Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

hi welcome to another peace thread in GBS . if you wanted to post in the last two peace threads but just didn't know where to begin, here's a handy guide

Peace Thread 1 :
FYAD slowly adapts to the jerkwater forum they now find themselves in.
Several hold outs weren't posting, but later on they got bored, and then were posting
some hosed up thumbs on these guys

Peace thread 2 :
aggressively uncool breakfast
people posted goatse and the thread got closed moved to CCCC

there you're all caught up come say hi

(dont goatse this thread and be nice to burt pls we want him to have fun too)

E: i forgot all this poo poo

pog boyfriend posted:

we have to have rules now so here are the rules

• no posting that image where its a cake that someone baked a hard boiled egg into
  • no politics
  • no war (:war:)
  • yes peace (:peace:)

LINk to Previous Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909651

:war: breakfast:
:peace: breakfast:

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

there's a really good vice article about that

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

VikingSkull posted:

burt I'm giving this thread my stamp of approval

who does yellowtext lol

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

starbarry clock posted:

i cant believe fyad has been shut down 5 times in two months now

aint gonna be six

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Peachfart posted:

Which thread is the true thread?

one of thems fallen through a crack in the forums to the bottom of the site and the other ones in cccc so :shrug:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

morning peace thread

jim bag posted:

easter comin up

you people ever put those cadbury cream eggs in the fridge? works with the caramel ones but not at all with the oreo ones. if this is some basic bitch stuff dont be afraid to call me out.

might chuck one ion the freezer, see what happens

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

what's the i want nothing tag about

bonebuds is just noise, basement is coz i'm part of an elite squad of hated dipshits and queer illuminati is because i fought on the troon side in the forum war to destroy fy

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

gonna trim the fat so to speak next time i change the av

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

dromal phrenia posted:

its not good to join a gang

ive learned my lesson

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Honky Dong Country posted:

It sucks. No idea why he died. He was fine like six hours earlier. Then I go to sleep for awhile and wake up to find him dead. He was only nine or ten years old.

sorry about your cat :(

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Skypie posted:

We just put a dog down a couple weeks ago, which gave me that feeling. He was sick with cancer and not eating so it was time to go, but man I felt so awful just holding the little dude while he was shivering uncontrollably in the vet office and holding onto him while they gave him the injections.

dogs dont know whats up, the pain just stops and they go to sleep while someone they love hangs out with them. loving sucks for the humans though, sorry for your lots too

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

now i get why people go to war, peace is too depressing

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

a peaceful morning

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

very nice i like posted:

posting goatse in threads numbered 1,2, and 4 and watching teh mods panic and comb the forum for the last one :D

"where is that pesky anus"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Live Free posted:

is ruffini free yet? bc if not, they should be

if someone would drop their probe as a :peace: gesture we can buy them back in that seems like a fair compromise to me

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Lucavi posted:

ruffini knew the risk and paid the price

respect

30 days is worse for this place than it is for them, gonna miss out on some good posting

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

ban + 30 is really for people you don't want to see again :(

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

oh well, peaceful thoughts.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

reopening fyad is the only way to get me to leave these forums because i'll have nowhere left to post after these fyad threads shrivel up and die, so i'd say its a cheap price to pay

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

you could also ban me, but it'd be unpeaceful and morally wrong

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Honky Dong Country posted:

Imo if a single or couple threads is all you find "good" on the forums I think it'd be a good idea to look around in some subs you never messed around in before or maybe make a thread about things you like or find funny.

Forums big, plenty of stuff out there.

my MO is to sit in a few threads until they die and then i move on, im sure there'll be another train at the station when i get off but don't tell burt that thanks

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Scatsby posted:

you could just post in fyad you know

not gonna get the big grey one back from inside the pink forum

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Live Free posted:

slowest day at work ever. dreaming about diving into that deep dish...wife has had a hankering to play minecraft which neither of us have toucjed since like 2011 so its deep dish + building into the wee hours. gamer weekend, aka normal weekend

minecraft is a pro game. my wife won't play it with me but my kid will. he's surprisingly good at making lethal redstone traps that i don't usually spot until they're mashing me flat

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

did lowtax leave us again for that cheap whore facebook

lowtax is lying low because he's in the middle of a custody case probably

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

eating hair for lunch

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

peace dinner: spiced cod and butternut squash in a cannellini bean tagine

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

all those different things hanging out together, nothing getting banned

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Skypie posted:

I think we made a butternut squash and sage ravioli thing a while back? It was p good but easy to go overboard on the sage. Might have to dig that recipe out this weekend

butternut squash usually turns out well. i was meant to use monkfish for this recipe but monkish looks terrifying so i used cod instead

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Skypie posted:

I've never cooked monkfish. We did get some weird norwegian fish from Trader Joe's years ago that kinda tasted like crab but made the apartment smell like a fish market for two days

monkfish is meant to taste a bit like cod but be slightly firmer. cod's easier to get, so i got it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Scatsby posted:

gosh that looks nice.

thought you were vegetarian tho? or do you just eat a lotta veggies

i mostly eat veggies but i eat meat sometimes if i feel like it. just not pig if i can avoid it (sometimes i cant, its one of the reason i hate being cornered into hot dog night)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Arrhythmia posted:

The worst part is that even if you get your forums back, like, 75%+ of the people in this thread are going to start posting in it, and it will never be like it was.

no

ppl who didn't post in fyad before it was closed shouldn't go

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

woozy pawsies posted:

This poo poo sucks. gently caress you. The thumbs are hosed up!!!!! Hahahaha I heard someone else make that joke now I’m making it!!! Hahhahahhahahahhaah where do you get your ideas from??????? Maybe it’s time to start saying that one over and over!!!!!! Squeeeeeeeee

sorry

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

rear end cobra posted:

I like having the fyads in here gbsing it up with the rest of us :shrug:

its not right and u know it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

very nice i like posted:

if ppl can write something funny they should post it in fyad without the asinine restrictions the rest of the website has imposed on it

i would give it time to reorganize before the inevitable zany GBS pop-ins

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

kolby posted:

Jeffrey, lowtax said he doesn't care if fyad opens back up. why hasn't this been done? it's loving silly

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

there;s no point keeping these threads going if fyad isn't going to reopen, either do that or just tell everyone to disperse because even twitter is better than making people post in a loving gbs terrarium against their will just so they can chat with their friends

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

this is unpeaceful sorry

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Brolander posted:

i dont see why the dozen or so posters that are active/accepted or whatever dont just steal the pink color back ground and funny pictures and go offsite with them. people would still find out about it and try to post there, probably just enough meat to keep from self cannibalizing

offsites are hell and the road to hell is usually paved with good intentions while we're at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

very nice i like posted:

I'll make the website.

breadnroses.club is already taken in case you were thinking of using that one