Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I'm ready to build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charms
Oct 14, 2012

charms posted:

I'm ready to build.

This hasn't changed.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

For the battle, I think a front row seat would suit me best.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Amnistar posted:

So...my vote is either we pick 3 toensure we get, or spread out a lot and bank on round 1 upgrades taking 2-3 people to finish in 1 night.

If we pick 3 my votes are soothsayer, walls and melee weapons.

We can only do 1 masonry project at a time.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I think could be worth specializing in the Fire Shot part of the tinkering tree, even though the shots themselves seem mediocre. The OP says that going down that path leads to upgrades which do automatic damage to monsters. Since we don't want any of the besieging monsters to escape without at least some damage, upgrades like that would serve as an insurance policy against scum trying to throw the battle.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Amnistar posted:

We're still missing some information, but it might be helpful.

Sorry, my preference post wasn't clear about this - put me in as a yes combat guy.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I can't make an argument about anyone's metagame. The only thing that really pings me is this:

Lux Animus posted:

Here are my personal votes (bolded) for which project I feel is more important per category:

Which just seems completely pointless. The actual voting in a crafting field is going to be done by the people working in it. The point of posting preferred projects is to convince the crafters to go with your ideas, which you can't do without explaining why your ideas are better.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

He cannot make an argument on meta. Is there anything you can make an argument on? :thunk:

I'm late but read that post again. I explained why I thought Lux's post was weird.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

PMush Perfect sticks out to me. A no lynch is just a bad idea, and advocating it would be reckless as scum, but it could be read as an attempt to take the heat off of Iron Chef Ramen...

PMush Perfect posted:

We'll finish the buildings faster if we aren't murdering our own workforce.

Look, if there's content tomorrow, then great, we can get into it. Even the flip from the NK will be informative. But we are going on absolutely nothing right now. There's so much to lose! And what do we have to gain from it? At best a 20% chance to hit scum?

PMush didn't mention Ramen in this post, but she seems to be implying that the chance of having scum for lunch D1 is worse than random chance. ICR is the current vote leader, so taken together she's more confident in town Ramen than she's letting on.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

even though i have a town read on ICR (this changed just now as i also gave his post history a glance), honestly, the best way to get info is to flip him. voting the person who's spend most of the day as vote leader, while transparently a bandwagon, paradoxically is the right move a lot of the time. cuz compared to a last-minute switch, it gives a lot more content on who was thinking what about him over the course of the day. if we switch right now and hit town, then ICR will probably have undue pressure on him tomorrow by default, further muddying the waters. plus, switches happen in the head of the moment, so its harder to hold people accountable for their opinions. that's why im keeping my vote on ICR

So your read doesn't matter, regarding your vote? You could've just prefaced with that instead of the Schrodinger's read.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

After combing through the thread she's my only suspect, so I'm obliged...

##vote PMush

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I'm a ranged attacker primarily so I'll take care of the back row slime.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I did the hot shots.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Amnistar posted:

Cofirmed my lettering matches what Mithross did

##vote MegaZeroX

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Monathin posted:

Would you like to share your thought process on this, charms?

A strong ranged attack and what I think MegaZeroX was implying was an okay ranged attacked should've been enough to take care of the slime. He wasn't doing his part.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Amnistar posted:

I know I could kill a slime in one attack.

I *think* ICR can kill a slime in one attack.

and you pushed heavy to be in combat.

I can't one-shot a slime either. What's making you single out Ruggan?

charms
Oct 14, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Combat folks, please share details.

Attack succeeded, no damage taken.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

:negative:

charms
Oct 14, 2012

MegaZeroX posted:

OK, time to share a lot of knowledge. My attack successfully hit a target. I am actually not as strong as I thought I was. As susp as I had been on Charms, this doesn't indicate them at all. I don't know how much is safe to share, but know that it would take many rounds of me fighting the same slime to solo it.

To explain how I came to the conclusion I did, I unfortunately will need to reveal quite a bit about my role. My role is super tanky, and lots of abilities related to that. I assumed that the fact that I would need many many turns to kill myself was only indicative of my super sized HP based on flavor, making me nearly unkillable, and that the attack stat ranges were similar to Fate Soldier Mafia. This was clearly very very wrong.

I had assumed enemy monsters had very specific targeting rules, making the "front and center" relevant and dangerous for the builder. I also guessed it may be randomly targeted out of available targets. However, I was attacked 0 times last night, so I assume it was player targeted and they all went after Charms, since I wasn't being super subtle about this.

To CCKeane:
Its probably not worth sending me out at this point, since you need to be in the front now, and scum clearly know not to target me.

To Amni:
Change me to: No, and Front

I only skimmed through the Fate thread but from my own attack value and how much you're emphasizing the weakness of your attack then it's plausible there just wasn't enough between the two of us. I might have been too eager because of how hard D1 was.

##unvote

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Monathin posted:

charms I'm putting this here MOSTLY to remind myself that in the midst of all that hullabuloo, Charms came in, voted PMush, and peaced out, citing PMush as their 'only read'. Was not around for deadline and didn't change their vote. In the same way we can possibly infer scum based on who voted hunt, I feel like this is more like a newbie scum tactic to avoid getting caught in a bad vote so late in the day.

