Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«65 »
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Yea sure. Just a handful of new writers can fix everything. Throw some extra folks into the shitpit of purtird ideas and get them working shoulder to shoulder with a production group that never watched DS9.

That will fix everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntherUslessPoster
Feb 12, 2019

Universe existed for 13.8 billion years before humans and will exist for trillions years more after the last human is forgotten.
So what was your problem again?

Great snype^

re:seth
honestly, I will never be able to understand trans people pains, sufferings and feelings, I do not have a ground to judge but I have never actually heard this point.
Furthermore I went and watched quagmire's dad episode and it falls into the rules they set for the universe - every single recurring character is a bigoted idiot and the protagonist of the episode is a cool human being doing his thing while others project their bigotry onto him, depicting how people bigot about trans people but in the end even glenn 'I hosed dead girl in her coffin at her funeral' quagmire coming to understanding that this way his parent is happy, thus sending a message that trans people are great, feel better their own way and should be left in peace.
That's what the show is about, about characters depicting their poo poo views and bigotries, showing what the subjects of their bigotries have to endure for viewer to reflect about and think.
Its to educate the bigots.

AntherUslessPoster fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 4, 2020

Flannelette
Jan 16, 2010

Blistex posted:

Make Picard gay you cowards!

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

shadow puppet of a posted:

Yea sure. Just a handful of new writers can fix everything. Throw some extra folks into the shitpit of purtird ideas and get them working shoulder to shoulder with a production group that never watched DS9.

That will fix everything.

The message of Trek is that good people can triumph over impossible odds, and if you donít believe in that then nutrek has already won

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Dinosaur Gum

I believe one of the reasons Orville moved to Hulu is that Fox was putting budget constraints on him so moving allows more freedom. Same owners I know but I guess they are in a different cost center and oh my God I sound like my manager.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Grimey Drawer

AntherUslessPoster posted:

That's what the show is about, about characters depicting their poo poo views and bigotries, showing what the subjects of their bigotries have to endure for viewer to reflect about and think.
Its to educate the bigots.

Seth set out to make a late 90's take on All in the Family, but in his version everyone is Archie Bunker, hence everyone is horrible, but in the end the right message usually prevails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Orville is Good, and Seth mostly left Family Guy etc in the hands of the network aside from doing a few voices and doing promo work for them. He would much rather focus on doing new stuff from what I gather, so he puts in the minimal amount of effort into the cartoons, cashes his checks and then goes on to try to make fun sci-fi tv. So, unlike the Nu-trek producers who put minimal effort into their Sci-fi to cash their checks and then go on to put a lot of effort into doing nothing.

«65 »