Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

King Burgundy posted:

That is literally what it says. "It doesn't involve attacking the monsters" is pretty clear. I'm sorry you are forced to argue such a stupid position.

So you still didn't fully answer my question, but I'll run with this for you. So you are saying they did a D1 gambit tying two scum together so if anything happens to one of them they both go down? And then, they went even further by using extra powers between them to somehow kill a monster that the OP says they cannot do, but you are saying those words don't mean what we think they mean?

Ok, this preview edit additional post does at least somewhat get at what I was asking. And yes, you seem to be saying exactly that. "Pay no attention to what it says in the OP, they are somehow doing it for cred despite what is in the OP after also doing an amazing D1 gambit. These are the best scum I've ever played with."

You're reading words that aren't there in the OP, I see. Glad you can imagine words that aren't written there and have the brazenness to call my position stupid.

And yes, I am saying they're doing it for cred. Now I'm wondering if you're defending them as scum or if you're jus willfully blind town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I just don't want to be the boy who cried thunderdome. :)

Ok. Please explain to me the theoretical rules you are running with that still satisfies this phrase: "It doesn't involve attacking the monsters". But allows what happened.

That is absolutely not a restriction phrased like the actual restriction. It's an implication at best, especially when Mithross was clear about the building restriction. Tell you what, I don't expect a response from Mithross regarding this but I will simply ask for mod clarification since you're willing to be blind.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Sounds good.

While you are here, who are your top 4 scum reads? Are ICR and Dragon really two of them? If so, do you have current cases to offer?

ICR, Dragon, Amnistar. Waffling on you because I think you're simply relying on the fact that you consider yourself a smarter-than-thou mafia star instead of just scummy.

Probably JX for her "I'll explain why solus is scummy later" vote. Suspicious of Leith's secondary doc claim and nobody looking askance at it after Lux's claim. It's plausible, but zero scrutiny at all is a thing.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

k, and this part?

Like, setting aside our mechanics arguments, why are Dragon and ICR scum then based on posting?

Dragon is dependent on my scumread of ICR as they claim to share an alignment, so let me break ICR down briefly before I go to bed:

They lightly, and that's the important word, lightly defended pmush earlier, a very light defense that they could walk back without scrutiny. Then, with no justification or reasoning, jumped back onto pmush. Hell, the only vote they've put any justification or casing to is a Steak vote after Steak said something scummy- basically the lowest of low hanging fruit. The fact that they voted you solely to bandwagon on Keane's vote. They haven't scumhunted and have basically been coasting on their "confirmed town" status.

So I suppose I should also make it as clear as I can and ##vote ICR

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

(I want to do a full quoting breakdown but I'm phoneposting in bed, if you want quotes you're going to have to wait for tomorrow)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Also I got a "can neither confirm or deny" re: scum attacking monsters so welp

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

In fate the rules did NOT say scum couldn't target like townies.

In this game, the rules DO say that.

So.

You don't think Mithross would unquestionably confirm it if the rules did say that?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Monathin posted:

However: I don't build

:thunk:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

aight, I've submitted to do sooth

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

If we lunch mona and he flips scum, it will confirm ruggan, solus, Jenx, lux, as town, at least imo.

Whoa I uh

how would that even remotely confirm me as town, your logic doesn't make any sense

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Jen X posted:

I should explain why, probably

but I'll do it later

Jen X posted:

i am still going to talk about why solus is scum, but first, 1/15 of my required posting

so are you going to do the thing where you explain why I'm scum or are you just going to drop a vote and hare off to other people and hope nobody notices

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Ruggan posted:

It sounds like we have a lot of people split between suspicion of Amni and Mona. Should probably start consolidating and I would prefer one of these two. Can people chime in with whether they:
(1) would vote for either
(2) would only vote for one of the two
(3) would not vote for either

why are you trying to force a thunderdome by including someone who's been essentially given a one-day reprieve due to their claim

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

if we're just gonna go for the throat while ignoring roleclaims today, I'd rather go for Lux than Mona :sun:

oh man can we have ICR then in that case

still think they're scumbuds

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

who is getting this reprieve?

Mona- while I don't buy the claim, I'm also aware that a lot of people are generally not going to vote for someone the same day they claim something vaguely townie.

Unless I'm wrong. If we actually get a push going on Mona I will 100% vote for them. I just don't see it happening.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Ffs, keane is wrong. Whatever, I don’t care if this is the wrong play. I tried to be subtle and get you guys to actually read Mona’s posts but few people seemed interested in doing that. Even without doing this, it’s incredibly obvious that mona is scum. This did not require confirmation from me. Doc on me tonight tia.