I did post my reason for suspecting PMush before the vote.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Ruggan posted:

Yes, but I was given a raw number, unlike all my other building focuses. I have no idea how my number relates to being average.

If this is the way mithross is distributing that info then claiming “average” is totally a scum slip.

I got my number for tinkering after D1.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Ruggan posted:

I don’t buy it. You so naturally called it average. You should only have one stat revealed so far. You have nothing to benchmark against.

You claim to draw a line between it and piety but the stats and competencies are on such different scales I just don’t buy it.

I think we should lunch PMush today.

Woah there. Earlier today you said you were expecting a qualitative description for you soothsaying skill level instead of a number, so like me you started with relative descriptions for the other skills and ??? for soothsaying. If you did soothsaying yesterday, how would you know about any difference between the scales for the stats and skills? I have a good idea about it since my tinkering is average, I did tinkering, and now I know what average means numerically for a building skill. But you went straight from ??? to a number, and you have no way of knowing how good of a soothsayer you really are.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Ruggan posted:

I don’t. I’m assuming the stats and skills are on different scales entirely. You are correct I have no idea how good of a soothsayer I am. I don’t understand your criticism?

You didn't mention it was just an assumption in that post, you seemed certain. To the point where you were suggesting lunching PMush based on it.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

To make sure I'm not tunnelling on Monathin alone, I'll pose these same questions to AA, charms, Lux, PMush and Ruggan: (ICR I'll give a pass to :v:)

1. Why did you not claim your building intentions before D1 deadline?

2. Now that we've had a day to observe how building works, and the results, would you still prefer to withhold your intentions?

3. Do you believe, today, that it is better for everyone declare our intentions before deadline from here on out? If not, can you explain why not?

(btw this is just going off the last Amni sheet cause I haven't started rereading all these peeps yet, so if you just had your intentions missed or something, just say so etc)

I understood your argument that it might help scumhunting, but I wasn't sure whether or not the mafia would benefit from knowing my build plans, so I took the safe route of not sharing information. But if we're going to coordinate and spread out our builds then that'd make it necessary. Someone also mentioned a split build vote goes to the Builder, we could use that to our advantage.

I'm planning on helping out with the cannons.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I haven't actually submitted my build yet. I still want to work on the cannons, but I'd be okay with anything besides weaving if needed for the deliberate tie plan.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I could get behind a PMush or Ruggan hammer because of that exchange earlier. I only called out Ruggan, but PMush was doing pretty much the same thing, with the mysterious knowledge about how bad she was at soothsaying.

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm not even average at Soothsaying, I'm turboshit at it.

I've thought some more about the tie plan and I'm not sure if it'll be that effective as long as we're working independently. The scum could just pretend to take opposite sides of a vote in order to preserve the tie, since they can coordinate with each other. The only way to counter this is with a confirmed town dictator telling everyone which projects to work on.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Ruggan posted:

You are correct I have no idea how good of a soothsayer I am.

Ruggan posted:

I got a number for my sooth and it was very low.

:awesome:

##vote Ruggan

charms
Oct 14, 2012

With the masonic duo's united vote it's only a matter of time until the scum switch to me, if they haven't done so already. Keep your eyes peeled...

charms
Oct 14, 2012

If this is going to happen, at least read what I posted about the scum being free to rig the building votes to avoid suspicion.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Almost the 11th hour...

If I'm not in the battle, I can tank a hit against a building project, taking the damage it'd receive from any monsters. Kind of like a BG. Should be relatively easy to prove, depending on how much we get done before precombat.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

How does it work? When do you pick what building to protect? Why did you say yes about combat if your power supports you being out of it?

I just described it, it's a night action, and I'm good at combat too.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Pretend I'm an idiot who doesn't understand how combat works. After combat is over, you pick a building to defend?

It's a non-combat action. If I'm not in the battle that night phase, I can target a building project. If monsters attack it, then I take the damage instead of the building project.

PMush Perfect posted:

Or does it automatically zoom in on you?

:psyduck:

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I'm sticking with Ruggan.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

They're both scum, I think. They want their fighters on the combat squad and they're willing to bus to do it - that would explain the weird monomaniacal obsession with PMush.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Jen X posted:

“They”?

PMush and Ruggan.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I can't confirm my building guard role if I'm in battle, but if you want me there the back row is the best option - I can autoaim my ranged attack against enemies doing All-out Attacks by using a precombat toggle, which should reduce the risk of player damage.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Amnistar posted:

Amnistar - Hammerhood A
Steak - Hammerhood B
Charms -
Bif - Slime A

As it currently stands.

I'm thinking of targeting Hammerhood A, since you have a very strong attack it should die between the two of us. And if Hammerhood B does an All-out Attack and A doesn't, I'll switch because of my ability.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I shot the ghost too. I figured bif would stick with the slime since I was shuffled to the front and we had the hot shots to help in cases like this.

I took some damage, but I should be able to tank a project or battle again without dying.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

It tells you if nobody attacked a monster... there goes my Ruggan + PMush theory. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Amnistar posted:

...Are you for real here?

You actually think any scum that goes into battle will be automatically revealed with a message "You noticed they did nothing"?

I'm talking about where it says, for each monster, if nobody engaged it. We didn't see that the first night.