Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Detective No. 27 posted:

That was probably the movie's biggest missed opportunity. As an ex-cop working as a vigilante in Gotham, I was half expecting her to have the Question mask on at the end. Aw well.

I just wanted her to keep wearing that awesomely profane T-shirt as part of her costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
It was a good t-shirt.

Detective No. 27 posted:

That was probably the movie's biggest missed opportunity. As an ex-cop working as a vigilante in Gotham, I was half expecting her to have the Question mask on at the end. Aw well.

Yeah, jokes aside I was looking forward to seeing what they'd do with it.
"Nothing" was slightly disappointing. ah well indeed.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
So the after-credits stinger is Harley beginning to tell us that Batman fucks bats, right? Felt like a call-out to the HQ cartoon.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Am I a bad person for not hating this? I thought the weakest part was the fighting choreography and editing, there was weird pauses between moves but otherwise I enjoyed everything else (except the taco scene thought it was a bit forced)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Am I a bad person for not hating this? I thought the weakest part was the fighting choreography and editing, there was weird pauses between moves but otherwise I enjoyed everything else (except the taco scene thought it was a bit forced)

It was generally very well-received ... ?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought it was on the lower end of mediocre to bad, my bad.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

This rocked and anyone who disagrees can kiss Bruce.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

BlackIronHeart posted:

So the after-credits stinger is Harley beginning to tell us that Batman fucks bats, right? Felt like a call-out to the HQ cartoon.

Having not seen the cartoon, I assumed "Batman hosed me on the hood of the batmobile"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's unquestionable that's what it's referring to.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Empress Brosephine posted:

I caught the movie on VOD yesterday and I agree with this, especially the weird pausing in editing. I thought the choreography was good, but I thought it might have flowed better if they had snipped some frames out, like Harley will smack a dude and then smack another dude, both hits are well shot but there is this weird pause between the moments that makes the overall action seem slower, drawing attention to the stunt guys waiting to get smacked. Maybe they tried cutting it and it became hard to watch :shrug:. Maybe it's because she ends a lot of her moves on the floor on her back and they have to let her have time to stand up again.

I enjoyed putting into context what all the CHUDS complaining about have been saying, what little baby bitches. Oh no the movie is about women and Black Mask is a bad toxic dude, this is an attack on masculinity! That such a milquetoast story could hurt their feelings makes them seem so weak.

I also think Harley has a Deadpool style problem in that when she has people to play off she's great, when it's just her it gets grating real fast, I kinda wish the team-up wasn't restricted to the last 20 minutes of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
So this was all right, a decent sequel to suicide squad if not as good It suffered from the same problem; it was obviously edited by committee or someone who didn't trust the audience. Like it didn't quite know what to do with Harley's narration/introductions, they were as clunky as Amanda Waller's in SS! But it has many of the former's strengths and I will be surprised if The Suicide Squad is as much fun.