Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Watchpoint stream is live in like two minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
A+ shatter there, last possible second from freezing too

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Sombra-Doomfist dive on defense, sweet

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
also that last round legitimately had 12 different heroes being played at the same time

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

surf rock posted:

I've been really underwhelmed by Nico over the course of these two games, but using Mei's icicle to block D.va's ult from killing Rein was brilliant. I didn't even know you could do that.

If you do a Symmetra turret-teleport and have mei go as well and freeze herself on the teleporter, the turrets are invulnerable until it ends

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

That still works? I thought it was patched out

possibly? that's a good question

Also Boston throwing the end of that first map lol

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

JJonak taking these 1 vs 1s rules.

It's pretty great now that he gets to play Ana again

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Baybybay played her on Hanamura against NYXL and won fairly decisively but overall she’s not in a good place

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

headcase posted:

There is no way mei gets out of the next balance patch without a nerf (it may be after the fast patching update). She is blowing up every level of play. I would lean toward increasing all cooldowns, build ult slower, and reduce ammo in clip.

Mei’s wall also needs an HP or pillar number nerf

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

NANOTorb

and a nanotorb whose turret got a kill after he died on a tracer lol

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

You're not a real Torb player until you've had a play of the game which is just your dead body as your turret kills everyone

I feel like this used to happen way more often when the game released and a. Molten Core turret was a thing and b. everyone sucked way worse than they did now

The Berzerker posted:

I bet if I could hear what he was saying I'd find Stratus to be insufferable, but since I can't hear him, I just really appreciate how fired up he gets when Justice win. I'm cheering for Washington in this one.

tbh the league needs more mouthy dudes like Stratus or Dogman. CoD league has players calling one another dogshit to their faces in between matches and it rules

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
love 2 torb

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://streamable.com/y75kd

UNREAL firestrike-halt-window combo

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Blase got to play Doom for like ten minutes last season but he's really a hell of a Fist

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Danteh just missed a pulse bomb on a charging Rein and if he hit it the Rein probably carries it into his team

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

silvergoose posted:

What the gently caress is a punchers chance

I don't disagree with you though, since we're complete trash

A puncher's chance is the idea that anyone at a level good enough to be in a boxing match just needs to land one good punch to win

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

surf rock posted:

Ashe is getting played for the first time ever!

Babybay played her on Hanamura against NYXL last year — and won!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Ignis posted:

https://twitter.com/colourhex217/status/1236404384856145921?s=21

It’s Jerry time

e: whoa Halos in already? Poor swimmer

IIRC the Shock had Halo in to scrim with them and came away really impressed

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Ignis posted:

Well yeah he slaps hard. I still feel a little bad for swimmer to get Alemao’d with a guy who joined three days ago

(Yes Halo is much better)

Yeah sucks for him! Swimmer will get playing time if/when Mercy is meta though, he says it’s his best hero

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Tommu posted:

Why does this mean he'll be getting game time?

Oh sorry

I THINK he might have a better chance at game time 'cause Mercy's his best hero, possibly

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
lol this is brutal

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Boston made Stage 1 playoffs in Season 2 and then traded NotE and things went poorly

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

could be wrong but I don't think he even played stage 3 at all

yeah my timeline's prolly wrong but Boston did look p. good in the beginning last year. They very nearly beat NYXL in their first game and people were falling all over themselves to praise Fusions

and then the league adjusted and he didn't

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/overwatchleague/status/1237824370963144704

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Fauxtool posted:

I wonder if i can get a refund on my plane ticket to dallas

force majeure clause?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Echo prolly coming this week:

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1239597502887673867

Wonder how they'll work her into OWL?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Nihilarian posted:

Why are shanghai facing guangzhou like 5 times

right now the teams in China can only play one another

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
OWL also has a very odd problem in that it can be difficult for casual viewers to know when games are happening. They’ve gotten better about this on social media but you’d think a retweet or two from the main OW account when OWL games are live would be relatively simple and help expose the league to the larger fanbase.

