Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Folks, the return of OWL and the XFL on the same day is loving fantastic, this is a great day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
So they finished 14 and 17 last season, and PlatChat power-ranked them at 14 and 17 again.

Oof, this is a lame match to kick off the season.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

Toronto is so bad

That was just a humiliating turbofucking

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Jesus Christ, whoever is on the trigger for starting these adverts is a disaster, gently caress

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I feel so bad for Soe.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Wait, didn't Toronto win Eichenwalde?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

lol, they just fixed it. At least they noticed.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

dogstile posted:

Mei play is really poor rn, it seems

Mei's prevalence is making me excited for the Spark though; I think that Mei is one of Adora's only two passable heroes alongside Brig, so that's super helpful.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Oh gently caress that backcap worked perfectly

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Deathy McDeath posted:

Holy poo poo. Did NOT expect London to come prepared to play. Mano got isolated and clipped so many times that he was looking like a Gold player. XL has to power up and get in this game!!

It seems like, no matter the meta, control maps remain a total crapshoot no matter what two teams are playing.

If London can win a non-control map, though, that would be huge.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

CRUNCH TIME

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

deadwing posted:

hotba is absolutely crunching out here

crunch time

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I have been really impressed by the hero variety so far.

In these first three matches, I don't think we've seen:

Pharah
Soldier 76
Junkrat
Hanzo
Ashe
Torbjorn
Bastion

Roadhog
Zarya
Sigma

Mercy

With the exception of Torb, I think there's a reasonably high chance we see all of those folks by the end of the weekend.

edit: nice vvv

surf rock fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 9, 2020

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

gently caress, that was a wild map for KSP

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I've been really underwhelmed by Nico over the course of these two games, but using Mei's icicle to block D.va's ult from killing Rein was brilliant. I didn't even know you could do that.

Also, FDGOD is my favorite new player so far. Glister seems fine but overrated.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Just realized that this is going to be an entire day of 3-0verwatch. Oof. It is fun that Paris dunked on London, though.

Also, it is the dumbest poo poo in the world that they make you switch streams midway through the day and it must be absolute poison for their viewership.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Valiant should 100% have won that first map; KSF totally hosed up his first blizzard.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

gently caress yes, Bren and Sideshow are back

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Presenting Nipples posted:

So the viewership numbers I’m seeing is 13K, that seems really bad, right?

I'm seeing 55k.

Which is also bad, but not as bad.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Gonna need a gif of that incredibly lame fistbump attempt

edit: I loving LOVE MCCREE PLAY THIS IS THE BEST META

second edit: Shock clutching that was loving INSANE

surf rock fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 10, 2020

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

drat, good on Dallas for stealing one. That Junkrat strat worked beautifully.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Here at the end of the first weekend, I think these were the heroes not played:

Soldier 76
Ashe
Torbjorn
Bastion
Roadhog

Nice!

edit: thanks! vvv

surf rock fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 10, 2020

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

It looks like the first game the Spark will get to play is... March 7 against the Shock? Jesus Christ.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Tommu posted:

i would like to note i said this like a month + ago

Yes, you called it! That's super exciting. I'm just glad we tried something to improve our DPS lineup, now we'll see if it works out.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

stream quality still extremely poo poo on YT main channel
still cant tell if florida is now good or is houston is still bad

no and yes

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Small sample size, but Blase seems significantly worse than Linkzr.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

That's fantastic

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

oh my loving god GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER overwatch league

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Uhhhhhhhhhh

That was weird. And I'm not fully sold on being called a sparkler, but I guess that's fine.

What was the "becoming more mature and responsible" thing at the start about? The only thing that even comes to mind is Krystal's situation, are they alluding to him coming back or what? Seems unlikely.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Who are these other two people on Bren/Sideshow's companion stream?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I feel like there is negative synergy between Sado on Rein and Ivy on Mei.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

LOL gently caress PHILLY, EVEN IF THEY WIN

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Soe's hair today is amazing but the blouse/dress they gave her is really bizarre.

edit: well, I guess it's not that bizarre, it's just not fitted very well

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Edmund Lava posted:

Apparently the flu was going around the Outlaws house, so that explains no linkzer, Danteh etc.

https://twitter.com/flameirl/status/1229168222206922753?s=21

Oof: https://twitter.com/LiNkzrOW/status/1229190217938194433

"Im not sick, im just not good lol"

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I feel like yesterday's games paved the way for NYXL to just curbstomp Houston. It was always going to be a lopsided match, but I'll be amazed if NYXL doesn't 3-0 them in record time here.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Sideshow doing this voiceover for the DC homestand is hilarious; you can feel him rolling his eyes with every word.

Also, WOO GOLDENBOY YEAH

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I know Linkzr himself said that he's not playing because he's worse than Blase, but I find that really hard to believe. Linkzr at least popped off occasionally.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

That was a loving slaughter.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

But man I love watching Agilities on Doomfist.

There are some heroes who, when I see the pros play them, are basically unrecognizable. I'd say that Doomfist is at the top of that list, followed by Lucio and Pharah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Aw, gently caress

I feel like Toronto threw away both of those Nepal maps, goddammit, they HAD them.