I’m a cop.
N1: Jenx, aligned with town
N2: mona, aligned with half of the world

Concerning, given that I've got a very similar role saying that ICR is half-the-world aligned and that Bif is not.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

(that's bif town N1, ICR half-the-world N2)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Amnistar posted:

2 cops and 2 docs...?

I would be thoroughly unsurprised if this was the case, tbh. The game seems extremely town-tilted and admittedly it kind of sucks a bit of the fun out for me, especially since a lot of that tilt includes night action bingo.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

What’s your flavor

Kenelm, soldier of Cantlin

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Ruggan posted:

I’m just curious why you so quickly came out and revealed this in response to bminus. What was your motivation?

The fact that a Cop That Wasn't Me claimed, and I'm immediately suspicious of the claim, though I'm not sure that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility, given two plausible docs

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

so yes, you could call it a counterclaim

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

I was just thinking that. We should investigate the same player tonight.

I’ve actually been working through the idea that bif is scum. I’m wondering if solus is the cop that receives opposite results. In any case, before we lunch mona we should figure out a way to test this

Sanity is the first thing that came to my mind, tbh.

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Two docs I can understand, though. One for combat damage, and one as a traditional doc.

Hmm. That doesn't seem to be what they've claimed. Why would you think there's that distinction?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Ruggan posted:

I question the motivation, Solus. You counter-claimed cop so quickly after b-minus did. As if you had no fear in doing it. If you’re town you just put yourself in a lot of danger and unlike b you didn’t even ask for protection which is also weird to me.

If I were in your position and I were town I would have sat on the claim much longer. I don’t see the strategic advantage of claiming now as a town player. You could drop the claim if you were on the cutting block, but all you’ve done now is clutter the discussion.

This comes across as you transparently sticking your neck out for Mona imo. The only motivation I see from you is a scum oriented one - claim cop to discredit b and prevent us from following through on the Mona axe. Which sort of gives even more reason and value to flip Mona - it directly confirms or gutters b-minus and also really strongly indicates you one way or another.

I don’t get your logic in doing it. As a town you put yourself in a ton of danger to discredit an easily verifiable claim. As scum you either implicated a fellow scum or tied yourself directly to a flip. The only reasonable narrative I buy is a last ditch effort to save a scummate. Am I missing something?

Yes. Town wincons do not require the player to have actually survived until the end of game, and I've seen from previous experience if you don't immediately counterclaim, you'll be completely dismissed out of hand. Additionally, why would I have to ask for protection? Docs know what they're about. I don't have to mafia dad everyone.

I'd much rather this get out in the open for when I flip town cop, or when binus flips town cop/something else, so that we don't follow potential scum that claimed cop.

Either way, you think what you think.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, just like I was in combat

Bif you were in combat n2, I copped you n1

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Ruggan posted:

What shall we do master Keane?

Seriously?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Solus, if ICR flips town what will you say?

That something's fucky, either with my results or my targeting, and we should flip Mona next.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

That something's fucky, either with my results or my targeting, and we should flip Mona next.

Not testing binus' claim would be weird and anti-town in that case, IMO.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

I feel like ICR would be an unlikely target for a scum bus drive. Neglecting this as a possibility, what would you think the case is?

Discounting redirects, then it'd be a question of my results- insane is the easiest explanation, but there are other possibilities that may have affected both myself and binus. Occam's razor would say insane and it's reasonably testable tonight.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

You believe Drag and ICR are scum together, correct?

Correct.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Thing is from a play perspective I put mona as more suspicious than ICR.

Only reason I stepped back from it was the build claim.

Is your lack of suspicion on ICR only due to the confirmed mason claim? Because their posting is genuinely terrible and they've been coasting on that "confirmed town" status.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Solus, why did you want to go in combat if you were a cop?

Because I thought I was good at combat? Didn't really factor my noncombat power into it.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

So you thought you were really good at combat and had a powerful night action? How is your building?

Soothsaying is good on a scale out of 10, masonry is mediocre, everything else is untested and at least "below average"

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

It looks like I'm on track to be the lunch today- binus, even if I just flip as "cop", check your sanity tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if sanity doesn't get included in the flip. From there I would think it reasonable enough to assume my sanity is probably the opposite of yours and scumhunting can be done off my results.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Copped myself as scum last night.

##vote Bif

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Makes sense, but I'm pretty sure we caught scum and Solus just isn't gonna say anything.

Nah, it's the weekend, I do poo poo that isn't necessarily mafia

either way it's fine, take me out, but flip bif tomorrow, you'll find the last scum there

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

oh poo poo I'm not passing up an opportunity to self-hammer

##vote solus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011