OWL schedule should probably be on the game’s splash screen too. Or at least have a LIVE NOW: NYXL VS. LAG section or the like as soon as you load up the game

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Tommu posted:

Soft salary caps and 12 man rosters make signing players as selling bait less feasable. Add in overwatch being a game where most people have what seems like imo a 3 year effective top level performance window and its just kinda LOL.

HuK reading this and bugging his eyes out like a merry melodies cartoon

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Tommu posted:

I'm delirious from lack of sleep so I'm probs misreading but huks thing is not having people on long contracts for express purpose of selling off. I'd be really impressed if hes ever mandated a 2 year contract for a player.

I think we're saying the same thing -- that he doesn't sign folks to long-term contracts so it's easier to sell them off

(I am also delirious from lack of sleep because weirdly enough I've never been busier)

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

surf rock posted:

Yaaaaay Thursday matches are back.

Blizzard's amazing marketing/social team surrounding OWL's schedule strikes again

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
There’s probably a lot of people watching OWL in China but definitely not 4.8 million lol

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Facebook was inflating view counts by 400%. 400%. Entire companies folded after being convinced by FB that it was the next big platform over youtube.

If OWL survives into '21 it'll have to go back to a centralized smaller league I think. And they'll have to make big structural changes to the game and pro-play on all levels to keep players. Or throw a poo poo load of their franchising money at them.

Facebook convinced so many sites to pivot to video and actively suppressed clicks off of Facebook which somehow screwed over publications that pivoted to video and ones that didn't

but yeah OWL has to make some huge changes, man. how hard is it to make your players something other than miserable all the time?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Interesting how pro FPS players want to go play a game designed by a pro FPS player instead of a failed MMORPG project adapted into an FPS by someone famous for very strong opinions about Everquest bosses

here's my hot take I spent ten seconds considering: VALORANT stuns are p. much all slows, so do that in OW and revert all non-ult stun CCs to slows instead

game fixed, give me check plz

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

CuwiKhons posted:

Uh, I dunno about that one. Getting slowed feels horrible and arguably worse than being stunned depending on how long it lasts. See for example the slow, mounting horror of trying to get away from a Mei as she freezes you. I'd rather get shield bashed by a Brig.

(although that said, my ill considered idea for nerfing Mei is that her primary fire shouldn't freeze you solid, just slow you. Only the ult should freeze you in place)

yeah but what if a brig shield bash or a mccree stun just slowed you for a bit eh

this probably wouldn't work

real talk OWL may be better off moving to a tourney format like CDL

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
CS and VALORANT have an advantage over OW in that it is usually very easy to tell what the gently caress is going on

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

LOL Echo banned after its first week of competitive play

Just as planned

kicking the ball in their own goal over and over again

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

headcase posted:

It's really just a trap so that you can make FPS players buy the game and then beat them in the head with a flail while they shoot at a blue barrier.

Hotfix:

Brigitte no longer has a mace, she has a crossbow. she has to shoot people in order to AoE heal
Shield bash no longer stuns, it knocks back like whip shot

There I fixed brigitte

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

ParadeRainer posted:

tbf the OW team has been hard grinding Valorant, well at least Emongg, Kephrii, Boostio, and Gale (I don't really know about Carter) and Emongg was an extremely good CS player (was on a team with Skadoodle and would've def been a pro) until he broke the crap out of his wrist and lost his spot. He took up Overwatch after that but his CS knowledge and game sense in general is really, really good. Most the Siege guys just got done with Pro League last week and have been playing Valorant some but def haven't dedicated the same amount of time. Either way it was fun to see Emongg take control of the squad and shot-call them to 10 rounds in a row against the R6 boys.

yeah emongg's comms were incredibly detailed and took into account p. much every aspect of the game. super impressive

helped that Boostio popped off in the second half tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Tommu posted:

Why would you even post that it makes stuff sound more sus

https://twitter.com/shutupmikeginn/status/403359911481839617