Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Shanghai weren't playing their normal comps for the first two maps. They had Fleta/Dding in for Lijiang and Geguri in over Void to run ball. Geguri actually looked fine but Dding wasn't getting as much done as the world class Phamercy duo of Jinmu and Yveltal. Then on Junkertown, they put Void back in and Diem in over Dding and Diem got poo poo all over by Baconjack. They went back to their normal roster after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Well... getting reverse swept sucks. From the highest highs to the lowest lows for the Spark.

I feel like that loss was incredibly self-inflicted, though. There was so much stupid ~~~I'LL SWITCH AFTER USING ULT~~~ bullshit with our comps, along with the Bebe/IDK support duo not being able to play Bap/Lucio because Bebe doesn't play either of those heroes effectively. I would've liked to have seen M1ka/IDK on Oasis.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
My son decided to start watching this year as I let him start playing the game. He’s a Titans fan as I love the Canucks.

Kid is so happy today and might never be again this year

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Good grief Boston. That Blizzard World collapse is straight out of my plat ranked game playbook.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Every time it looks like uprising has the upper hand, someone on fusion kills 3 people and wins the point

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Boston are way, way better than they were at the start of the season but Philly is just out of this world

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Happy and horrified at the same time that Shax is rightfully owning

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

think florida just had a dumb read on the first round (you're really gonna play pharah in an ashe meta when valiant's best players are hitscan???), then got outplayed on the tank role on the second. gargolye on rein ain't it mayhem

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Can this end in a tie I want both of these teams to win

https://twitter.com/brencasts/status/1274817944896356368?s=21

Ignis fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 21, 2020

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Justice about to get obliterated off the face of the planet:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

What was that second round, shock

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Subtitled Open Mic for the Lunatic-Hai vs Runaway showmatch

BuT kOrEaN pLaYeRs HaVe No PeRsOnAlItY

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Packing10 promoted to Head Coach and GM of Valiant, as well as the GM of Immortals' Valorant team. He's only going to be in charge of anything that's player-related (ie scouting), they have a different guy in charge of the day-to-day operations.

New changes for Contenders season 2. tl;dr every region but Pacific is returning, they're all having different formats, and most importantly all of KR Contenders will be broadcast (presumably that also means it will all be LAN)

Also in case SA (understandably) implodes overnight, it was a pleasure to paste tweets at your direction for the past year and half :tipshat:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

:patriot: you've been a hero, my friend :patriot:

ParadeRainer
Jul 2, 2019
Am I missing something? Why is SA imploding overnight? Also thanks dude, you've really done a great job with this thread

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

look at the top sticky on GBS (or maybe don't)

ParadeRainer
Jul 2, 2019
Oh great... :allbuttons:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

This is the last weekend before the Summer Showdown playoffs, and this time they're doing the NA toilet bowl play-in match immediately after the last Sunday match, according to the official schedule. So probably Toronto VS Washington, at this rate :v:

Also on more :yikes: news, a bunch of Overwatch-related people have gotten exposed as part of the ongoing esports #MeToo movement, some mentions off the top of my head are Ryan Morrison (big wig of Evolved.gg, the agency that represents almost the entire league), Anthony the graphic designer guy from Mayhem, as well as some contenders players and DSPStanky

And on sadder news, the KR Contenders team with the charming MS Paint logo and sharpie-scribbled jerseys sold their Contenders Trialas spot to GC Busan Wave. :rip:

I'll keep the thread open and update it for as long as possible, but I'm assuming most people will jump ship soon

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/uprisingacad/status/1276559031243546624?s=21

Another victim of the Boston machine

Several accounts of accusations of pedophilia against Blinky (Blizzard Esports liaison for Open Division) have cropped up as well https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...utm_name=iossmf

I probably worded that one weirdly, just woke up and all

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

isn't that the same blinky that posted in the comp ow thread here? that's hosed up

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

isn't that the same blinky that posted in the comp ow thread here? that's hosed up

yup

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Double points are on for the weekend, for the farmers in the audience. This is the last weekend for Sinatraa's Zarya skin

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
looks like Good Seoul has showed up today and Profit is suddenly looking good at Echo?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

He's had weeks to practice so if he wasn't good at Echo at this point, he'd look like a pretty bad pro DPS player.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Uhhhh, I wake up 10 minutes early for the Spark match and it's not only started, but we're getting crushed by loving London? ...Goddammit.

edit: oh, it's literally just Glister loving us directly in the ear, jesus christ

surf rock fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 27, 2020

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Shanghai was the team playing before the Spark, you should have known they'd annihilate their opponents and planned accordingly :v:

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Charge are the easy #2 in APAC right? that's not a controversial opinion is it?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

That'd be correct, yes

gently caress what in the world are y'all doing Mayhem :cripes:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

think they were trying too hard to force the genji

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
is this the first delay of game due to weather in owl? toronto is due to storm pretty good

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

To my recollection yes

https://twitter.com/kruiseow/status/1277007467747184640?s=21

Poor Roky

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
hopefully it's not as long a delay as that havana last year where they blamed it on unkoe's mouse

edit: little over 30 minutes, close but not quite

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 28, 2020

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/kruiseow/status/1277020054954147842?s=21

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Sometimes I remember Tsuna and his 2 weeks of EMPing no one. Shockwave is so much better.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Somebody tell Titans lr1s is available

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
boston back to the "die immediately" strategy I see

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

It's got to be embarrassing for Boston to be losing to a team that got ripped straight out of T2. I really feel bad for the Boston players because I know that people like Fusions and Colorhex aren't bad players so this is entirely a management problem.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

CuwiKhons posted:

It's got to be embarrassing for Boston to be losing to a team that got ripped straight out of T2. I really feel bad for the Boston players because I know that people like Fusions and Colorhex aren't bad players so this is entirely a management problem.

and I mean, they played Eternal to five maps both times and looked p. good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
hey there's the boston I know and love :(