Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

every game is a weekend game this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what's up with production today

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

honestly I'm impressed by london here (babel in particular considering I didn't know who he was). they might end up pretty good by the end of the season

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fissure channeling that bumper energy with the pin off the map

fissure and birdring both looked good this match so that's cool

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think this is a problem with youtube being bad

this was just a stupid idea

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so is there gonna be an hour of downtime now because these games ended too fast

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's prob like setting up a delay on twitch but youtube's fastforward can ignore it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Presenting Nipples posted:

Ah yeah I’m on the playoverwatch stream. Combined they are still well below what I remember Twitch getting.

lowest I saw twitch go (so dead time mid season) was like ~70k, so about what this is getting now

also keep in mind that this is the dallas homestand and the home team is playing. last match had fewer viewers

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you mean violet? speaking of,

https://twitter.com/gatamchun/status/1172999568587247616

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Has Ashe seen much play period at the pro level? Her gimmicks are kind of negated by organized play.

she was played last year sometimes but to limited success iirc

not much point to run ashe when widow exists and dva counters the things that set her apart. still more fun than mccree or widow to play imo but yea she's never had much playtime in owl

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea it's a bummer. gonna be less games this weekend too with the shanghai homestand cancelled

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cod is huge on youtube and is prob the primary focus here. owl's secondary

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nobody likes mei but, on the whole, more heroes people actually like (mccree, even genji) are played now than in goats

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

only thing more scuffed than owl is sideshow trying to watch owl

https://clips.twitch.tv/ThoughtfulDeafPastaResidentSleeper

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there are like 3 companion streams going at the same time now. pretty cool

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pretty boring games today. was hoping mayhem would put up more of a fight

Ignis posted:

What's Kuki got against Lúcio

at a certain point, aren't the players at fault as well for refusing to adapt

like yea maybe you practiced one thing a lot but if it's not working, change it. houston did this yesterday against the mayhem and now mayhem do it against fusion

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I haven't listened to the actual broadcast since the original visa hell stream started last year, and I just tune out the inbetween game stuff on the main channel

owl is basically a podcast for me so I haven't noticed the ads or longer downtime between games

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dogstile posted:

Muma is only 300 above me so I'll give it a punt :v:

idk man, outlaws are pretty good. I mean, have you seen this montage of that time they got thrown in a trash can by the mayhem?

https://twitter.com/Outlaws/status/1229922293419212805

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the neverending saga of american airlines vs owl continues

hopefully they get their stuff together in time to prep for the boston game. how will we be able to declare a true winner to the toilet bowl if houston aren't at their a game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this is the first double draw in owl history I think

also if outlaws reverse sweep, they have to play koth 3 times in a row

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

like I said, every game from here on out is koth. so if houston reverse sweep, it's at best 3 more maps with no draws

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

o well rawkus is back in so this is over

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this is the kind of game that companion streams were made for

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

imagine bringing it all the way back through 2 draws and 7 maps only to lose at the very end

houston have to be the most boomed team of all time right now. their minds will be shattered for months

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

Yeah, especially on McCree Blase looks awful. It seems like every time he ults he dies before he can even fire it off, let alone get any kills.

linkzr is def better but his brain seems trapped in crunch time atm

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the next games will be more interesting if only for the fact that we don't know much about toronto or london yet

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

deadwing posted:

ahahahaha reverse swept at their own homestand by the 2020 London Spitfire

london have looked pretty good honestly

justice getting boomed by the full hold at their own homestand is really rough tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they announced some contenders broadcast stuff and it seems like eu/na casting teams were consolidated into one

https://overwatchcontenders.com/en-gb/news/23317722

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

unlucky for florida that nyxl decided to run their good dps players today

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

remember how florida ran fate on rein over karayan all last year? why

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not even not playing the meta that fucks them. just playing danteh on mei and linkzr on mccree would be a massively better meta lineup than what they've been trying

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I chose the wrong day to go out apparently wtf

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

those bans suck rear end outside of moira but I guess we'll see

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can't judge this week entirely by what's happened so far since the meta could be totally different

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the could be is for mei

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hero pools kinda remind me of when they added time bank. people wanted a system added (stopwatch then, hero bans now) but blizzard chose to reinvent the wheel instead. time bank did work out eventually but it took a while to get there. maybe they'll get there with hero pools too

dunno why they don't like hero bans tho. is it because it'd increase downtime before you can play the game? because let's be real, the extra minute or so isn't gonna dissuade the people with 20 minute dps queues and nobody else has any reason to complain

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/Surefour/status/1234302036843356160

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbf we don't know how good mei is after one game where toronto got flattened

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they're better at dive and paris don't really have the roster for this meta

outlaws could be a dumpster fire again next week if the wrong heroes get banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

did nenne kill someone's dog or something? why do they keep benching him

Torchlighter posted:

Philly always plays to their opponents, so I wouldn't be surprised of Houston/Philly was closer than we thought. And yes, I think that Hero Pools need to be spaced out more, give the format time to breathe and get solved. I think giving the teams more breathing room in the leadup is also a good idea, I think I'd like to see a months time for the rotation, with the actual draw happening halfway through so everyone knows what's coming.

I think if paris played yesterday like they did today (and ran nosmite+xzi the whole series), they'd have trashed houston