers D1 is a dumb call and it's worth pointing out people who are bailing from votes to try and poke lurkers.

Also you keep characterizing me as having "no reads beside you" which is categorically untrue as I've posted a few times about other posters. I've specifically called out Dragon's weird mischaracterization of my case on you.

This is disingenuous BS.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

Hunt's participation hasn't been great but as someone who literally did this in the last soldiers game as the leader with GGN's inactive posting, swinging onto lurkers, especially D1 is a dumb call and it's worth pointing out people who are bailing from votes to try and poke lurkers.

Maf edit.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean lurkers need to be taken care of but this is still D1, Bif. A long D1, but still.

I don't want a flip that gives us gently caress-all to think about.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Votecount for Day 1

MegaZeroX (3): Monathin, Bifauxnen, King Burgundy, Amnistar, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Lux Animus, Lux Animus, Bifauxnen, Amnistar, Amnistar
Iron Chef Ramen (3): Bifauxnen, Leith Maclaine, MegaZeroX
Jen X (2): b-minus1, SolusLunes
b-minus1 (2): Jen X, Dragonatrix, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Bifauxnen (1): Monathin, Monathin, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Amnistar (1): Anomalous Amalgam, MegaZeroX, MegaZeroX
Ruggan (1): CCKeane
alli again (1): PMush Perfect
King Burgundy (1): Social Studies 3rd Period
Mr. Steak (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
SolusLunes (0): Amnistar, Amnistar, Jen X, Jen X
Anomalous Amalgam (0): PMush Perfect, SolusLunes, Amnistar, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, PMush Perfect, Amnistar, Lux Animus, SolusLunes, Lux Animus
Hunt11 (0): Bifauxnen, Dragonatrix, Bifauxnen, Dragonatrix, Amnistar, Amnistar

Not Voting (6): alli again, charms, Hunt11, Iron Chef Ramen, Lux Animus, Ruggan

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 13th, 2020 at 8 p.m. PST -- that's in about 11 hours, 47 minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

There's a reason I called out Amni's attempt to switch onto Hunt. See if you can spot it!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

There's two vote leaders. One has very little content, one has a lot of people making commentary on them. Vote analysis is important.

You briefly broke a tie by unvoting instead of voting which I didn't like. Vote ties are important.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If there's just a singular vote leader then it's easier for scum (lurking or otherwise) to just say "I'm not going to be around for deadline, voting the vote leader, peace". Forcing a tie means people have to actually make opinions on them.

I think Mega is still scum (and I've been thinking it more as he's misrepresented my casework). I do have secondary reads in Hunt and Dragon but neither are in anyone's sights right now so I'm probably going to save them for day 2.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean, there's definitely some obvious differences, but the point is I want information. The current vote leaders are Mega (gets us a lot of information, and I think is scummy) vs Iron Chef (who I don't have a read on at all, and whose lack of posts will get us little to no info.)

Hunt and Dragon currently on the vote list. If there is momentum and people want to vote them, I've made my stance on them clear, but I'm going to leave my vote on the vote leader until something else I agree with shows itself.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

Hunt and Dragon currently aren't on the vote list.

god fuckin maf edit

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

King Burgundy posted:

So an interesting question would be, if we were to vote a lurkerish person, who would you want it to be?

I'm not sure if this is toward me but I'll answer it at the very least. If we're absolutely dead set on axing someone who is lurking D1 I'd want it to be Hunt. I think what theyve offered isnt great and I've started thinking of them as a soft scum read. I've not going to switch right away cause I have already stated I want to try and see people force the issue re: Mega vs Iron Chef Ramen, but if momentum swings that way I'm more than happy to vote at that point.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Thank you, Keane.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Actually wait I missed this

why the gently caress would you claim this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm going to admit I may have missed some of ICR's actual bad posts when my eyes crossed over on the pages that were mostly mechanicschat, that might be why I think he's nonexistent.

I'll do a reread and get back to you on that. Still prefer Mega atm but now that other people are actually starting to throw votes around I feel like I could actually switch and not just be a stubborn jackass about my own opinions. :v: